Her Lips

The World is Ugly (But You're Beautiful To Me)

Seven months later

 

“Sojung-ssi, so why did it take so long for us to meet?” Yuna asked, bringing her hot mug of coffee to her lips. “Considering how you and Eunbi are close, I think we should’ve met way before.”

Eunbi almost pitied the alpha as Sojung kept a strained smile on her face.

For the past months, it was undeniable how close those two got; close enough to make Ddin pout for a whole week insisting that she had been casted aside.

They didn’t tell the girls how the two of them found comfort in each other’s arms at least twice a week, but they didn’t need to as her friends rightly assumed by how blended their scents smelled that they were spending a great amount of time together. Obviously, as time went by, her friends started to demand a coffee with the alpha, since their “little bunny liked her so much”.

Therefore, Eunbi had been postponing this big meeting for a while now, for the sake of Sojung’s mental health as dealing with her friends was not an easy task, but she could only do so much to stop her friends from ‘confronting’ the alpha.

Eunbi knew they only meant well, of course, but seeing how Yuna, Ddin and Yerin were circling Sojung as they sat down in a café that her fear was not unjustified.

Sojung didn’t look very well.

“I’m, uh, sorry, Yuna-ssi, I didn’t want to make anyone… um, uncomfortable.”

It was weird listening to the alpha’s voice being so hesitant. Sojung was reserved, but she was confident most of the time; she avoided unnecessary conflicts, but she wasn’t one to back off a fight.

Eunbi looked at her, hands clasped on her lap, and couldn’t help the tiny curl of her lips. Sojung was nervous about meeting her friends, a bunch of quirky girls who couldn’t hurt a fly—except for Ddin—and it was quite endearing.

Eunbi was reminded of that morning when Sojung went to her house.

Her family had, even if a little begrudgingly, grown used to the alpha. Her brother was the first one to accept the girl’s presence in Eunbi’s life. He kept his distance for the first weeks, but quickly started warm up, to the point of inviting Sojung to a visit to his university—some of his friends needed a model and Sojung would be perfect.

When it came to her parents, they were a lot warier and it took more time, yes, but they eventually understood that Sojung was not a time bomb, ready to explode at any given point. Her father, surprisingly, was the second to comprehend the importance that Sojung now had in Eunbi’s life and was the one to suggest the alpha to come have dinner with them.

For sure, Sojung was even more nervous and she stood by her door for thirty minutes, squirming and frowning, and certainly thinking about turning on her heels, before Eunbi took pity on her and opened the door.

The omega snickered at Sojung’s wide eyes and only shaked her head with a, “do you really think I wouldn’t notice your scent here?”

Granted, the dinner started off extremely awkward, but, then, her baby sister smiled to Sojung and the alpha just melted. The baby laughed and clapped her little hands to all the odd noises Sojung made and it was in that moment that her mother relaxed.

Eunbi watched the tension ease off everyone’s shoulders and after that she couldn’t take off the grin on her face.

Things went well, a lot better than expected, and the alpha made it a habit to do all the school works on her house. Eunbi asked one day if Sojung’s mother wasn’t bothered by this, but the alpha just laughed. Apparently, her mother was ecstatic that she had made a, um, friend.

“Which reminds me, Eunbi-yah,” Sojung had said, casting her eyes down, “mom asked me to invite you for lunch… what do you think?”

The omega couldn’t help but to be the most excited about it and, when the day came and she met the alpha’s mother, she was almost hopping on her way home.

Eunbi was highly aware that her personality was likeable, and that people found her adorable, but Sojung’s mother just couldn’t stop complimenting and saying she was the cutest girl on Earth. “Your mom loves me, eonni!” Eunbi had exclaimed, and the alpha just kept staring at her with a soft smile.

Eunbi didn’t ask about the rest of Sojung’s family or why she was in such a long sick leave yet, but she wasn’t in a hurry.

In fact, the omega found herself enjoying this slow place, discovering its and bits about Sojung, often relishing inside her arms in a library’s dark corner. It was nice, cozy and filled her heart with such peace and tranquility that she didn’t want anything else in the whole world.

Often, she found herself lost in their little world, forgetting about the fact that her friends hadn’t properly met Sojung yet. Eunbi was taken aback, when Yuna suddenly groaned one day, saying that she couldn’t smell the alpha anymore and know nothing about her. Ever since, Eunbi tried to conciliate her friends’ urging for a ‘meeting’ and Sojung’s hesitation. Until the previous week, when Yerin joined them and Eunbi couldn’t stall it no longer.

Yuna shaked her head and waved her hand. “Nonsense! I’ve been way past the phase of being… um, what’s the word? Eonni, what’s that word?”

“Wary?” Yerin helped, putting sugar on her tea.

“Yes! Wary. Me and Ddin were a little bit wary of you but after hearing Eunbi talk so much about you, it was impossible to not get used to you. How can we be uncomfortable? Even your scent is familiar because of how—ouch! Eonni, why did you do that for,” Yuna pouted at Yerin who just giggled.

The beta turned to look at Sojung, “are you adapting well to the city, Sojung-ssi? I heard that you didn’t live here before.”

“Oh, yeah. Eunbi,” the alpha fondly glanced at her, the anxiety on her scent bleeding out a little, “gave me wonderful tours. I only knew the way to the school and the library when I moved in and… there are really a lot of wonderful places here.”

“Ah, is that so? Where did you guys go?”

“Well,” Sojung sipped her coffee, “we went to most of the parks, a couple of galleries and the two big libraries. Eunbi-yah, what’s that place that we went last week? The one that had the small skating rink.”

“It’s the mall that opened a few months ago,” the omega said with a smile. “You guys should go there, especially you, Yuna. It’s really nice.”

Yuna gaped. “I didn’t know something like that had opened! Eonni, we need to go!”

The group enrolled into a silly talk and Eunbi observed the tension slowly seep out of Sojung who was happily drinking her coffee. The omega must have kept her eyes for a while too long, because Sojung turned her head and caught the other’s look.

Something turned inside of her, stirring and making her squirm in her seat, but Eunbi didn’t avert her eyes. She didn’t want to.

There was something comforting about Sojung’s dark, sharp eyes that pushed Eunbi closer to the alpha. It was something weird, which accompanied her since day one and confused her at the same time it made her warm and fuzzy.

The omega was afraid of it, of what it meant, but she didn’t want to shy away from it. Eunbi wanted to embrace that feeling, regardless of how much it scared her.

Seven months had passed ever since they met and, seven months later, she still wanted to bury her nose on Sojung’s neck and breathe all her scent. Seven months had passed and Eunbi only felt the wish of being close to Sojung growing stronger, rooting itself deeper and deeper inside her heart.

Surely, only seven months had passed, but the more Eunbi looked into the alpha’s eyes, the more she doubted she’d ever want to distance herself from her… the more she wanted to hold Sojung’s hand, to press her cheek on Sojung’s shoulder… the more she wanted Sojung.

“Earth to Jung Eunbi!” Ddin elbowed her and when the omega squealed, Ddin snickered. “What are you thinking so hard about?”

She looked at her friend who had plastered a very irritating knowing smile on her face. Eunbi couldn’t help the way her cheeks heated. “Nothing important.”

“Ah, really?” Ddin quirked an eyebrow. She glanced at Sojung, who was now caught up on a random talk about dogs with the other two, and looked at Eunbi. “I don’t think it’s unimportant.”

“It’s just…” Eunbi trailed off, lightly biting on her lower lip. “It’s… I don’t know, Ddin. It doesn’t matter.”

At that, the omega’s teasing look was replaced by a softer one. “Of course, it does. Look… I’m not good with this kind of thing, you know it, I’m not the best at giving advice or anything, but, damn, I have eyes, Eunbi. Anyone can see that this, ” her eyes darted from her to Sojung, “this is not something common. It’s… amazing to see you two together, you know? You look so much happier, it’s ridiculous,” Ddin snorted, “so, don’t… don’t dismiss whatever you’re feeling, Eunbi-yah. It’s important and I personally think it’d be downright stupid to pretend it’s not.”

Eunbi throat was dry as she looked wordlessly at Ddin. Her friend sighed and bumped her shoulder before entering the conversation saying that she had adopted a dog too and it was the best thing she ever did in her life.

The omega didn’t pay much attention to the conversation, mind playing Ddin’s words again and again. Eunbi understood what they meant, but she wasn’t sure she was brave enough to act on it.

Sojung was such a dear friend, such an indispensable presence in her life that she wouldn’t be able to handle if anything went wrong. Losing Sojung… would be too hurtful.

Eunbi feared how strong she felt about that, she was terrified of it, and maybe Ddin was completely right, but…

“Eunbi-yah?”Sojung’s gentle call pulled her out of her thoughts and back to reality.

Eunbi looked at her, “uh, yes?”

The alpha tilted her head to the side, quietly asking, “are you okay? You look a little shaken.”

“Ah, no, eonni. Don’t worry about it, I’m okay—”

“Why don’t you two go take some fresh air?” Ddin chirped in with a grin.

“Um, that’s not necessary,” Eunbi tried, but Yuna was already energetically nodding.

“That’s a good idea! Go, go.”

Sojung frowned a little, confused by the sudden demeanor, but looked at Eunbi and slowly stood up. The omega held back a frustrated sigh, mimicking Sojung’s action. She glanced over her shoulder as they left the café to see three smirking girls and Eunbi asked herself why they were friends again.

Those thoughts quickly left her mind though, Sojung’s hand lightly brushing against hers. Eunbi looked at the alpha who was now leaning against the café’s window and looking at her with undecipherable eyes. “Eonni…?”

“It’s cold today,” she mumbled, and her touch became more present, fingers quietly wrapping themselves around Eunbi’s. “Come closer.”

It wasn’t like Eunbi could say no.

The omega took a few steps forward and allowed Sojung to pull her into her arms. The alpha pressed her closer, slightly opening her legs to fit Eunbi in the middle of them. She relaxed into the hug, resting her head on Sojung’s shoulder. That warmth enveloped her, and a small smile crept on her face.

“Feeling better?”

Eunbi hummed, “yes.”

Sojung’s chin came to rest on top of her head. “Good.”

For a couple of seconds, they silently reveled in each other’s company. Eunbi liked this a lot, these mute moments in which they just pressed close, uncaring of the world around them and steadily breathing in the so familiar scents.

It felt like paradise.

“Eunbi-yah.”

Eunbi also like how soft and gentle Sojung pronounced her name, fondness all over that small word. It never failed to make her feel all warm inside. “Yes, eonni?”

“I… I wanted to talk about something with you.”

The omega, listening to the new serious tone, opened her eyelids and slightly pulled away, eyes searching for Sojung’s. “Okay? What is it?”

“It’s…” the alpha hesitated, musing a little before continuing, “I, actually, just wanted to thank you for everything. You’re the most… the most wonderful person I ever met. Because of you I’m having a friendly meeting and… and, in all honesty, I never thought I could have something like this. So, yeah, I just wanted to thank you.”

Sojung offered her a small smile and Eunbi tilted her head to the side.

“Why do I feel like this isn’t all?”

The alpha chuckled. “Maybe because it isn’t… but I don’t know if I’m ready to say it.”

Her stomach clenched, and her heart quickened her pace. Eunbi’s mind was thrown back to just minutes earlier and her constant hesitation, confusion and fear. The omega swallowed dryly, eyes unable to avert from Sojung’s.

Her lips fell open, but no words came out. Eunbi knew Sojung could sense her sudden anxiety, but it didn’t really matter as she smelled that the girl was feeling the same.

Against her better judgement, her eyes fell to Sojung’s lips and quickly went back up.

It was too late, though.

“Eunbi-yah…?”

The omega couldn’t find her voice, slowly becoming lost in the dark oceans that were Sojung’s eyes. She wanted nothing but to lean a little forward, feel Sojung’s breath on her skin and brush their noses together. That profound feeling of want mixed with the nervousness of their proximity clouded her mind and all she could think of was Sojung.

The other didn’t seem to be much better, though. Eunbi could see bob and her scent was constantly spiking up with waves of anxiety and… was that excitement? Eunbi couldn’t be sure.

“You could,” the omega nearly whispered, “you could say it anyway.”

“Could I?” Sojung her lips and Eunbi had to hold herself back to not whine. “I really don’t know, princess.”

Eunbi pouted, her eyebrows slightly knitting together. She knew her eyes were set on puppy mode and that Sojung was weak against it, but she didn’t feel an ounce of guilt.

“Why not? I think that… that maybe it’s better to say it… now,” the omega mumbled, earning herself another chuckle.

Breath hitching, Eunbi widened her eyes as Sojung leaned forward. “I could show you instead of saying it, if you want it that bad,” her eyes locked on Eunbi’s and the omega felt a cold chill run down her spine, “what do you think, princess?”

Eunbi didn’t answer.

The feeling of the soft brush of lips, the hands tightening on her waist, her head tilting back as Sojung deepened the kiss—all of it, everything blanked. Eunbi isn’t sure, but it’s highly probable that a moan got lost between them, being thoroughly swallowed by the alpha as their scents blended and inebriated them both.

The wet, warm touch of Sojung’s tongue on hers was the last thing she was able to rationally record. Everything else was just a blur of feelings and touches and she absolutely loved it, going pliant inside the alpha’s arms, allowing Sojung to have it all.

After what felt like not enough, they parted, panting and blushing. Eunbi had her eyes closed, perhaps because of the lingering feeling of Sojung’s lips, perhaps because of the realization of what had just happened. Nonetheless, she found herself incapable of opening her eyelids and looking at the alpha—she just couldn’t.

Sojung didn’t seem to care though. The alpha just pulled Eunbi closer again, burying her face on the shorter girl’s neck. Eunbi whimpered at the sensation of Sojung’s cold nose running her warm skin, but she didn’t pull back. The omega wrapped her arms around Sojung’s neck and let her hands rest on her nape.

With a sigh that tickled her skin, Sojung mumbled something against her.

“Eonni?” Eunbi brokenly called. “What—what did you say?”

The alpha slowly pulled away, just enough to look at Eunbi’s blushing face. The omega had to swallow back as she noticed how red Sojung’s lips were and how much she wanted to taste them again.

“I said that,” Sojung took a deep breath, “that I like you.”

Eunbi stared at her, suddenly searching for a hint that the alpha wasn’t serious or that maybe she had heard it wrong, but, obviously, she didn’t.

The omega’s eyes closed as her smile became too wide for her own face.

“I like you too, eonni.”

It was unnecessary to say that this was the best day in Eunbi’s life and that she would never, under any circumstances, forget how soft and warm Sojung’s lips felt. Not that the alpha would ever let her do it anyway.

Heart swelling inside her chest, Eunbi thought that she was really lucky.

It’s not every day that a female alpha steals your heart—and gives hers in return.

 

The End.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

talk to me on twitter! @FallenSeomie