One

Marked By The Beast (Continuing in 2020)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung had a habit of waiting until the last minute to do just about anything. It was nearly dark and his list of chores only seemed to expand, he had a decent excuse most days, he worked long hours and came home completely exhausted, which didn’t leave much time or energy to do anything productive. His stomach growled as he opened his door, realizing it was too late to order anything to eat, so he decided he would find something simple to munch on while he attempted to clean up a bit. Taehyung brushed the hair from his face as he opened the fridge, his eyes scanning over its contents before deciding on a square red bowl, grabbing and opening, his nose instantly crinkled, the foul aroma filling his small kitchen, he honestly couldn’t tell what it was actually supposed to be. Yup, he was definitely behind on a lot of things. Grabbing the garbage can, he began sorting the contents of his fridge, tossing out anything that even seemed suspicious, he didn’t even bother to open the other containers and bowls, he just tossed them all to be safe. Taehyung stood back, eyeing the area and deeming it clean enough before closing the fridge and grabbing the garbage can to lift the bag, he wasn’t about to leave that stinking mess rotting in his kitchen until morning. With his appetite now gone, he decided he had done enough for tonight, he would take out the trash, shower and fall into bed, only to start all over again in the morning, however, as Taehyung tossed the garbage bag into its outside bin, he remembered a proposal he was supposed to look over. He groaned, letting his arms fall heavily at his sides as his head angled back, just staring into the sight sky. “It’s always something.” He says to himself before turning to head back inside. 
What Taehyung failed to notice, was while he spoke to himself, he was definitely not alone. Just a few feet away, hidden deep within the brush, a set of bright green eyes followed his every move, took in every detail. They watched as he made his way back inside, not even bothering to lock the door behind him, why would he, it’s not like anyone would try to come in and steal anything, what would they take? 
Taehyung rubbed his forehead as he leaned back against the sofa, the proposal in hand, scanning over the words, but not really retaining anything, he was far too tired to comprehend. He just wanted to close his eyes. “Maybe just a few minutes.” He voice barely audible at this point, sleep was coming whether he liked it or not. 

It was nearly three in the morning when Taehyung‘s back door began to creak open, not only did he leave it unlocked, he didn’t even close it all the way, leaving a crack just wide enough for a dusty grey snout to squeeze through and push the rest of the way open. The animal turned, using its side to firmly shut door, if it was that easy for him to slip through, anyone could do it. Grey paws quietly padded across the floor, a snout in the air, gently sniffing, he was starving, but the only thing he smelled was a lingering foul odor. The animal snorted loudly, dragging his nose on the carpet before stopping to look at the sleeping body that rested against the couch, he didn’t want to wake him, he looked too peaceful. He would gather the food he needed and be on his way, leaving the other to rest, however the longer he gazed at the sleeping boy, the harder it was to look away. He began to slowly approach, taking small, light steps to ensure his silence, he just wanted a closer look. Taehyung’s lips were parted slightly while short and shallow breaths escaped, his eyes closed, but not all the way, leaving just a sliver of white beneath his lids. His long delicate fingers twitched a bit as they rested against his own cheek, keeping his head propped at an angle. His features were astonishing, so delicate yet masculine, a combination so very rare. The animal hovered over him, moving mere inches from his face before inhaling his scent, he knew from this moment on, he would never forget the perfection that laid before him. Normally, wolves couldn’t stand the smell of humans, but this one, there was just something about him. It took everything the animal had to be able to tear himself away, the growing noises in his stomach serving as a reminder of why he was there. With a reluctant low growl, the animal turned, finding its way further into the house, and finally finding the kitchen. 

Taehyung woke suddenly, in that hazed confusion, thinking he had overslept, he charged to his bedroom, gathering his clothing before disappearing into the bathroom and turning the shower on. As he stepped back into the living room, his eyes zeroed in on the clock, it was only 3:38, such a he thought, retracing his steps to put his clothes away, and turn the water off. Taehyung started for the kitchen, coffee, that’s what he needed, then maybe he could focus enough to get through that damn proposal, but as he stepped onto the kitchen tiles, something crunched under his foot, he couldn’t see anything, his house was always kept dark, and he liked it that way, but in times like these, he wished he didn’t like it so much. He reached for the switch, but instantly froze once the kitchen was bright enough. 

Jungkook always seemed to find himself in the worst possible situations, whether it be by his own doing, or just dumb luck. Even as a child, it seemed he had the worst luck, if that’s what you would call being abandoned, left to fend for yourself, to discover and experience what would happen when things got all furry. Jungkook was a wolf, well, some of the time, when he had no work, no money for a place to sleep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter