epilogue

the valley between is where it goes(legend of the sun)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Goddess Yong Sun dipped her feet in the lake’s freezing water. Instantly, steam rose. It lent a warmth to the surroundings, enveloping the goddess like a hug. She smiled. Even after a few hundreds of years, her power never ceased to amaze her. She’s a fairly young god. Just 235 years old, a toddler. Maybe, it’s why her father; the Sun God, let her off with a mild punishment. She was to remain a fallen God until her mistress’ death. He was asking her to kill the human she’s linked with. That was basically what he was asking of her to gain her freedom back.


Yong Sun couldn’t do it with her bare hands; but there are so many ways to shoot the moon. Problem was she didn’t want to.

“Sun Hae unnie.” Yong turned to look at the youngest Moon daughter. The child she had known when she first came to the village is a grown woman now. “The Chief wants to see you. You know how patient our Chief is.” Yong Sun knew exactly how patient this Chief was. She accepted the offered hand and they talked about how cold the winter had become as they walked back to the great hall.

“Where have you been?” The Chief barked at Yong Sun the moment she’s within sight. “I had the dogs lead out to look for you.”

The dogs.

Those three fat dogs could barely walk let alone be lead to look for somebody.

“Well, I am here now. What does your heart desire?” She sauntered to the Chief’s side, casually sat down on a chair beside the head of the village.

“I want, or rather, the baby wants some clementines.” The Chief patted her huge tummy, a knowing smile on her lips.

“Such a demanding child.” Yong Sun caressed the bump lovingly. “Fortunately, there are already clementines in the kitchens. Can you believe it? Kyung Hee, please fetch your mistress clementines from the kitchens.”

~~~~~~~

The attendant was puzzled at how the summer fruit, clementines, could be available in winter but stranger things had occurred since their Chief Moon had brought home a strange girl from her travels. The Great Rains had instantly stopped the moment Chief Moon, then barely a child herself had stepped into their village borders.  Silently, she brought the fruits to her Chief. Shaking her head as Her most trusted adviser(the strange girl grew up to be a strange woman) started to peel them for the Chief.

Strange things had occurred. Perhaps the strangest was how the Chief got pregnant when she’s not even betrothed.

~~~~~

Yong Sun’s father had given her a mild punishment for being a fool. A fool who let a human bound a goddess by giving up their life, then sealing the deal with a blood link. Her father was livid when she deepened her bond with her human. She had given her mistress what the heavens consider as an equal to a marriage. She had gifted her the God Seed and the chance to bear Godlings.

Now, Yong Sun will remain fallen as long as the children lives.

~~~~~

“Are you a cat, Yong Sun?” Her father is in a form of a large Stag. She had accepted his invitation to have a talk.

“No.”

“Then, why are you letting yourself be kept like one?” His grunts formed a blanket of fog t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter