1/1

Can I Tell You Something?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Winter is about to end but there’s still the creeping cold, the dimming of their sight, the snow falling, and the snowy footprints they’ve left off behind.

 

Yujin tilts her head to go watch it, truly a delightful sight.

 

Breathtaking, really.

 

All of that still doesn't compare to Wonyoung, however.

 

It's not like Wonyoung’s even doing anything at the present time. She's just strolling, nose covered in her scarf, a hand tucked into her coat pockets and the other on Yujin’s hold. Hair flowing gracefully, how it dances along with the cool breeze as they walk home together.

 

She looks beautiful as always and it makes Yujin’s heart flutter.

 

It always does when she makes contact with Wonyoung’s soft skin, intertwined fingers to keep each other warm.

 

Rosy pink hue dusts her cheeks.

 

“Can you take bigger steps?” Wonyoung says in the air, tone playful, breaking the silence. She probably noticed the slow-paced walking that makes it seem like the older girl was trying to stretch their remaining time left.

 

Wonyoung’s voice is always soft, but Yujin never fails to hear it. She blinks and peers up questioningly.

 

Wonyoung responds with a giggle. 

 

Yujin sees Wonyoung’s house from afar and she realizes what Wonyoung means. She notices that they were only a few minutes away.

 

“Ah…” She does not take her hand away from Wonyoung’s; instead, she brings the younger girl closer.

 

 

It’s cold and Yujin doesn’t want to go home yet and there’s nothing better than a mug filled with marshmallows and steaming hot chocolate, a warm quilt, and maybe a nice action movie on a cold, snowy night.

 

Well, maybe there’s one more. More time with the love of her life.

 

Her first love. Definitely the last.

 

They’re almost at Wonyoung’s house. Yujin slows down. Wonyoung does, too, as soon as she notices.

 

“Hmm? What’s up?”

 

Yujin watches her for a minute, this young lady she loves such a great amount of, standing against the snow-covered trees.

 

 

 

“Can I tell you something?”

 

 

 

 

 

You’re so beautiful.

 

 

 

 

 

“Of course you can.” Wonyoung’s voice is delicate. Always so because she will always try to reassure Yujin before letting her very own sentiments have the chance to get ahead of her.

 

 

 

 

You’re making me lose my mind.

 

 

 

 

That makes Yujin feel funny, too. Makes her realize all over again, influences her to understand once more, ah, there'll never be any words that are adequate for Jang Wonyoung.

 

 

She has never told the younger girl those three cheesy words that always seemed to be overused by many.

 

But, she’s so sure that Wonyoung feels it already. It isn’t that hard to notice. Because Yujin always makes sure that she shows how much affection she has for Wonyoung.

 

After all, love, more than any other thing in the world, should be easy, obvious, and on display through actions and not just words.

 

The closest she’d ever told Wonyoung is that she appreciates her (“I appreciate you too, more than you could ever imagine,” Wonyoung replies with a look of understanding in her eyes that makes Yujin feel weird and fuzzy all over.)

 

But tonight is not the same as the many evenings they’ve shared together.

 

Yujin wants it to be a different night. A warmer one, against the b cold winter, for the both of them.

 

She wants to tell Wonyoung how much she adores her. Let her know that she loves her. For the first time, to let her heart speak those three little words that will confirm what has been implied all along— that Yujin is definitely in love.

 

In love with Wonyoung.

 

She's glad her other hand is in her pocket, so Wonyoung doesn’t see her clenching it out of dumb nervousness or whatever. Although Wonyoung’s looking at her now, with that very gentle smile of hers that is always a sight to cherish.

 

 

 

 

“I … “

 

 

 

 

 

Do it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I want some of your favorite hot choco.” She says sheepishly, feeling a taint of regret.

 

 

It takes a moment, but Wonyoung inevitably lets out a soft chuckle. Yujin understands; it was random and very unlike Yujin because whenever she invites herself over to Wonyoung’s house, she will always be straightforward about it (“Prepare a space for me, it’s a sleepover”).

 

Yujin averts her gaze anywhere but Wonyoung’s, “I mean … how long has it been since our last sleepover? Can I?” she says, finally reaching the porch of Wonyoung’s house.

 

And there goes Wonyoung’s lovely smile, her eyes that curve into a crescent shape.

 

 

 

“Then let’s warm ourselves up inside.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why is it so hard for Yujin to try and unpack her hesitation?

 

 

 

Love is often felt before it’s said.

 

 

 

But then why didn’t I say it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter