Chapter three

because of you

 

 

There was a commotion at Jongin’s office and Junmyeon is going to just drop dead off of the building. He could hear Baekhyun screaming and when he went in he saw Yifan trying to hold back Baekhyun. Baekhyun might be small but he was scary when he was mad. 

“I told you Jongin, from the start! That if you arent going to be serious with Sehun. You shouldn’t have made him fall for you!” Baekhyun shouted as he let the tears fall. Baekhyun and Sehun had been friends growing up and Baekhyun grew attached with him and even with Chanyeol being with him Baekhyun never left Sehun’s side.

Junmyeon saw Jongin his hand on his jaw, apparently Baekhyun had punched Jongin and the smaller one doesnt have any remorse. 

“I dont care if you fire me! And i dont want you near him. Understood?!” Baekhyun said as he pulled away from Yifan and stalked his way out.

Junmyeon watched Baekhyun left and he looked at Yifan. Yifan shrugged as he looked at his younger brother “i’m sorry man but im not on your side either” he told Jongin. Junmyeon sighed as he went to get an ice pack and gave it to Jongin.

Jongin took the ice pack and put it on his jaw “They will get over it. I had to make the choice. I cant stay with him”

Yifan rolled his eyes “We heard those words countless of times, are you trying to convince us or yourself?” he asked as he went out leaving his fiance with Jongin.

Junmyeon might be the only person who didn't take Sehun’s side. Junmyeon wanted to be neutral seeing Yifan already decided to be on Sehun’s side even though the younger male did not asked for it.


Junmyeon then offered Jongin a drink and he sat beside him. He stayed quiet waiting for Jongin to make the first step.

Jongin sighed and took a sip of his drink “I never wanted to hurt him, Suho… you know me i don't do things without reason” he whispered looking up to him. Jongin inhaled deeply and he realized he can't help it and he just bought his glass down and put his fingers pressed on his eyes. 

The older male nodded “But you love him right? You lied with all not being in love with him?”

Jongin looked up to Junmyeon and he just nodded “He was the most precious person in my life Junmyeon. I would die first before i let anyone hurt him”

It was the only answer Junmyeon wanted to hear he just embraced his future brother in law “I admire you, you letting your heart breaks for him. Jongin i hope you know what you are doing” he mumbled.

Jongin just nodded as he cling to Junmyeon and finally he cried. He cried so much that Junmyeon realized that it was the real Jongin, without those layers of pretension and lies.

~*~*~

As promised Jongin stayed out of Sehun’s sight for the past few months. And as if everything was back to normal. When Sehun was in the meeting with other board members Jongin tend to be absent and just relied to his assistant Jongdae most of the time. 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun still became Sehun’s bodyguards most of the time that even Yifan cant get through but Yifan understands them anyway so he let them. 

Sehun? Oh he’s okay, he’s maybe moving on he just decided to focus on work but at the same time he was working on himself too. He had asked Yifan that he might take an indefinite leave in the future and Yifan happily agreed seeing it might be better. 

Sehun was currently holding his papers and was about to go to Junmyeon to give them this. Then he saw a young man just like him looking around. He was confused because this floor was only reserved to the higher ups and no strangers shouldnt be here. But then he got curious so he went to him and smiled.

“Can i help you?” he said smiling at the wide eyed guy Sehun couldnt help but to be friendly.

The guy smiled “Um I was told that this is Kim Jongin’s floor? I was looking for his office” the guy said smiling.

“Oh, do you have appointment? I could take you to Jongdae he is Jongin’s assistant” Sehun said as he motioned to the far end where the Jongin’s office would be.

The guy just laughed a bit “Umm do his fiancee needed an appointment?” 

Sehun’s blood gone cold and he spoke up “Fiancee?” he asked as if he thought he heard wrong.

The guy smiled and nodded offering his hand “I’m Do Kyungsoo! I’m his fiancee i just came from New York. he wasn't expecting me but i wanted it to be a surprise” he said.

Sehun nodded dumbly as he led him to Kim Jongin’s door. “This is his office.”

Then the door opened and Jongin was there and he was shocked to see both Sehun and Kyungsoo talking.

“Honey?” Jongin asked looking at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo smiled wider and looked at Jongin “hey surprise!” he asked as he threw himself to Jongin and held him.

Jongin held Kyungsoo lovingly as he looked at Sehun. He could tell that Sehun was trying to act normal

Sehun just looked at the couple and the resolve he was wearing with the last months are starting to dissolve as he quickly turned around his hand gripping his chest as he went to his office telling Minseok to cancel all his plans today. 

Sehun locked the door and he slowly went to the couch and he sat down. Furiously the tears fell as he took out the necklace he was wearing. He gripped it tightly and he cried.

“Can my heart be broken into more pieces?” he asked himself as he let more tears freely.