Berlin, 1927

Moments

Lights. Music. Cabaret. Red lipstick and forbidden couples married by love. Baekhyun was seated in the centre of the busiest nightclub in town, his clothes were loose and damp, he had been dancing moments before but now was sitting with a drink. His shirt was a typical cream button down, the first few buttons undone. His suspenders hung around his legs and his pants were rolled up above the ankle exposing his dark grey socks. It was sweaty enough in the nightclub for the mousse in his hair to disappear and cause his hair to hang like a wet mop. He didn't mind though, he and the night were too young to care.
Baekhyun was waiting for someone, his astute lover; Chanyeol. It was quarter to eleven, at any moment Chanyeol would be there in his tan slacks, stark white shirt with the sleeves rolled up and sleek brown shoes that clicked as he walked. Baekhyun smiled to himself, he was hoping to propose to Chanyeol tonight - of course, they would never marry but live the rest of their years in a civil partnership in seclusion. A downtown apartment in Berlin awaited their love and warmth, masquerading as roommates they would be able to have their deadly rendezvous' in complete and utter safety. 

Baekhyun was grinning at his whiskey when Chanyeol arrived with a drop of his coat on the opposite chair. "Guten abend, handsome," Baekhyun said warmly and Chanyeol chuckled. His hair was in a constant perm, the curls had not yet been assaulted by the dampness of the club and bounced freely on his head. His skin was tanned from the casual labor he had worked in during the week. Chanyeol sat down, ordered a gin and tonic and looked at Baekhyun. His eyes were dark and round but sparkled with such life that Baekhyun felt himself become energized.

"Have you been waiting long?" Chanyeol asked while taking a sip of his drink. Baekhyun shook his head.
"You have never made me wait," He responded, before downing his entire drink. Chanyeol's eyes widened and he smirked. 
"Calm down, grasshopper. We have all night,"
"I want to dance!" Baekhyun said loudly and Chanyeol laughed before also downing his drink. With an outstretched hand, he was pulled up onto the dancefloor. The brassy music accompanied by rich female vocals carried their bodies through the mesh of couples, minglers and soul seekers alike. Their feet twisted and slid across the hardwood floor. Chanyeol would take Baekhyun's hand and spin him, at moments they would rub against each other or fall into each other's arms. Bumping and grinding, they danced until the wee hours of the morning, when Baekhyun decided they should leave. In a drunken stumble, they left the club bidding their deepest thanks and farewells to the staff - being sure to grab their belongings. It was late autumn, the night air was crisp but a warm breeze still enveloped their skin. Walking hand in hand, they found themselves in a park. Not by accident according to Baekhyun's design. It was a clear night, the stars shone their brightest and the moon was at her largest. Pulling Chanyeol to a bench, he sat them both down. Chanyeol gazed into the sky with a soft expression, Baekhyun felt himself melting - was it love or alcohol? Either way, he liked it. After a while, Chanyeol realised that Baekhyun had been watching the whole time.
"You know you can talk right?"
"I know, I just like looking at you," Baekhyun said sheepishly and Chanyeol laughed quietly.
"You're so cute sometimes, Baekhyun," He said softly and Baekhyun felt himself go red, he buried his head into Chanyeol's shoulder. Chanyeol smiled and kissed Baekhyun's head, albeit with some difficulty. They sat in contemplative silence for a moment before Baekhyun took a deep breath. 

"Chanyeol," He began, as he stood up. "There's something I want to ask you,"
"Yes?" Baekhyun's heart was beating a thousand miles a minute, the ring sat in his right pocket and was being rotated by his thumb and forefinger. He steeled himself and lowered himself on one knee, looking at Chanyeol in the eyes. He could see the twinkle in his eyes intensify. 
"I chose this night because on this night, in 1925, we kissed for the first time. On this night in 1925, we embraced our bodies for the first time. One this night in 1926, you told me that you loved me and I looked at the stars and for the first time in my life; I felt complete. I chose this night because of our love and our memories and I wanted to create one more wonderful November 10th for us to remember. Park Chanyeol, would you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" 

He pulled out the ring and presented it to a Chanyeol with tears slowly streaming down his face. Baekhyun had never been more anxious in his life, it was critical this moment. He could say no, he could end the relationship then and there. After a moment Chanyeol broke out a weak laugh. He clasped Baekhyun's hands and took the ring. Sliding it on his finger, he said with a smile "We can't get married, you dummy"
Baekhyun broke into both tears and an astronomical smile, he leaped up to embrace Chanyeol and their lips clashed against each other. Melting into each other, they embraced until the first light of dawn broke.