Four Years Later

Never Coming Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Cheers!” Wendy said, followed by the other; Seulgi, Sooyoung, Yerim. Being the introverted one, Wendy was too picky to befriend with someone, like she has some criteria to whoever she approved to enter her life.

 

“Happy birthday, Seulgi eonni, Wendy eonni. Cheers!” Yerim yelled, put her glass high, gulps the beer and half emptied the glass. “Hey Slow down will you!” Seulgi patted Yerim’s back because of the younger one’s cough. “Hahaha, thank you eonni.”

 

Sooyoung who has rested her back on the counter rise her glass. “Cheers, for both of them! Wendy eonni, this is your fourth birthday since the disaster. Aand, For Seulgi eonni who is,” Sooyoung paused, looking at Seulgi who widened her eyes and mouthed ‘now?’

 

“Come on, can’t you see this cute little thing circling on my finger? Guys?” Sooyoung who has deliberately held the glass with her left hand, and positioned the ring to be standing out, but sadly everyone in here just too dumb to realize it.

 

“Oh my God, Seulgi you did it?! Congratulation, oh my God,” Wendy couldn’t hide her shock and excitement, she punched the latter’s arm playfully. But, there’s someone who felt that she was left behind.

 

“I don’t even know that you— and you are girlfriend(?)” Yerim pointed at Seulgi then Sooyoung. “Okay, I feel betrayed,” she shrugged and pretend to be hurt on her clueless-ness about the couple, and letting out a heavy sigh. Maybe I didn’t pay attention well.

 

“Cheers for Seulgi and I who finally engaged,” Sooyoung rise her glass.

 

“Cheers for— aww, come on Yerim ah, I’m sorry. We’re sorry,” feeling guilty, Seulgi embraces Yerim with her left arm. “Okay, let’s cheers for Yerim too! She’ll leave this place, soon, because her lecturer recruited her to be his assistant. He said that her music-making skill is above average and it was his pleasure to work with her. So, Cheers for our little Yerim,” she added.

 

“Oh, no. I’m sad. Oh, come here little devil, congratulation.” Wendy dramatically hugged the youngest and pinched her cheek as if she was a 5 years old kid.

 

“You said it like I will be vanished completely from here, huh? But, thanks eonnideul,” “And congratz for you two.”

 

“Congratulation, Sooyoung, Seulgi, and Yerim. I couldn’t be happier than knowing the best persons in my life are happy. Actually, I have an announcement, for— Sooyoung, it’s about what I’m thinking of for the past weeks,”

 

Wendy shared her thought to the rest of them about make Sooyoung be the CEO of her Bakery. It’s all Sooyoung’s effort after all. She knew if Sooyoung is capable of widened the business, other than that, she thought this is the only way to thanked Sooyoung. She had submitted Sooyoung’ and Seulgi’s name to be inserted in the certificate of ownership.

 

“While I’m gone, you’re the one who built this bakery, on behalf of me. Hell, I’ve never thought I will have a few branches in Korea whereas I only have two before I neglected it. You’re so crazy, Girl. Other than that, you’re always spared your time to visited me, who didn’t even care and disappointed you again and again.” Tears started to brim in her eyes, she felt that her speech turned to the emotional one, she doesn’t even think it will be the one. Sooyoung side hugging her as she says that 'That’s what’s a friend for.'

“It’s been hard for me, for the past four years. Visiting psychologist, healing myself from addiction to alcohol, it’s been hard. But I realized, it must be harder for everyone around me, who are still care about me.”

 

Sooyoung refused Wendy’s offer, she said that she did cover Wendy’s absent, but it doesn’t mean she wanted to take Wendy’s place. Seulgi helped Sooyoung to convince Wendy to think twice about her decision. Wendy never did something without thinking twice, she even did thrice or more, and the newly engaged couple knows that. They knew how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter