I Remember Loving You

I Remember Loving You

A concept just popped out of my mind as I was scrolling to my social media account. I cannot add this to my ongoing crack fic because the story does not fit in haha Though it was very short, hope you'll enjoy this one-shot fic of DoDaeng! (yeah we all need more dodaeng fics, weki meki fics ;-;)

 

"Hey Doyeons!" I walked to where she was currently taking her after-lunch snacks. I slowly sat beside her and wrapped my arms around her shoulders. "What are you eating?"

 

Doyeon tilted her head to look at me and then back to what she's eating. "Oh it's cereals I guess? Made from.." she lifted the package that was placed beside her, turning it around for she was looking on to where or what it was made from cluelessly.

 

So adorable.

 

"From?" I spoke.

 

Doyeon slapped her forehead, I know it wasn't that hard and didn't make her in pain; still looking for it. "From crackers maybe."

 

I chuckled, leaning my hand near her cheek to pinch it softly, "Right. From crackers. Silly."

 

She turned her head to look at me and then she smiled.

 

It's been a while since I saw that smile

The prettiest smile I've ever seen in my whole life

I saw her prettiest smile again

 

I smiled back, but tears are already in the midst of falling down from my eyes.

 

Doyeon furrowed her brows as she saw a tear fell down my cheek. "Why are you crying?" she asked, "Oh my dear, did someone hurt you? Who are they? Who hurt my daeng?"

 

Fck.

 

Daeng has always been my pet name made by her. It is always made by her. Only her.

 

"Doyeon-ah." I called her attention.

 

Her eyes continued looking around the house.

 

"Hey, Doyeon."

 

This time, she stopped and didn't budge.

 

"Kim Doyeon, look at me."

 

She lifted her spoon and started to eat again.

 

"Doyeon."

 

"Kim Doyeon."

 

I reached for her shoulder and turned her to look at me.

 

Doyeon looked straight into my eyes.

 

"Doyeon-ah," I called her name. She furrowed her brows. "Do you remember me?" I added.

 

"I.. I don't." she responded.

 

Doyeon has a dementia. She was already carrying the disease for almost two years now. She caught the disease because of me. I asked her to ride roller blades with me. She was not that skilled yet and I accidentally removed my hand from her, causing her to lose balance and bumped her head on a huge post. We were not wearing helmets or any gears to prevent injuries and it was my fault as well, because I was too excited to ride those stupid blades.

 

It was all my fault.

 

I am mad at myself and I will not forgive myself because of what happened to Doyeon. She is my best friend. I love her more than myself. Really.

 

I am fcking mad at myself. For real. If I was not being a sh*t at that time, this would never happen to Doyeon.

 

Her parents are mad at me. They have the right to be. But still, I owe them my life for allowing me to take care of Doyeon, for still trusting me.

 

I live with Doyeon together with her parents ever since she got into that accident I made. I stopped going to school too and my eyes never left Doyeon.

 

What if I didn't removed my hand from her?

What if I listened to her when she insisted that we should wear support gears?

What if I didn't even asked her to ride it with me?

What if those roller blades didn't even exist?

What ifㅡ

 

"I don't totally remember you, but I remember you giving me the happiness I needed." Doyeon said, "I remember loving you." she added. (she's such an ideal fanfic character)

 

I couldn't take it anymore. I bursted into tears.

 

"Kim Doyeon." I pulled her in a tight hug.

 

She hugged me back, tapping my back softly. "It's okay, I'll buy you a lollipop later, kid. Don't cry now. I don't want to see you crying."

 

My heart ached.

 

I just buried my face on her neck and continued crying, tightening my hug on her.

 

Shooooong~! Thank you for reading this! And please excuse my grammars, sorry. Hehe