D-1

No Strings Attached
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There she is.

In a beautiful yellow gown and gorgeous blue shoes. These lights are blinding, but nothing can really outshine her right now. Dancing on the side of the dance floor, swaying side to side. Enthralled by the people who waltzed almost professionally in the dance floor. She has never been one for attention. But she has never needed to be front and center to have it. People are always stealing looks at her whenever they can, and how could they not.

Even now, you can see those who waltz around the stage glancing her way. Hoping they can meet her eyes, call her attention. Seulgi can only see her back, but she could never confuse her with anyone else. Her hand reaches for this divine creature’s hand, and they fit perfect. They go so natural together and the hand squeezes right back. Their secret language. Seulgi comes closer and watches the silky raven hair flowing ever so lightly. The anticipation in her stomach consuming her as this heavenly woman turns to-

MOVE, , GET OUT THE WAY

GET OUT THE WAY,

GET OUT THE WAY!

Seulgi snaps back to reality. Her heart thumping against her chest as the outrageous alarm continues. Passing the wave of surprise in her body, what’s left is almost hurt. She was so close. She was right there with her. Mourning the dream, she forgets to turn off the alarm.

“UGH”

“C’MON, MAN!”

“WHAT IN THE-“

Seulgi only let’s herself think of who the woman in her dreams resembled for one second, before she moves to turn the alarm off and laugh at her friends’ annoyance.

“You remember it was you who dared me to put this song as a morning alarm, right? It isn’t so funny now, is it?” she giggles as she watched her friends stir in place.

The hairstyles before her almost defy gravity. Seulgi swears Seungwan’s brunette hair forms a teddy bear at the right inclination. A red Taj Mahal is the only way she can describe Sooyoung’s head right now. And Yerim’s long blonde hair is… not blonde anymore.

“Oh my god?!” Seulgi blurts out once her eyes lay on the youngest of them.

The brunette has a king-sized bed and a visitor’s room, but she has always kept an air mattress. She knows her friends all too well. In all these years of sleepovers, they have refused time and again to sleep in separate rooms. FOMO is what they call it, basically fear of missing out of not being in the fun room.  Seulgi just calls it annoying.

They usually just sleep wherever they accommodate themselves that night, so who shares a mattress with who has always been random. Sooyoung and Seungwan are on the air mattress on the floor, right by the bed where Seulgi is looking at Yerim, beside her, in horror.

Yesterday is kind of a blur after 8pm. They decided to go for lunch together after having interrupted Seulgi’s breakfast. Once that was done, they realized they were all packed up for the trip and had two whole free days before the trip. A sleepover was a no brainer, they would bring everything over and spend Sunday and Monday night together. Start their little vacation earlier, they would say in celebration. It was a great idea, so everyone went back to their respective homes to collect their luggage and important papers. They would all just leave together Tuesday morning from Seulgi’s apartment, the closest to the airport. Which is convenient factoring in the early morning trip to Jeju, where they’ll board the cruise.

By 7pm, they were all in Seulgi’s apartment with tons of snacks, street food and alcohol. All but one certain raven-haired friend of theirs. Seungwan had called her earlier to let her know about their plan, but Irene had told her she already had plans for that night. When the group heard about this they were outraged. Specially the youngest two, who yanekd Seungwan’s phone out her hand to initiate a facetime call.

Seulgi and Seungwan watched as the duo obliterated Irene as soon as she picked up the call. Somewhere along the lines of “Since when is your boyfriend more important than us.” and “Next time you go through high school again let’s see if he befriends you during your tumblr phase.”

Once they were done, they returned the call to Seungwan and Seulgi and retired to the kitchen to prepare some mimosas, Irene’s favorite, out of spite.

“They didn’t even let me explain.” Irene had chuckled once she saw the friendly faces.

“And neither will we, noodle.” Seulgi let her know before the raven could continue. “Just be here tomorrow night or I don’t think they’ll let you board the plane with us.” she shrugged and smiled towards the phone’s front camera. If she was being honest, Seulgi didn’t feel like hearing about the date Irene had planned with Nate. So, taking the younger two’s side was a perfect reason not to.

“She’s right, girl. They’re doing revenge mimosas as we speak. You’ll really miss out.” Seungwan arched an eyebrow jokingly.

Irene giggled and sighed “I know. I’ll be there tomorrow, I promise.”

After ensuring their friend’s attendance they said their goodbyes and forced Yerim and Sooyoung to say I love you to Irene to appease the disagreement. By the time the phone was put down, there were 4 revenge mimosas on the counter. And the second round was just being finished. They all looked at each other for a second, they knew where this would lead. But it was vacation time already. What the hell, right?

 “Oh, this is so wrong.” Seulgi can barely stop herself from chuckling as she continues to watch Yerim stretching beside her. “So, so wrong. I actually can’t believe this. I must be dreaming.”

“Mmmwhat?” the youngest mumbles as her arms invade Seulgi’s space and they start play fighting. They push each other and throw their limbs around to annoy the other, giggling about it before the brunette sits up.

Seulgi’s laughing dies a little as she throws a pillow towards the air mattress beside and under, “No, but seriously. You guys need to see this. What the hell happened last night?” she speaks in disbelief.

“What! Oh my god, let me get my beauty sleep!” Joy snaps back when the pillow hits half her face. While she continues to lie down, Seungwan falls into whatever bait Seulgi is throwing and sits up half asleep. Her two elbows propping up onto the king-sized mattress, head resting on her wrists as she wills herself to open heavy eyelids.

Once she does, Seulgi amusedly watches as Seungwan’s eyes grow twice their size, a mumbled “Oh my god.”

Yerim arches an eyebrow now and props herself up on an elbow, “Alright, I’ll bite. What?” she asks indifferently. She is not amused with whatever these two have going on, they often play jokes like these among themselves. And it turns out to be nothing, just everyone ganging up on a member of their group to make them feel crazy. You know, your typical friendly gaslighting.

Seungwan pulls an arm down to move Sooyoung frantically without moving her eyes from Yerim.

She shakes her head as an incredulity grin forms on her lips, “Soo, if you don’t wake up right now, you’ll miss out on what is probably our best drunken idea…” she threatens, “like ever.”

The red-haired opens just one eye to try and read Seungwan, looking for any telling of this just being a rouse to get her to wake up. The short-haired looks back with a bewildered look on her face, “I’m being so serious right now.”

Sooyoung obliges and sits up painfully slow, stretching her long arms up before she even opens one eye. Seulgi, Seungwan and even a skeptic Yerim watch as the red haired takes her sweet time.

“Okay,” Sooyoung sighs, as she finally starts to open her lids, “What is soooo important I have toOH MY GOD!” she screams and quickly points to Yerim’s head. “OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!” she yells again before she erupts in hysterical laughter, and so do Seungwan and Seulgi.

They start throwing pillows and pushing each other as the chaotic laughter fills the room, a confused Yerim looking at them as lost cases. Seulgi starts crying, something that usually happens when she’s laughing too hard. This just makes the other two laugh even harder, and struggle to breathe. The ones on the air mattress fall back down and hold their aching tummies, while Seulgi throws herself on Yerim.

“Wha- Get off!” the youngest chuckles as well when the body weight falls on her. “What is up with you people.”

They all try to explain to Yerim one at a time, but they have all just fallen into the giggles. Nothing really is funny anymore, just laughter for laughter’s sake.

 As the minutes pass they just look more in pain that anything else, Seulgi being only capable of taking her phone off the nightstand and snapping a quick picture.

She throws it over at Yerim and a second later a piercing, penetrating scream echoes around the room. Sending the other three deeper into the state they already were in.

“WHAT THE HAPPENED TO MY HAAAIR!!!!” Yerim continues to scream, “WHAT THE HELL? OH MY GOD!” the youngest can only be serious for a few more moments before she succumbs to the other’s hysterical chuckles.

After a good five minutes, they are all left groaning in pain as it all finally dies down. Their stomachs sore from the exercise they have performed.

Yerim brings Seulgi’s phone into her vision once more, her hair a neon green that almost hurts her eyes. She echoes the girl beside her, “What the hell happened last night, you guys? This is insane.”

“Oh god, I don’t even want to see how we left the bathroom.” Seulgi massages her temples. “Where did we even get green dye?”

After that, she watches a pair of hands pop up from the mattress below. She can tell they’re Seungwan’s by how short the arms are.

“What is it, Wan?” she wonders.

Seungwan scans closely her hands for a couple of more seconds before stating, “My hands,” she ponders, “They’re not green.” and looks to her side, “And neither are Sooyoung’s.”

Yerim puts the phone down and looks towards her own too, before moving her sight to Seulgi’s, which aren’t green either.

“Huh?” the youngest huffs in confusion. She glances back at the phone, yeah, definitely green, “How?”

“I have no idea.” the long-haired brunette answers, puzzled herself, rotating her hands to look for any indication of green.

“Well, it had to be one of us, right? I don’t think Yerimie would let anyone else get near her hair. No matter how drunk.” Sooyoung sits up, Seungwan following in suit.

“Oh, definitely. If we, for some reason, went to a salon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter