Rest

Small things and Little moments

A/N 

Happy bday to our adorable maknae!! I tried to do a fluff cause we all want happy Chanwoo right? (although I have to admit angsty h/c is also amazing) Anyway...

Summary: Chanwoo is exhausted after dance practice and Bobby is there to help (kind of)

————————————————————————

Dance practice is gruelling. Well sadly for Chanwoo that’s the norm, but with an upcoming comeback and numerous concerts it means that they’re spending lots of time not only perfecting the new choreography but also relearning older songs. It’s not like they’ve forgotten the dances to their older songs, the dance moves are engrained in Chanwoo’s brain. He’s performed when he was sick, tired and everything in between, practiced the dances so often that it’s become a part of himself that he couldn’t ever forget. But they need to polish long forgotten rusty dances which when coupled with a perfectionist leader means lots of hours spent at their dance practice room. Which is why Chanwoo is currently lying on the ground, arms splayed out on either side, too exhausted to move after a particular tough session in which they went through the whole repertoire from the debut to their latest single. 

 

Chanwoo wants to collapse and fall into a sleep not unlike sleeping beauty’s long slumber. It sounds a bit over the top but he’s so exhausted that he feels that he could sleep immediately; even a quick nap would suffice for him right now. He closes his eyes trying to ignore the sticky sweat that coats his skin like a second layer, tries to even his racing heartbeat and relax against the stiff wooden floor. He starts to drift off... He’s starting to think he must’ve been running on fumes because he’s actually nearly drifted of to sleep before a foot is nudging him awake. Eyes still closed he groans and swats away the annoying foot in hopes that the other will leave him alone to peacefully slip away to sleep.

 

“Come on, get up, it’s time to leave,” a voice says gruffly, not unkindly but the command is evident. Chanwoo connects the voice to Bobby and cranking one eye open he finds his assumptions proved true. He also finds that closing his eyes and resting is far superior to listening to his hyung so he shuts his eyes again and tries to ignore the order. A foot nudges into his side again, this time more harshly. 

 

“I just wanna sleep,” Chanwoo mumbles blearily, “let me sleep.” Bobby responds by kicking him again which only results in Chanwoo grumbling and turning onto his side in a curled up foetal position trying to get away from the disturbance that is his hyung.

 

Bobby is quiet for a moment before he says, “Well you can sleep,” Chanwoo brightens at the offer, a smile of pure bliss adorning his face, who would’ve though Bobby would submit so easily to his whims, “when we get back to the dorm.” Chanwoo is about to start whining again but is cut off by Bobby who says sharply, “in case you haven’t noticed everyone is already waiting in the car, and they’re just as tired as you so you better get up so we can all get home and relax.” 

 

Chanwoo can’t fight the logic, if they do get home earlier they’ll also get to rest more but he’s discovered a newfound appreciation for the floor. In fact he doesn’t realise why he’s never appreciated the true wonder of their dance practice floor, it may be tough but it was so comforting and accomodating, perfect for a quick nap.

 

Regretfully he pulls himself up with the help of Bobby who extends his hand after a few more swift kicks. Bobby says something like good job and gives Chanwoo a pat on the back but truthfully he’s too tired to process anything that’s going on. He finds himself shooed into the car and before he knows it his head is on Bobby’s shoulder and he’s out cold. 

 

Bobby thinks he should amend the statement about all the members being as tired as Chanwoo. True they were all currently red faced from exertion, eyes heavy lidded after the rush of adreline had left their body but it’s nothing compared to the maknae whose head is currently resting on his shoulder, breath even as he sleeps.   Bobby’s almost worried the maknae has fainted but the soft snores chase away his fears. Instead he focuses on how the younger had looked so enamoured with the floor that he was about to marry it and tries not to chuckle knowing it would surely wake up the younger. In fact they have been pushing themselves lately, comeback, award shows, concerts, fan meetings, the list goes on, they have so much on their schedule Bobby doesn’t blame Chanwoo from nearly passing out. They barely have any time to themselves, it’s tiring but also pleasing to know how much more well-known they’re becoming.

 

It’s not too long before they’ve reached the dorm and the members slowly file out. Bobby flicks Chanwoo’s cheek and noticing the younger is still out cold turns to shaking him. Chanwoo awakes asking confusedly “wha- who- where- oh,” his arms flailing around the car before calming down and settling into a comfortable position again. Bobby then drags the younger out of the car because he looked as if he was content to just sleep in the car and Bobby can’t have that, not after all the effort it took him to get the boy out of the practice room. Then as if Chanwoo is aiming to make Bobby’s life extra difficult by being purposefully obstinate he refuses to walk independently so he’s taken to currently leaning on the elder, using him like a crutch as they walk into their apartment complex and enter the lift. As they arrive on the lower level Of their dorm Bobby leaves to detach himself from the younger but Chanwoo merely emits a small whine and clutches at Bobby tighter to his side. 

 

Bobby sighs. “You guys go first,” Bobby motions to the other roommates on his level, “I’ll just drop him off first. Don’t worry about me, you guys just shower first, I’ll finish up after you’re done.”

 

“Are you sure hyung?” Donghyuk asks meekly holding open the door button knowing that as a hyung technically Bobby should get to shower before him and Junhwe. 

 

“Yeah don’t worry about it, it’s fine,” Bobby waves it off “I don’t think he’s gonna let go of me anytime soon,” he says pointing towards the maknae who hums in agreement and continues to treat Bobby as a life sized plushie.

 

“Come on, who cares, if I get an earlier shower I’ll take it,” Junhwe states and with that Jinhwan is herding the other two maknaes out while Bobby stays and drags the youngest out of the elevator to the rooms. As soon as they enter the dorm Chanwoo pulls himself away from Bobby in an attempt to make a break and run to his room but the older has already caught onto his intentions, and his arm, preventing the younger from sprinting away. Bobby tuts at the younger and pulls him into the living room sitting him onto the couch, throwing his legs over the younger to keep him in place ignoring Chanwoo’s moans and groans and subsequent efforts to tug himself free from the hold.

 

“You definitely need to shower, we’ve been sweating and practising dancing for hours, there’s no way you’re going to bed like this,” he states. Chanwoo sighs in desperation and resigns himself to stretch out on the couch and turn so he can rest his head on Bobby’s shoulder. Bobby genuinely feels bad for the maknae who seems a few seconds away from rebelling. Poor guy was maknae too so he had to wait for the older two to shower first before getting his rest; still it wouldn’t be good if he just let him off to go to sleep, it would create bad habits and then they’d be a dorm of seven stinky males, there were some things that were regulated for a reason. 

 

“It’s ok, it won’t take long,” Bobby comforts soothingly “soon you’ll get your rest.” Chanwoo makes another grunt and Bobby translates it into his happiness at the mention of rest. Bobby had become adept at understanding random Chanwoo sounds due to tired Chanwoo only conversating in random grunts and untillentillengle sounds. 

They continue to sit there in silence.

 

It seems like Chanwoo has an idea because suddenly he jerks his head up off the elder’s shoulder and turns to face Bobby opening his eyes a little wider, tilting his head slightly to the side in his classic manoeuvre to captivate. “Are you sure you don’t want to shower first hyung? As maknae I’ll respectfully wait for you to shower first. I would sacrifice anything for you hyung,” he says sweetly. He wonders if he laid it on a bit too thick as Bobby arches an eyebrow at Chanwoo’s offer.

 

“Don’t try that with me, I know you’re just gonna sleep if I leave you for a sec,” Bobby counters. Chanwoo feeling that the current strength isn’t enough devises a new plan. He lowers his face bringing sweater paws to rub his eyes slowly and deliberately emitting a small whine.

 

“Please hyung~,” he stretches out the syllables and adds as much as aegyo as has can. It’s working a little, he can see that Bobby is wavering, his face is scrunched up in a mixture of concern and thought; just a bit more and he’ll succeed.

 

 “I’m really tired and... it’s been so hard recently because we’ve been so busy,” he continues. Bobby’s face morphs into one of care as he runs his hands through Chanwoo’s hair. Chanwoo smiles into his sleeve.

 

“Hanbin ah! Get over here, the maknae doesn’t want to shower,” Bobby shouts and Chanwoo’s face drops. The leader walks over already finished changing into his pjs (despite Yunhyeong being older there’s a unanimous understanding that Bi has first shower after all dealing with the pressures of being a leader.) 

 

“Chanwoo, shower now,” is all he says and Chanwoo reluctantly trudges to his room after staring at the leader with his puppy dog eyes only to be on the receiving end of an unflinching gaze, knowing whatever chance he has into manipulating Bobby is lessened dramatically with their leader. He has a pout as he shuffles around his room to grab everything he needs; why did by have to bring the leader into it? 

 

When Bobby has made sure that Chanwoo’s in the bathroom showering he turns to grin at the leader. “How long do you think it’ll be before Chanwoo will realise that even you aren’t resistant to his aegyo?” He questions with a grin.

 

“Hopefully not soon,” the leader states seriously, “currently it’s the only bargaining tool we have against him. Otherwise he’ll have us all wrapped around his finger and there’s no telling how he’ll manipulate us. It’s crazy how he manipulates some of the others,” they both nod in agreement. The said maknae had just exited the bathroom and was tiptoeeing to his room trying to dodge the line of sight of double b.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” Bobby calls out and tries not to laugh at Chanwoo who straightens his back and looks disappointed in his failed stealth mission. Bobby gestures for the younger to come to him. Chanwoo shuffles to the other obediently albeit making a small whine at the fact that Bobby has stopped him from going to sleep, again. Bobby takes pity on the younger who looks more akin to a zombie than a human at the current moment. He faces drops even more as Bi bids them goodnight and glides to his room. In this moment Chanwoo is seriously considering staring a petition for better treatment of maknaes.

 

“You can’t go to sleep with wet hair, it’s not good for you,” Bobby chides, before pulling the younger to sit on the floor in front of him. He then grabs the towel over the younger’s shoulders using it dry his hair. The younger  only hums in appreciation as he leans his head lower, closing his eyes. When Bobby deems that Chanwoo’s hair is dry enough (he runs his hands through the younger’s strands experimentally to make sure it’s dried; it’s still damp but the younger has nearly fallen asleep in his sitting position so Bobby decides letting the younger finally getting his rest is more important) 

 

Bobby follows Chanwoo into his room making sure that he’s climbed into to bed and ready to sleep. He moves towards the bed and takes in the image of Chanwoo, hair mussed and slighly curly from being wet eyes fluttering close. The maknae looks so peaceful, and young. It suddenly hits Bobby how young Chanwoo is, no matter how much they joke about how he’s a kid their maknae is in reality actually still a kid. An adorable kid at that. He pulls up his covers higher up to his shoulders and ruffles the younger’s hair once more before whispering goodnight and pressing a small kiss to his hair.

 

“‘Night hyung,” Chanwoo mumbles back in response “thanks for always taking care of me and being a great hyung.” Bobby smiles paternally back at the adorable drowsy maknae. 

 

“No problems kid, I’m always here for you,” Bobby grins outpouring of emotion for their youngest.

 

Quietly he creeps out making sure to close the door as quietly as possible before bidding Bi and Yunhyeong goodnight as well. Taking the elevator to his floor he’s pondering, deep in thought and contemplating on discussing with Bi whether they’ll be able to take a break one day. All the members have been looking drained recently. Plus he needed to make sure that their maknae was getting enough sleep. Kids need sleep to grow after all. Bobby’s face turns dark, wait Chanwoo was already the tallest.