first impressions are a bummer

Equity and Equality

 

It was 7:35 pm but Sana is still in awe. She could not get tired of how amazing Korea is. 

She's in the cab right now heading to her new dorm. It was a cheap dorm but it was enough for her. 

Her eyes are looking at the window and would occasionally spark everytime she sees Korean places, people talking in their mother's tongue language, signs and the most amazing part is the street glowing like how the streets glows in New York.

Truly an never ending day. 

The driver looks at the rear mirror and chuckles at her behaviour. "Are you new here Miss?"

Sana was staring some people wandering around the starry night and stunning street lights of Korea, "Yes I am. I'm from Osaka, Japan to be exact."

The driver laughs, "Well that explains it! You really look like a foreigner anyway. Are you here for a vacation?"

The car stopped at a small dormitory building. it seems they have arrived their destination. 

"Particularly, I am here for the rest of my life till I graduate mister." Sana said while stepping outside and carrying her luggages."

The driver smiles at her, "Welcome to Korea Japanese lady and watch out for celebrities. There are many in here. Both handsome and beautiful."

Sana swells at the driver's words. She never knew Koreans were this sweet nor playful and it's only her first day in here. Those welcoming words really made her day. 

Sana thought, I hope I will these kinds of people who are kind and caring. 

She happily smiled at the driver and said, " Thank you mister, I hope I get to see you and those celebrities soon." They both laugh and both their farewells. She stared at the building in front of her. 

It was the cheapest and the nearest dormitory to her school she could get but she didn't really cared. All she ever wanted is a place to called home in through out her life in here.

A place where she could be comfortable and rest out all of her tired days. 

She heaves a heavy sigh and enters the building. 

 

-

 

"And the curfews are very strict in here Miss Sana. I hope you don't mind." 

The landlord was touring her room and talks about the rules and regulations inside the dormitory and it seems that this building is only for girls. 

The room was simple. It has pink walls, a small bed with a tiny desk next to it, big cabinet and tiny drawers, a small kitchen and a small bathroom with a hot and cold shower on it.

The room was small but she's okay with it, she's not really much of a choosy person. 

"It's okay and I'm not really a fan of going out. I prefer being stuck on my room and besides, I am not familiar with this country." Sana states. 

"I'm glad to hear that and don't you worry about the safety in here, we have guards and staff roaming in this building." The landlord said while handling the key to Sana. "This will be the end of our rules and regulations in here and please feel at home in this building. Our girls in here are very nice and why don't you meet them tomorrow to introduce yourself personally. I will be going now." And that, He immediately left. 

Sana sighs and plumps herself in her bed. 

'What a day,' She thought. 

Moves her body sideways and saw a picture that brings back nostalgic memories.

She picks it up from her bag. It was her family picture. They were in the park that with their grandmother and she was only 2 years old. She both laugh and cried at the same time. 

"We were so perfect and happy in here." carressing it with her fingers. "You two have taught me a lot of things. Thank you mom and dad." Put it in her chest  and cries her heart loud. The walls were soundproof anyway. 

Her cries were slowly descending signalling that she is sleeping. Only heavy breaths were heard in that room but that indignant agony was still screaming in her heart. 

 

-

 

Birds were chirping outside the window, Sunlight was illuminating the room, and voices could be heard in her head telling her to wake up. Which Sana did. 

A terrifying squeal can be heard when the first thing that she sees is the clock ticking to the numbers which she wishes she is just seeing things since she just woke up, But no.

She is super late. 

Sana immediately rises up to her bed, ignoring all of her unorganised stuff and luggages and make way to her bathroom. She clearly doesn't have enough time actually. She just wash her body (leaving the hair dry) and her teeth. Decided to wear a skirt with shirt tucked in on it and a pair of slip-on shoes. 

She puts a bit of make up and arrange her outfit in a girly manne - something ordinary rather than something fancy - she thought and make her towards the door.

"Breakfast," is all she coud ever possibly said while heading towards a cafe shop. 

 

-

 

Green tea in Korea is not what Sana expected to be. Not that she judges, but it was really surprising though. She thought it's only available in Japan but whatever. She's not here in Korea to think about these things anyway.

While sipping in her green tea (korean version) in her table -she couldn't takeout her order that's why she's here unconsciously speeding up her breakfast and it was the only cheapest one in the cafe- notice 5 girls wearing expensive clothes and that are super irritatingly loud. 

It pisses her off actually that these ladies doesn't respect 'a peaceful morning' phrase. 

"So much more of being rich." She mutters under her breath. They were talking about mostly among themselves and how the other girl- busy with her phone- gestures them to be quiet. 

"My god, Mina, you need to words to socialise with other people not hand gestures. What's the point of our mouths anyway?" 

"Nobody cares about your inspiring answer and weird question Nayeon-Unnie." And rest of the girls laughed at that. Sana also mentally laughed at the savagely remark. She was at the side of their table so it's not her fault to overheard their conversation.

"Whatever, just mind your own business." The girl who named Mina, hums as a reponse. Too engrossed in her phone but never too oblivious to  notice the girl flinching next to their table when jihyo her friend, says about the school conditions and activities lately. 

must be an enrolly, Mina thought. 

Sana (who was suddenly nervous about the mention of her school name) was about to stand up but then quickly laid her eyes on Mina. They stayed their eyes about a minute when Sana cuts it off. probably too embarrassed because she was caught eavesdropping their conversation and make her way towards the counter. 

After she is done paying her order, Mina was still staring at her and smiled and even waving at her goodbye. She quickly head towards the door. Her head hung low as she walk and wobbly sits in the waiting shed waiting for the bus.

She lays her head in her sit and sighs heavily. 

"That was the most embarrassing thing I did, "

 

-

 

"Who was that you were waving to Mina-unnie?" 

She turns to look at the confused girl who sits next her, "No one Tzu."

When the rest of the girls were busy in their own world, Tzuyu began to frown at this, "You sure? because I literally saw the two of you staring at each other for a minute and you're even smiling at her! I won't call that a no one unnie."

Mina laughs at the youngest words and said, "Mianhe Tzuyu-ah, I don't know either who she was."

 

She rolls her eyes, "Yeah, as if you're that kind of a person to get easily tend with strangers. You don't even talk anyone else at school other than us unnie."

"Be quiet Tzu, the girls are gonna hear you."

"I'll be quiet if you answer my question."

Mina widens her eyes at Tzuyu, She never really thought that this cold, quiet, and savage maknae (she's the youngest of the five) could be this persistent about about this random girl she just waved to. Good thing the three girls are too engrossed in their own world or they could have been annoying Mina too. 

Tzuyu's enough, she thought. "Well, I'm going to find out either who she is since she is studying at our school."

"What year lev--

"Guys, me and Nayeon are gonna pay." Two girls immediately stands up and goes to the counter, leaving the three girls and Tzuyu's question unsaid. 

The short haired girl turns her head towards the two narcissist women in their group and ask them with a concern tone. 

"What's the matter Tzuyu and Mina? you two kinda look tense." 

​ Mina abruptly stands up, "We're fine," picks up her bag from her chair. "You guys should hurry, we're gonna be late for the orientation." And directly goes outside the cafe, leaving the two speechless. 

"Tzuyu, what did you do to Mina?" 

"Nothing." 

Before the girl could interrogate the maknae, the two suddenly went back to their table. 

Nayeon with bunny teeth asks, "Where's Mina."

With that Tzuyu stands, "She's waiting for us in the car, c'mon let's go." and left the cafe. 

Leaving the three dumbfounded. 

 

-

 

 

Again sorry for the supeeeeeeeer late update and grammatical errors I made.

I forget y'all to inform you that chapter one is a prologue chapter. You must notice that things escalated too quickly in Sana's life. 

Let me know what you think in comments about this chapter.

 it's trash i know.