Alone

Small things and Little moments

A/N 

Everything has been so crazy recently with the bi scandal and truthfully it’s been so shocking. I don’t know what’s going to happen in the future but I wish them all the best of luck. Really just posting this reeeeeally short one because it’s been a while and I need to get something out haha so I can finally continue my list which seems never ending. Honestly the person at the end was going to probably be Yunhyeong since I seem to really favour the Kims (I mean hyung and leader maknae relations always get me) but I decided to change it for something nice even if it’s fiction to deal with the chaos. Hopefully I will be able to continue to write more (when I’m not feeling lazy) and I’ll probs still include Bi (is that weird idk i don’t think I can get used to it?) 

Anywayyyy without further ado I present a short pointless fluff piece (seriously I have like three other plans up and two are just pointless fluff while one is a more interesting idea I’ve been reallly wanting to write.  I feel like I have a problem with pointless fluff, would  anyone like angst? Just solid angst without fluff or is that also too much?) 

 

————————————————————————

 

Chanwoo’s buried. Stuck under layers and layers which press down on him, constraining him, rendering unable to move. He feels terrible. He can barely speak, only feeble words emanate from his scratchy throat. He doesn’t know how much longer he can deal with it. 

 

The reality of his situation? He’s sick. The mound on top of him is a mountain made of duvets, all dragged from the other members rooms and dropped on top of him where he was currently lying on the living room couch. He’s got a cold yet running a fever; and that means that he’s in the awful situation where he seems to have split into two different parts of him both fighting against throwing off the blankets or basking in their softness. 

 

The reason for his predicament? It was all to do with a feisty small member who had forbidden everyone from coming anywhere close to him in fear that his sickness will spread; which is stupid, he’s coughed and sneezed enough times for the lovely little virus that’s infected him to spread all over the place. That and the fact that in moments like this it would be so much better to have someone to chat with rather than being isolated is what is making him grumpy. 

 

He’s not sick enough that he’s in huge amounts of pain and delirious, but just enough that he’s been forced to rest in fear that it gets worse which is why he’s been placed on the couch after whining that it was too boring in his room (he wasn’t allowed to play games! What else was he supposed to do?) they even took his phone after realising could play fortnite on phone. So there he is, without his games, phone or entertainment. He’s thinks the boredom will kill him before the virus does.

 

 

“Donghyukkie-hyung!!” Chanwoo pats at the space beside him to at least try and get someone past the impenetrable mound of blankets surrounding him and some form of company. Donghyuk is just about to move to him when Jinhwan pops his head out of his room warning him with a glare “don’t you dare go next to him, he’s sick and he’ll get you sick too.” Chanwoo gives a small whine to which Donghyuk flicks his head to, looking concerned but Jinhwan intercepts yet again “it’s not that bad he’s just trying to manipulate you guys to play with him” and while Donghyuk is one of the kidnest souls in the group he’s weak against resisting orders so he mouths an apology as he walks away. Chanwoo pouts at Jinhwan who stares back blank faced and unmoved. “It’s for your own good” is all he states before he disapears back into his room while Chanwoo is stuck with sticking his tongue out to insult a door. 

 

Not to be disheartened though he decides to try his luck with other members, hopefully those who would be more likely to stand up against their eldest. June is his next target as he spots the other passing through. As he calls June to join him the other merely raises an eyebrow and continues on his path ignoring his requests. He’s probably been warned about his antics too Chanwoo thinks to himself. Still there are plenty other members to cajole. “Bobby hyung” he tries again. Bobby is the perfect candidate, he just has to grin and his easygoing nature will surely counteract Jinhwan’s worry, probably even be super effective, that’s the power of Bobby. This time he’s more successful and gets the older to join him on the couch, lifting the blankets to even allow his legs to be thrown over him and press his forehead to his shoulder. But he’s only able to enjoy the comfort for a few moments before Jinhwan with his bloodhund scent bursts into the living room and tuts at them as he pulls Bobby away. Unfortunately he severely overestimated Bobby’s skill, or maybe he overestimated Bobby’s willingness to give in to his whims because the elder merely gives a shrug and allows himself to be dragged away by a man who physically shouldn’t be able to. That leaves Chanwoo sighing and wondering when he’ll get a member who cares enough to stand up for him, but before long he it up and lets himself bury deeper into the sofa resigning himself to his lonely fate.

 

After that he’s left alone for a bit. Most of the members are either out or downstairs so the place is quiet in a way it never is with seven rambunctious guys. Although he misses the members he gladly accepts the rare silence as he dozes off getting the much needed rest he’s being forced to have. 

 

When he finally awakens he notices he that he isn’t alone, his legs have been placed over someone else’s and a hand is alternating between slowly combing through his hair and pressing against his forehead cooling it. He keeps his eyes closed for a few moments longer relaxing with the movements before cracking one eye open to determine who the invader is. Surprisingly or perhaps not so he discovers it’s Hanbin, who still hasn’t realised Chanwoo’s awake as he stares intently at his phone scrolling through what seems like his Instagram feed. Chanwoo stays quiet for another few moments before calling hyung to let the elder know he was awake. He doesn’t move from his position though. 

 

At the noise Hanbin turns him eyebrows slightly furrowed as he asks “you feeling better?” At Chanwoo’s nodding he quietly replies “that’s good, still you need to rest a bit more.” He then turns his attention back to his phone presumably for Chanwoo to go sleep. “Jinhwan hyung?” is all Chanwoo asks wondering why the elder had seemingly given up his role as body guarding against Chanwoo. “Don’t worry about him, he’s taking practice today so he won’t be here to nag, and plus being the leader does give you some extra power, either that or he was just naturally weak to my charms” Hanbin replies with a smile. Chanwoo wants to retort scathingly but the matter of fact is that Hanbin has seemed to manage to evade Jinhwan’s rules, that in itself must be given credit to. Plus Hanbin’s answer also reminds him of something else. That’s right, they were scheduled to have dance practice today to revise the choreography of their older songs, he had completely forgot about practice. Suddenly Chanwoo feels a gnawing sense of worry and guilt that he was missing out on practice for a measly cold. While everyone was working hard here he was whining and sleeping oblivious to their effort; not only that, he had tried to steal a member for company and now that he did have one they were missing out too all for the sake of providing company to him. Not even that, Hanbin, their leader, wasn’t even there to supervise. 

 

Chanwoo’s face must have clearly shown his thoughts, either that or Hanbin could read him too well because he soon had a flick to his forehead bringing him out of his spiral of thoughts. “It’s fine, firstly Jinhwan can handle it, secondly no you are not going to join practice now, and thirdly yes I’ll be staying here so there’s no point in trying to convince me to leave now, missing out on one day of practice won’t hurt you or me. And iv been working on my composition” he motions to the papers on his lap. “Plus I’m not that heartless to leave my sick maknae alone at the dorm without anything to do, especially after seeing him rejected so pitifully by the others. Have I answered everything?” And Hanbin isn’t really waiting for an answer because he knows he has and Chanwoo’s nod just affirms the fact. “Cool, now you’ll have to rest, it’s what I promised Jinhwan I’d make sure you do,” hanbin states gently “even if I’m the leader I’ll be in danger if he finds out I didn’t keep my part of the deal.”

 

So even though Chanwoo can still feel the slight throbbing in his head and his throat is scratchy and dry he knows that everything will be ok because the leader is by his side. And content with that he drifts off to peaceful sleep again.