002

The Deep Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: Introducing Heechul

It had started as a nightmare.

Well, not in a literal sense, but the fact that the three of them had been crammed into a small two bedroom apartment wasn't exactly the dream life. His kids were becoming irritable and were developing attitudes because they actually had to share a bedroom. Granted, it was probably the smallest bedroom known the man and he couldn’t exactly blame them. But between the constant arguments and not being able to find their things, Heechul was beginning to seriously regret the decision to renovate his house during the school year.

I should have waited until next summer and shipped them to camp, Heechul thought to himself, searching his closet for his favorite shirt. He had just been so excited to start the renovation that he didn’t think about the fact that the kids were high energy maniacs that needed space to run around and act like teenage boys.

All of a sudden the door to the boys room burst open and fifteen year old Mir came stomping over to him with a wild and angry expression on his face.

“Mama, I can't find my history book and Donghae hid it!” Mir exclaimed loudly, pointing back accusingly at his older brother who merely rolled his eyes in response. “If I don’t bring it to class I'm going to get detention!”

Heechul abandoned the search for his shirt and faced his son with a stern expression on his face and put his hands on his hips. “I specifically told you not to bring your books home until we finished unpacking. If its lost then that’s your own fault and you'll just have to deal with detention."

He glanced across the hall into the boy's room, not even bothering to mention that it was a complete disaster and he could understand why the book was missing.

“I didn’t lose it, Donghae hid it,” Mir retorted, turning around to give his brother the middle finger when be laughed at him. “See? If I get detention one more time then I have to spend a week in in-school suspension which means I can’t do soccer practice, which is exactly what Donghae wants!”

“Oh, what do I care if you sit out during practice?” Donghae scoffed, heading into the kitchen.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter