Only One

Only One
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jyongri and her group of friends were awaiting their turn to perform next for their school's annual talent show. They were performing BoA's Only One as a group of four and had to change it up a bit since they rearrange the part where someone gets carried on the  back of the four guys. Other than that, everything was still the same and so Jyongri happened to end up being the one in charge of the duet dance solo bit with a lucky male performer. They told her it would be more impactful if they asked one of the male students to feature in their performance, but Jyongri felt like they just wanted to torture her during the process.

"Hey, does someone else wanna do the dance instead?" Jyongri asked in an attempt to not have the focus be on her.

"Jyongri, we're not gonna switch spots with you, especially when we're about to perform soon." Minjae stated with a slight glare. "You're the one that wanted to pick our roles from a hat so it's your fault."

"I know and I take it back." Jyongri faked cried while placing her face into her right hand.

"Don't do that." Nayoung scolded as she moved her friend's hand from her face. "Do you know how long it took to put your makeup on?"

"Forever. I know. My bad. Sorry." Jyongri apologized while trying to keep her hands and arms away from her face. "I just hate wearing makeup."

"It's okay, Riri. Once this is over you can take it off." Surin reassured with a smile before chuckling afterwards. "If you can wait until they announced the winners."

"I'm not staying. Once we're done performing I'm totally leaving and chilling at home." Jyongri said with a grin.

Nayoung nudged her with a pointed look.

"You joined just for extra credit didn't you?"

"Obviously."

"Wow, thanks for that, Ri." Minjae replied sarcastically. "Such good vibes you're sending."

"I try."

Just then the quartet were signaled to go on and they gave one last cheer before moving onto the stage. The performance started out well and when it was time for the duet dance, Jyongri inhaled deeply to calm her nerves while watching her friends circle around her before disappearing off to the side. What Jyongri wasn't expecting was to see someone else as her dance partner. She almost broke character as she was about to forget her line, but remembered and kept her cool on the outside. While she did her duet part the other three were talking to one another off stage.

"Um, wasn't she supposed to dance with Jisung?" Surin asked first.

"Yeah she was." Nayoung confirmed. "She and Jisung danced during rehearsal earlier today so I don't get why Hyunjoon's out there dancing with her instead."

"Y'know, she's gonna think we planned this." Minjae said after a moment's thought. "We should have done this from the get-go."

"Yeah, right. She'll totally make us do another song or not participate at all." Nayoung replied as Surin agreed. "True. Alright, let's get this done and over with."

The group came together and soon finished their performance. After bowing in thanks did Jyongri rush off first with the trio not that far behind. Once they were back in the prep did Jyongri turned around to face them.

"How could you guys set me up like that?" She asked in a restrained tone from yelling at them so that the other performers wouldn't overhear. "I almost forgot to sing and dance when I saw him instead of Jisung. What happened to Jisung anyways?"

"Calm down. It wasn't us that did it, but we wished that we did." Nayoung answered her friend's questions. "Also we don't know what happened to Jisung."

"JYONGRI!" A male voiced yelled out her name and the quartet turned their attention to the boy they were just wondering about.

"Han. Ji. Sung." Jyongri enunciated each syllable as Jisung winced upon hearing that.

"Listen to me first." Jisung said once he reached them. "Before you think I wanted to do this, uh no that's not it. Before you think I didn't want to do the performance with you, Hyunjoon bribed me with cheesecake."

"So, you basically chose cheesecake over Jyongri?" Surin asked with a laugh as Jisung nodded.

"Wait, I mean-"

Jyongri cut him off.

"Save it. I don't wanna hear it. You were such a good friend, but too bad. You're just my classmate friend now."

"Oh, c'mon, Jyongri. A classmate friend? Again? Do you know how long it took me for you to say that I was an actual friend?"

Before Jyongri could reply back she heard another voice called out her name and turned to face Hyunjoon himself.

"Um, hi." She greeted the male in an awkwardly shy manner.

"You'll watch me pe

Please log in to read the full chapter