Protect My Heart

Protect My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

JESSICA'S POV

 

I am sitting with my bestfriend in a bar waiting for our drinks when someone who looks familiar entered. I glance at them and focus to my drink when it arrives, i don’t want to be seen by them but seems like luck isn’t on my side as i saw them approaching us with a smile on their faces.

 

“Hi Cousin!” Sooyoung greeted me excitedly with Yuri and Taeyeon trailing behind him. I look at them but divert my eyes away when i caught Taeyeon’s eyes at me.

 

“Hello. You seems happy to see me here” i replied Sooyoung with sarcasm.

 

“Well, can you blame me when it’s not everyday that i see you at this kind of places?” it is true since i’m not fond of crowded places. I wouldn't be here if not for Tiffany, she says she is going to introduce me her boyfriend.

 

“Someone dragged me here” i said glaring at Tiffany.

 

“Don’t look at my girlfriend that way cousin. You are scaring her” Yuri take a sit and put his hands around Tiffany’s shoulder and while smiling to each other.

 

“What? You are her boyfriend?” i questioned them and they just nod at me. Sooyoung sit beside me while Taeyeon sit beside Yuri.

 

“Tiff are you sure? It’s still early, you know?” i said with a frown. Just want to piss my cousin. Tiffany laugh at my remarks but Yuri looks offended.

 

“Hey! I am serious here okay. I’m not like Sooyoung who always play around with girls. I won't hurt her. This bestfriend of yours is safe with me” he even puts his hand on his chest to prove his point.

 

“I know i’m just kidding. I didn't know that you both know each other” i didn't really know about them as i haven't seen them together before.

 

“We saw each other during your birthday last year. You are too busy with other guests that's why i accompanied her and boom!! Here we are, in love with each other” he is smiling throughout his explanation that i felt myself smile too.

 

I heard some puking sounds and that’s when i notice Sooyoung and Taeyeon cringing and making some noise. “Corny” “Too sweet” the two are mumbling and we just laugh at them.

 

“You should find yourself a girlfriend too” i said staring at Sooyoung. I’m quite awkward with Taeyeon but since he is friends with most of my cousins, i don't have a choice.

 

“I will. After i found a guy for you.” Sooyoung answers with a smirk on his face.

 

“Yeah. You should find a boyfriend too Jess” Yuri followed Sooyoung’s statement.

 

“She is still brokenhearted, give her a break guys” Tiff saved me from them. I look at her and she just smiles.

 

“That Kris is not worth your heart Jessica. It’s been two years” Yuri throws me worried look

 

“Oh wait. Taeyeon is still single by the way.” Sooyoung starts with his annoying smirk again. I glare at him and he just shrugged.

 

“Ehem! Babe let's dance” Tiffany said and dragged Yuri to the dancefloor.

 

“Excuse me! I think i saw someone i know” Sooyoung also leave our table. Ugh!! Those two will get it from me later.

 

I am so annoyed right now and i just want to leave the bar. Taeyeon is not talking or moving, he is just sitting there and i can feel his eyes on me. I can see in my peripheral vision that he sometimes drink then glance at me again. We stayed that way for half an hour before i heard him talk.

 

“Nice seeing you again. It's been a long time.” he says with his husky voice. Maybe he get some courage from all the beer he drinks.

 

I turned to him and saw him staring at me with a dimple smile. “Yeah. It is” i answered giving him a small smile.

 

“ You still look beautiful by the way” i felt my stomach churns and i feel so embarrassed right now.

 

“Thank you…” i said not looking at him. I want to compliment him too but i don't want him to think that i am flirting with him.

 

“Why are you so shy? It’s not the first time we talked and see each other right?” he says calmly.

I don't really want to remember that day actually. The reason why i hate going to bar and get drunk when i’m alone. I thought he is too drunk that night and doesn't remember anything.

 

“Yeah i’ve seen you a few times with my cousins during gatherings” i really hopes he can't remember

 

“We both know what i am talking about Jess. I may be drunk that night but i know everything i did” i look at him as i was so shocked that he remembers. It’s been a few months and he didn't confront me about it so i thought he can't remeber anything.

 

“O-oh uhmm… Really?” i don’t know what to say. I am also drunk that night but i still know how to control myself.

 

“I’m sorry about that day, i am so drunk and i can't control myself” he looks down to his drink. He looks really sorry about it.

 

“It’s fine we are both drunk. I am just thankful that we didn't go further and regret it the next day” i said and stare at him to assure that it is really fine with me but there’s something in his eyes that i can’t point out.

 

“But still…. Sorry. I don’t know how to face you after that and… I” he stops and exhales heavily like there is something more he wants to say. He is just staring at me and his next words leave me frozen at my place and i just stare at him. “I am serious about asking you to be my girlfriend that night”

 

“What?” i finally asked after being shocked for a few seconds. I can't believe what's happening right now.

 

“That night, Yoong asks me to look for you since according to him you are still hurt and maybe you are somewhere getting drunk.” he starts. I remember asking my cousin Yoong to accompany me for a drink but he is busy.

 

“At the bar before you see me i have been there longer and was supposed to drink a little so i can bring you to your home when you get drunk but it seems the other way around….. You keep talking to me about your ex that i find myself drinking feeling hurt and jealous how your eyes sparkle whenever you talk about him” he smiles bitterly.

 

FLASHBACK

JESSICA POV

 

I really feel like getting drunk tonight but I don’t have anyone to go with me. I drove my car to the parking lot of the bar and when i enter the smell of cigarette and alcohol hits my nose. At first i hate the smell of the bar but after coming here once or twice a week after my break up with Kris i came to like the smell.

 

I found a stool in front of the bartender and sit on it. “the usual please” i said to Hyoyeon.

 

“coming right up” he makes my drink and i roam my eyes in the dancefloor before focusing on my drink that just arrived

 

“You're alone tonight?” after coming here many times i became close with Hyoyeon.

 

“I am but still i won't go with you” i replied playfully

 

“I know but i’m not gonna ask you that again, you rejected me couple of times already and i’ve learned my lessons” he answers and i laugh at him.

 

“Glad that you know” he laughs too then he leaves me for he has other customers to attend too.

 

I’ve been thinking and drinking for an hour or so already and i can feel the alcohol kicking in. I don't know why I'm still drowning myself with sorrow and alcohol because of him. We are just together for 5 months but the pain is too much. I miss him more after the break up and until now i still don't know why we parted. I heard from my friends that he is enga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter