001

The Deep Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: Introducing Kibum

He had never been the sort of person that would go out partying. There had never been any interest in drinking or using recreational drugs for fun. He was a simple person that found pleasure in books or watching a good movie. He enjoyed spending time with his friends and be didn't have an irrational hatred of his family. In fact, sixteen year old Kibum liked to think of himself as a perfectly normal and model teenager that most parents would dream of raising.

At least, that's what he used to think before his younger sister had accidentally drowned in the family pool during a time in which he was supposed to be watching her. Things had changed since then, and none for the best. The once good-natured boy had been corrupted by the harsh realities of life and had fallen into the pit of despair and darkness. No parent would want the sort of person he'd turned into as a son; not even his own.

“Kibum, you're late again!”

The shrill voice rang through his ears as he walked into his third period class and he winced; his head was absolutely throbbing. He'd come to school still hungover and the only reason he was late to class was  because he had been smoking pot outside by the dumpsters in an attempt to get rid of the horrendous headache he had.

“Oh, no,” The teacher exclaimed loudly, marching over to where he had moved to sit at his desk. “Get out of my classroom and don't come back until you have a note from the office. In fact, don't come back until you're clean and sober! This is absolutely unacceptable, coming to class reeking of and alcohol. You're lucky I don’t report you to the police. Now, get!”

Kibum stumbled into the hallway his teacher threw him out, slamming the door behind. He blinked tiredly and glanced back, hearing the voices on the other side of the door talk about what a nuisance he was and what was the point of him being there. He asked himself the same question every single day but had yet to figure out the answer.

He swallowed thickly and ran his fingers through his dark colored hair, deciding that he would just head home for the day instead of go to the office. There was no point; the secretary would only chew him out and the principal would just threaten to contact his parents. The thought of his parents actually coming up to the school made him want to laugh, but there really was nothing funny about it.

His family didn’t live far from the school and he arrived home in no time, coming home to an empty h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter