three | chance of rain

Pulse of Spring | p.jimin book
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They had been staying there for almost an hour and half, and Seulbin still had no idea why they were there, in that coffee shop, just to discuss about the presentation they would do tomorrow, when actually it would be easier to just discuss it over the phone and probably gonna take 5 minutes. Soojung kept making them come back to there everyday, but oh well, at least that place making a good coffee. Seulbin thought.

"You have a crush on the waiter or what?" Seulbin carelessly asked her and leaned her back in chair. but Seulbin got the answer when She saw Soojung's face. Soojung gasped widely before she dramatically covered it with her hand,

"Oh my gosh...am I that obvious?" 

"wait..what?!" Seulbin stopped munching her sandwich, almost choked on her food after hearing that, not believing what Soojung just said. Taehyung and Seulbin turned their heads in sync, exchanging looks, talking to eachother telepathically. 'did you hear that?' 'yes. did you?' 'yup'.

"I heard he's a med student, smart and hard-working. totally my type~" 

Soojung whispered while her eyes kept glancing wildly towards the boy that standing behind the counter. Taehyung scoffed, 

"I hope he is a gay." He laughed, earning a glare from Soojung as she slapped the back of his head, making him grimace in pain. but it was not a long until he grinned, showing the girls his perfect teeth.

"Then.." Taehyung began,  "what's your type seulbinie?" He rested elbow on table, with his face on the palm. 

"Obviously not you, duh. she's out of your league." Soojung rolled her eyes as she reached her cup of coffee that wasn't hot anymore, before she placed it again on the table. this time, Taehyung was the one who had his eyes glaring.

Seulbin was searching for words to answer his question, trying to recall about her past relationship, thinking about ex boyfriend that broke up with her 3 years ago. 'you are too good for me'  that was what he said. I'm too good. okay. and so she believed him turned out he had been already with this chick that day. and it was the last time Seulbin had been in relationship. She didn't want to do it anymore.

"um.." Seulbin tried to think about what her type of guy would be like but, "I don't think I have any ideal type. as long as he has a good personality i think I will be okay. but more importantly is when you meet them, and you feel something; the click is there. you know what I'm saying?" 

"you are describing me." Taehyung put his fist on his chest and showed off his boxy smile, as he started laughing which made his shoulder shaking up and down. Soojung went 'eww' as she gave him a disgusted look.

Soojung flipped her hair, before she reached her phone and checked the time. and when she finally saw it, she was pouting her lips and clicked her tongue.

"We have to go for club activities at 3 PM, Taehyungie." She showed him her phone screen, tapping softly at it. 2:30 PM. it said. 

Seulbin looked up to them, "The dance club?"

"Yup. didn't you join a club too?" Soojung raised her eyebrows, and she took another sip of her -now cold tasteless coffee.

Youngjoo kept bugging her about the student club a week ago, telling her that she would also join the photography club if Seulbin joined. so She agreed, since she didn't really have any reason to refuse. and she said there would be a club first meeting, and yes, it was today. and Youngjoo told her that at the first meeting its most likely the group wouldn't have a specific thing to discuss, so this is the perfect time to talk about expectations for the club.

"Yes, and I have to go there at 3:30" 

Soojung nodded, before she stated again, "and you know what's funny, Seulbin," she stared at Taehyung, 

"this kid regrets joining the club." she pointed her thumb towards him and she giggled, recalling something that happened days ago.

"yah..Jung Soojung, It's not like that" he breathed out heavily, Seulbin tilted her head in confusion, expacting her to enlighten me, and she did.

"He met his used to be friend from high school on the first meeting of the dance club, and they are not in a good term, so he kinda regret joining." Soojung laughed, feeling satisfied that she could mock him. 

"well, it's useless to say it now, but I'm telling you Soojung, what actually happened back then was just a misundertsanding. it really wasn't like what people say. " He sighed, "I don't regret joining the club, I just feel a little bit uncomfortable okay?" He sighed harder, earning a louder laugh from Soojung.

"huh? what did you do though?" Seulbin asked him, totally confused with the topic. She was waiting for him to talk more, but it seemed like he didn't even want to talk about it, maybe it was too personal. and he just shrugged.

Seulbin was trying to catch up by just listening before, hoping that she would understand what they were saying. but still, she had no clue at all, since she just knew them less than a month, and in the other hand, even though they were not close in high school, they had already known each other for years.

Soojung scoffed, glancing at him, let out a chuckle before she spoke again,  

"Taehyung stole his girlfriend."

 

Seulbin could hear the soft rain, it was so soft that she walked slowly and listen to the rhythm of the rain. and the smell of the ground, it was when she knew spring had arrived. finally. a smile unconsciously gracing her face. feeling the hope and promise that spring always brought, Seulbin silently wishing, that her crooked life would get better.

She inhaled deeply before turning the door knob, pushed the door slowly and walked in. her jaw dropped and she stood in absolute awe. her eyes wandering around as she saw there were lots of artistic photos hanging on the wall. 

"A-yo seulbinie, you're finally here~" Youngjoo came up to her as she linked her arm through Seulbin's, dragging her. Youngjoo eyes shining with excitement, earning a chuckle from Seulbin.

"Ah...so this is Seulbin. then we have met before" a guy that looked like a younger version of Yoo Jaesuk walked closer. well except that he was moreee handsome ok? don't hate me. that's just what she thought.

"hm? we have known each other?" Seulbin tilted her head, squinting her eyes as she tried recalling where she had met with him before.

"well, spesifically, I saw you." he said, pursing his lips. and a dimple showed up on his left cheek, "twice, in the coffee shop and lecture room." he explained.

"you don't remember?" Yoojung stared at Seulbin, her eyebrows arched. 

Seulbin furrowed, knitting her eyebrows together. did I tell you she was bad at direction? appearently, She was bad at remembering faces too. but she forced her brain to work harder,

"Ah.." Seulbin mouth opened, "The Jungkook guy." well, at least she was good at remembering names. Seulbin smiled at him, slightly bowing. but he flinched when he saw her hand was stretched out for handshake. he just looked so shook and so Seulbin raised her eyebrows, as she noticed that he was just staying still, staring at her hand.

"Are you perhaps," She started, contemplating whether or not to ask this dumb question before she added again, "allergic to girls?" 

Youngjoo bursted out laughing and slounched down in the chair laughing so hard she had to chew her t-shirt. Seulbin stood there confused, staring at her friend before she shifted her eyes again to him. no?

"ah- um...no..I was just.." He awkwardly said, rubbing his neck before he reached out for her hand, "Jeon Jung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter