_Page 2

Heart's Diary
Please log in to read the full chapter
02 Page Two   The wide sky was painted in pitch black as the night fell for four hours ago. Joo Mi picked up her phone from the table lamp and dialled up Chang Kyun’s number. Her call was connected almost right away after she placed her phone to her ear.

“Hello, Joo Mi-a.” Chang Kyun greeted.

She chuckled at his squeaky voice that croaked out through the speaker. She could tell that he was grinning like an idiot while looking out of his window. “Hey, what are you doing?”

“Nothing. I’m just waiting for your call.”

She raised her head up and took a deep breath, holding back the tears that were threatening to fall from her eyes. She emitted out a small giggle once again when Chang Kyun sounded worry, asking if she was crying since he heard a sniff. “It’s nothing. I just have a flu.”

“You have a flu? Is it because it’s raining outside? Close your window, wear a thick jacket and stay warm inside your house.”

“I will. Don’t worry.” She smiled at his concern. She paused for a minute and a heavy sigh slipped out between her lips unconsciously.

“Is there something going on? You sound pretty bad there. Oh, you must be tired because of the cold. How about we continue this talk tomorrow?”

“No! No, don’t end this call. I have something to say.”

“But you-”

“I really have to tell you this by tonight.”

Chang Kyun kept silence for a while, probably confused by her reaction. “Okay, what is it?”

“It’s about us.” She huffed and already felt like her heart was tearing apart. “Don’t wait for me. I’ll not come to you.”

“Pardon?”

“I’m moving out of the town and will transfer school. So, don’t wait for me.” She heard Chang Kyun gasped in shock.

“What are you saying? I don’t understand at all. I-Is it because of this evening? If it’s, I’m really really sorry. You can ignore me at school if I’m making you feel uncomfortable. But please don’t move out of the town.”

Joo Mi couldn’t help but to burst into a small chortle at his ridiculous assumption. How could she leave the town only for getting a love confession, especially by him? Chang Kyun was a nice guy. He always there whenever she need, regardless in great or hard time. Although the others were gawking at her with disgust, he only looked at her with a bright smile. And that made him to be her first love.

“It’s not like that. Seriously, it’s not your fault. It just…I really have to go.”

“Joo Mi-a.” Chang Kyun called out her name in a soft voice. It sounded so sweet but hurtful at the same time. “What’s exactly going on? Can’t you tell me?”

“It’s hard and too long to tell. Just remember that I’m very happy for all the time we have spent together. And I’m sorry for breaking promise to treat you tteobokki.” She paused when her mother tapped on her shoulder, signalling that it was time for them to go. She nodded in reply and came back at her phone instantaneously. “Kyun-a, I need to go now. I-I…Take care and good bye.” She cracked out and ended the call before approaching her mother who was talking to Won Ho.

“I’m sorry for not being much help, Mdm. Seo.” Won Ho bowed. The employee, instead of her father, were seeing them away.

Her mother smiled bitterly and rubbed his arm. “It’s okay. You’ve doing so much for us. You asked about our health and sent us goodies even when Mr. Kim barely think about us. Thank you so much, Won Ho. Then, please take care of yourself till we meet again.”

Joo Mi grabbed her luggage and trailed after her mother into the aeroplane. She took her seat beside the window and stared at the gloomy sky. Her lips and heart trembled once again as she recalled about what happened on that evening.

 

“Sung oppa, how can you do this to us? You never visited us more than ten years already and now you come and told us to go away?” Her mother stood up with a red face. Joo Mi thought that her mother would shout and haul him out of their house. Yet, her mother just kneeled down at his side and sobbed. “I know that I’m not your wife but Joo Mi is our daughter. She is your daughter! How could you do this to her? I’m okay for watching you from far but I can’t let you abandon our child too. You promise me to let her live by your side once she ages twenty. You promised me!”

Joo Mi always believed that her father would be excited to see them as much as they missed him. However, it seemed he was absolutely not, especially when he was now desperate to send us abroad. “I have to do this! There are rumours and scandals floating around. I can’t just close my eyes and ears. It will affect me.” He claimed without feeling even a little bit of guilty.

Her father was a member of congress and also a presidential prospect of a new democratic party. Therefore, he must keep everything that may harm his position away and out of his life and the sight of mass media.

“Here are your passports. I already booked two tickets for both of you to Milan tonight. Once you arrived there, my men will pick both of you up and to a house which I already prepared. I also have registered Joo Mi into a nice school and after she graduated, she can further her study there in Fashion Design as she dreamed all this time. Isn’t it great? For here, don’t worry, just let me handle it. Won Ho will pack all your stuffs and send them later.”

Forcing us to agree with his plan, he let Won Ho send us to the airport later while he went back to Seoul.

 

Her tears finally stre

Please log in to read the full chapter