Chapter One

because of you

Two years later…


The EXO corp had been getting more bigger and it expanded around the globe. With Jongin’s absence Yifan became the CEO while Sehun being one of the board member had became their COO. He was the youngest to be one but Yifan thought that Sehun deserved it. Besides Sehun is practically a family to the Wu-Kim Family. It was known knowledge that Sehun will be with Jongin someday. Yifan treated Sehun as his younger brother and he had hoped that Jongin will get into his senses before Sehun stopped waiting for him.

Yifan was at his table signing papers when Junmyeon burst into his office. He was running and he was out of breath that Yifan had to stand up to help his fiance. Yes, after nine years of dating Junmyeon finally relented and said yes to him

“Babe.. breath.. What’s wrong?” Yifan said as he guided him to the chair.

Junmyeon grabbed Yifan’s hand “your brother.. Jongin is back” he gasped and he settled at the chair

“What? What do you mean he’s back?” he asked as he suddenly stood up and walked out of the office. He walked towards the commotion and there he saw his little half brother walking towards him.


In the corner of his eyes he saw Sehun going to Jongin but Jongin didn't even looked at him. He went straight to Yifan.

Jongin smirked “hey hyung i’m back” he said as he embraced Yifan. Yifan just looked at Sehun who was obviously hurt that Jongin didnt acknowledge him.

“Come, i have lots of things to tell you” Jongin said as he led his brother back to his office.


~*~*~

Jongin knew that he shouldnt be doing this but with his mother’s begging to come home, he knew he cant hide forever. So without telling anyone he went home from New York. He gave the reigns of his company to his good friend Taemin. He knew his company would be in good hands.

He thought he was ready, he thought after those two years seeing Sehun would be nothing. But as he walked in the building the first person he saw was Sehun. Sehun who he still didnt forgot. Sehun who still has heart even with those years. There are times that he wanted to just hear his voice but he stopped himself. Instead he focused on building his own empire and take strangers on his bed. Everytime he did that he would still call for Sehun’s name at night. 

He kept on walking until Sehun walked towards him. Jongin didnt even looked at him as he walked past him smiling at Yifan.

“Hey Hyung i’m back” he smiled as he embraced Yifan and tighter. He badly wanted to turn around and grab Sehun but Jongin smiled at his brother and led him back to the office.

~*~*~

Sehun’s heart ached when Jongin walked past him without even looking at him. This wasn't the reunion he wanted with Jongin. Those two years, he had waited for Jongin to come but as if Jongin didnt know him anymore. He stared back at Jongin’s back and stood still. Everyone gathered around dispersed but Sehun stood there. Baekhyun just led him back to his office.

Sehun looked up and there he saw his bestfriends Chanyeol and Baekhyun looking worried.

“Jongin must be tired, maybe later” Chanyeol said trying to ease Sehun back to the chair. 

“Yeah maybe later he would come here to see you” Baekhyun added in as he sat with Sehun “you know him, he might be jetlagged” 

Sehun nodded “I just missed him so much Baek.. i just wanted to touch him.. To kiss him” he said as tears started to fall.

Chanyeol just wrapped his arm to his friend and sighed. 


~*~*~

“What was that?!” Yifan demanded to Jongin as they went inside his office. Junmyeon looked at his fiance confused 

“What Yifan?” he asked looking at Yifan then to Jongin.

Jongin smiled brightly as he saw Junmyeon “Hyung! Finally you said yes!” Jongin said as he embraced his future brother in law.

“Jongin walked past Sehunnie!” Yifan glaring at Jongin.

Jongin sighed as he pulled back “I didnt see him okay i was looking at you!”

“Dont lie! What was that Jongin!” Yifan asked again. Eversince Seijun died apparently Yifan took the older brother to Sehun maybe more than to Jongin.

Junmyeon looked at Yifan to Jongin “Kai?” he asked calling Jongin with his nickname.

Jongin sighed “I dont know what you want me to do but Sehun is nothing to me” he frowned. “It was a childish feeling”  he looked at his two older brothers.

Yifan was about to grab Jongin but Junmyeon held him back “he waited for you Jongin. You werent there when he needed you the most. And you tell me he’s nothing?! Are you out of your ing mind!” he yelled.

Jongin shrugged “i’ll talk to him but dont expect me to be with him because i have someone else already” he stood up as he went out.

Yifan suddenly felt his head ache as he sat on his chair while Junmyeon just looked at the door where Jongin went out worriedly

“What happened to him Yifan?” Junmyeon asked.

Yifan sighed “I dont know Suho..” he mumbled