final

The Difference Between Medicine and Poison is in the Dose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy had constantly asked herself why. It shouldn’t be such a hard question to answer, but for Wendy it was just something that haunted her.

Love sees no evil, indeed. Love turns us into fools. A fool, that is what she was. She hadn’t seen the real Joohyun until it was too late for her. Her heart, aching. The pain that she felt and the desolation became too much to beare.

Sometimes, we fall deeply, madly in love. The happiness blinds everything else, the behaviour that is in there that deep down is driving you nuts. The dependence that comes with a love so intense is also there, but you cannot see it. Of course, why would you?

Wendy was suppose to be in love with Irene, and she was, but was Irene in love with her too? Probably not.

“Babe, I like this cake, “ Joohyun says, expecting her beloved… friend―because she felt like her girlfriend but she wasn’t, not for Joohyun anyways―to buy it for her.

Wendy knows it’s not about money, because Joohyun is even richer than her, it is about control, the control that Joohyun has over her. Wendy, of course, gives in. She’s whipped as and there is not a single person in the planet that can deny that.

She doesn’t care. She really doesn’t.


 

Joohyun always said no. She didn’t like nor love Wendy, she was just… a distraction. But for Wendy―silly, delusional Wendy―the negative from her was just so difficult to understand. Why on earth would Joohyun have with her if she didn’t love her? It didn’t make any sense. was suppose to be an act of love. Even if Joohyun just did it for fun, she had to at least like her, right?

Then things changed. Joohyun started to ignore her, because she was “too busy”. Wendy didn’t understand this. When you love someone so dearly you make time, even if it is hard for you. Instead, Joohyun chose to avoid her at all cost and started to treat her like garbage, like she was just a doll that could be thrown away when you got bored of her.

That attitude was taking a toll on Wendy. She was desperate for Joohyun and it was so unfair that the love of her life was doing that. To her, of all people. Wendy, who had been only a caring, lovely person and a great friend.

“I’m dating someone,” Joohyun said. Wendy’s world crumbled down just by hearing that. She wanted to die. Even if Joohyun had ended things with her a few weeks before the confession, that didn’t make those words easier to hear. But she―being the good friend she was, or she tried to be―listened to Joohyun. She even gave relationship advice.

Of course she wanted to die and she wasn’t overreacting. Not all people knew how a heartbreak of that magnitude felt. But she knew. Wendy knew. Sadly, Joohyun didn’t even care.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter