New/Former Doctor

Sooyoung's New Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung reached the address that Jessica’s texted her earlier and she was quite shocked to see that it was a hotel. “Hmm..” Sooyoung doubled checked on the address again. Just to make sure whether it was correct or not and yes it was really the address of a hotel. She parked her car and then walked towards the lobby. She got there 15 minutes early. Of course she didn’t want to be late.

Jessica came down to the lobby 10 minutes later and Sooyoung immediately had a smile on her face the moment she saw the doctor. She was wearing black jeans and a plaid collared shirt. She looked so casual compared to earlier this evening. She had her hair being let down and Sooyoung loved it even more.

“Hi Sooyoung.” Jessica smiled.

“Nice place you got here.” Sooyoung smiled back. “I know.” Jessica chuckled before the both of them walked out of the hotel and headed towards the car. Sooyoung opened the door for the woman. “Here you go.” Sooyoung said.

“Thank you.” Jessica smiled as she held Sooyoung’s arm before she went inside the car. Sooyoung just loved all these small gestures the woman was doing to her. Maybe that’s her way of flirting, who knows.

“Anyways, how long have you been staying here?” Sooyoung asked before she drove the car away.

“Do you really think I’d be living in a hotel room?” Jessica asked back as she took a few glances towards the woman.

“Hmm I don’t know.” Sooyoung responded innocently.

“Of course I don’t Sooyoung. My mum is in town. So I’ll be staying with her for a few days here.”

“Oh she’s not always in town?” Sooyoung asked again.

“No. She lives in Melbourne with her new husband.” Jessica said. Sooyoung could sense a weird tone in her voice. But she didn’t dare to ask further on that. “Oh okay.” Sooyoung nodded her head. 

“So Choi Sooyoung, what do you do for a living?” It was Jessica’s turn to ask.

 “I work for a magazine.” Sooyoung revealed. “Interesting. What kind of magazine?” Jessica asked again.

“Have you heard of National Geographic Traveller?” Sooyoung asked before she made a turn on a junction that led straight to the restaurant.

“Don’t tell me you travel for a living?” Jessica asked in surprise as she turned to look at the woman. Well of course she knew the magazine, everyone knew the magazine. Sooyoung just smiled seeing Jessica’s response. “What if I say yes?” Sooyoung smiled.

“If yes, then that is just awesome. You literally have the coolest job, hands down.” Jessica said. She was amazed and definitely didn’t expect to hear it.

They reached the restaurant a minute later and both of them made their way inside the restaurant. Sooyoung wanted to hold the woman’s hand so badly but she didn’t want Jessica to see her as a creep or anything.

“Have you eaten here before?” Sooyoung asked as they were seated in front of each other. “I don’t think so. I don’t even know the existence of this place.” Jessica looked around the place. It was a cozy Mexican place. “I know right. This place is a gem.” Sooyoung smiled.

“How did you find out about this place?” Jessica asked.

“Oh a friend of mine reviewed this place two weeks ago and I’ve been coming here ever since.” Sooyoung smiled. Since Sooyoung had been practically eating there almost every day, Jessica gave her the honor of ordering the food that night.

Sooyoung took out her phone and there was an email from work that she needed to reply straightaway. “I’m so sorry. Can you give me 1 minute and 30 seconds to respond to this email?” Sooyoung asked innocently.

“Go ahead Sooyoung.” Jessica smiled. Then she just looked at the woman in front of her typing on her phone weirdly without using her thumb. She was using her other four fingers on her right hand. Instantly, Jessica felt sorry for her because she knew how painful it was for someone who’s suffering from the De Quervain syndrome. It could be clearly seen that the thumb side of her wrist was swelling and the skin around the area was reddish.

“Alright done!” Sooyoung said excitedly and she put her phone aside. She wanted to focus on this beautiful woman in front of her.

“Sooyoung, can I see your hand?” Jessica wanted to see the thumb closely again. Sooyoung obeyed the woman. “You need surgery.” Jessica said softly. “This is already a tendon sheath inflammation. If this is untreated, it will be permenant.” Jessica said worriedly as she gently held the thumb.

“You are not even my doctor anymore.” Sooyoung released her hand from Jessica.

“I know but you are making me feel guilty. I’m an orthopedics, you can’t expect me to ignore the fact that you are in pain right now.” She responded.

“Can we not talk about this? You are my date and I need you to act like one please..” Sooyoung frowned. She just wanted to get to know her and made a good impression so she could score a second date with her.

“I’m sorry.” Jessica mumbled. “But please do me a favor, at least wear a wrist splint. It won’t lesser the pain but the movement will be a bit better.” Jessica said softly. “Okay, I will.” Sooyoung nodded. Then, they went on an awkward silent for a few minutes with nothing to talk about before the food came. Sooyoung ordered a variety of tacos and taquitos, a plate of chimichanga, and a big bowl of ceaser salad.

“You ordered all this?” Jessica was surprised to see there was a lot of food and it filled the whole table. “I know, I couldn’t help it.” Sooyoung smiled. Jessica was a bit relieved to see the smile. Of course she didn’t want to make the woman upset. So she decided not to talk about the thumb anymore although deep down inside she was terribly concerned.

“Oh Sooyoung, this is really good.” Jessica said after she took a first bite of the fish taco.

“I know!” Sooyoung replied excitedly. “I’ve been searching for a good Mexican place around Seoul for ages..” Jessica said before she took another bit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter