Sister talk

Different Paths

“Jeon Hyejoo? Your little sister?” Heejin nodded slightly, still holding Hyejoo. Hyejoo was still processing everything, head tilted down. Heejin noticed a sniffle from the girl in front. She slowly pulled away the hand that was holding Hyejoo, slowly, not wanting her to notice it. She wanted to pat her head, saying everything was going to be alright. But, before she could fully pull her hand back, she felt a weight crashing onto her. Hyejoo was now hugging her tightly, sobbing onto the older girl’s clothing.

 

She could hear Hyejoo in between her sobbing and sniffles, it was a bit soft but enough for Heejin to hear.

 

“Why did you come so late, I was so s-scared and lon-lonely” Again, Heejin was reminded of the girl’s story. She raised her free hand and patted the girl’s head, gently.

 

“Let’s go home, Hyejoo” she felt her nod against her chest.

 


 

The girls arrived at the hotel, Heejin was staying at.

 

“When are we going home, unnie?” Hyejoo asked from the edge of the bed. Heejin sat behind Hyejoo and started playing with her hair. Heejin slightly smiled, she could feel that Hyejoo likes her with playing with her hair.

 

“Soon, baby wolf, soon” as she was playing with the hair, she found some ideas of how to style the hair. She wanted to give her a new start, starting from her hair. She thought that a haircut would be too drastic, so styling it was the next best thing. She starts imagining her sister in a few styles. From braided to ponytails. Having too much fun in her own world, she didn’t notice a hand touching hers. The hand guiding her in what seemed to be a pat. She chuckled at the younger ones antics. Making the girl’s wish come true by patting it.

 

“Unnie, why did you call me baby wolf?” she asked Heejin, who finally made up her mind on a hairstyle.

 

“Well, most people think of wolves as a lone creature who travels alone, what they don’t know is that there are some that lives in packs or what they call a family. That’s why I called you baby wolf, because you are loved by your pack, surrounded with people who loves you”. Heejin picked up a mirror and showed her styling to Hyejoo. Her hair was tied in a apple hairstyle. Hyejoo smiled at her new hairstyle. Heejin puts down the mirror and said that it was bedtime.

 

They both lied down on the bed, Hyejoo helds onto Heejin’s fingers under the covers. Closing their eyes, ready for slumber to hit them. Hyejoo mumbled under her breath,

“Is Unnie, part of the pack too?”

 

“Yes baby wolf, always” She lightly kissed her cheeks. They both were in deep sleep soon after.