Three

Marked By The Beast (Continuing in 2020)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kookie, no, bad dog, calm down or I’ll lock you in the bedroom.” Taehyung’s eyes were wide as he stared down at the angry animal, he didn’t even want to get close, but knew he had to just in case. “He’s not a wolf, stop being so dramatic.”
Kookie growled a bit before sitting and turning his attention back to Taehyung, his snout nosing into his hand as he felt the boys fear rise. That’s the last thing he wanted, he simply wanted the stranger to know exactly where he stood. 
“Are we looking at the same thing? That is definitely a wolf, look at him.” Jimin just stared into the wolves eyes, taking note of their color before exhaling a shaky breath. “You know what? It’s okay Taehyung, he’s just being protective, it will take some time for him to get to know me is all.” Jimin stated as he set the food down on the coffee table, his gaze never leaving the other. 
“I’m sorry, I really didn’t think he would react this way, he’s always so quiet and well behaved.” Taehyung scratched over the animals ears before leading him to the couch. 
Kookie was only happy to follow, he climbed up next to the boy before laying shamelessly across his lap, just eyeing the stranger. Of course by now, he could tell the other was a wolf as well, he knew the moment the car door shut, but what he couldn’t understand, is why he would choose to come into a humans home, to spend time without reason, something the other obviously did often. Wolves usually go out of their way to avoid any and all contact with humans, it was dangerous to be near them for a lengthy period of time, not to mention their normal smell. Kookie had an excuse, at least in his mind he did, and the smell of this human was actually nice. 
It was getting rather late, and Taehyung felt it, he began to yawn loudly every few minutes. They were almost done with the proposal, and he couldn’t be any happier, the only thing left to do was email it in. “I’m going to take a shower, then I’ll call and put in for tomorrow off, just so I can sleep all day.” Taehyung felt comfortable enough with Kookie’s behavior in the last few hours to be able to leave him in the room alone with Jimin, besides, if he sat on that couch any longer, he would be snoring. 
Jimin nods almost absentmindedly before his eyes dart to the green ones, staring directly at him. “Uhm okay, you sure he’s not going to attack me as soon as you walk out?” 
Taehyung laughs at the same time as Kookie snorts, both stopping to look at each other. “I swear, sometimes I think he can actually understand.”
Jimin gives a nervous laugh, his eyes darting between them. “Yeah well, they say animals understand more than we think, so you never know.” Jimin knew Kookie wouldn’t exactly attack him, not without reason, but when a wolf bears green eyes such as those, that’s usually a sign of being feral, and feral wolves were dangerous, unpredictable and down right lethal. 
“You’ll be fine, he’s not growled or anything in hours, I’m sure you’ll be safe.” Taehyung says as he disappeared into the hallway, leaving the two alone, just mere feet apart. 
Both of them stared at each other for a moment, neither even so much as moving, Jimin wasn’t weak by any means, but when faced with a feral wolf, it’s usually smart to stand down, however his curiosity was getting the better of him, he could always leave it be, never say anything at all, but the situation was a bit too odd. “What are you even doing here?”
Kookie blinked, tilting his head before glancing in the direction of the hallway, deeming it safe, he moved a bit closer, sitting next to the other in his human form. “I could ask you the same question. What wolf willingly comes into a humans home?”
Jimin almost jumped off the couch, what appeared next to him was something he definitely wasn’t expecting. Even in human form, he still possessed those green eyes, but it was his lack of clothing that stole his attention. “I...he’s my friend, what? Don’t turn this around on me.” 
Kookie eyed the other for a moment, his brows dipping before turning away, there was no way he was about to confess his reasoning. Every wolf he had ever met, was successful at something, had normal lives with people that cared for them. Kookie didn’t have anything of the sorts, never had, he grew up on the streets, without anyone, never even knowing what it felt like to have more, not until he met Taehyung, but that was soon coming to an end, he was leaving in the morning. “It doesn’t matter, I’ll be gone soon enough, you won’t have to worry.” 
Jimin just watched him, he could instantly tell the other was overwhelmed with emotion, he didn’t understand why, but he just needed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter