[ final 2 ]

[ Friend Label ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ A/N head's up! I didn't edit this one either lol I'll do it later. I actually lost inspiration on this one but I tried my best. still don't get your hopes up :D ]

[ Friend Label 2 ]

Irene unnie is very beautiful. If Wendy has to describe the older girl  in one word, that would be it.

 

Okay, you might think “Pfft. Lame. As if we didn’t hear that before.” but then in all honesty, there’s a lack of words to describe her. That was the closest second. Don’t judge Wendy.

And no, she wasn’t beautiful just because she was blessed with goddamn good looks. She’s beautiful inside, outside and in everything she does. Sometimes, she’d have those flaws that was quite charming either ways. Irene Bae is someone who will surprise you in any way possible and Wendy, for once, was the whole witness of that.

Irene is that admiring unnie she had since she was a little girl. She’s Wendy’s role model and someone she really look up upon.

Now looking back, Wendy wondered when it all changed.

 

- - - - - -

Wendy was in middle school when she started seeing Irene quite differently. She even remembered it quite well. It was another normal school day. She excelled, as usual, in their math quiz. She also scored a three-point shot during PhysEd. What got Wendy lost that day was the gossip at school on how some girls have the hugest crush on her best friend who was a high school student at that time.

Wendy didn’t understand why it bugged her too much. But Irene is her unnie. And isn’t it only right to be wary about people liking her best friend-slash-unnie?

 

“Wendy, careful!”

A yelp of pain left Wendy’s lips as the shards of broken glass cut through her fingers in the kitchen. She stayed on her place, lost and quite unsure of what to do. The stinging pain on her finger was not subsiding but being clueless as she always is when it comes to injuries, Irene walks over carefully to help her.

“I told you not to touch the glass, you idiot!” Irene huffed, successfully guiding Wendy to the sink without any more damage.

“But it was I who made the mistake. I dropped it. Shouldn’t I clean it up, unnie?” The middle schooler calmly asked her unnie, staring at the older girl who was fussing about her cut. The gnash was quite deep, that Wendy almost squinted at the sight of it.

“I don’t like you getting hurt. Next time if you broke something and needed to clean it, call me.” Irene stared at her with a serious face that seemed like she needed to poop. Cute, Wendy thought at that time.

“Unnie, I’m a grown up now. I don’t need you to keep looking after my mess, hmmm?”

That got Irene pouting, “But you will always be my best friend~ and my baby~”

A laugh escaped Wendy’s lips. Slowly, she inched forward and enveloped her older best friend into a hug. “Thank you unnie… for always taking care of me.”

She felt the older girl hugging her back. “Of course. Anything for you~”

Maybe Wendy fell for her unnie with how caring she was, despite the latter being a total klutz as well.

- - - - -

Sometimes, Irene leaves Wendy surprised. You know that whole mouth dropping with a fly almost getting in your mouth except that it doesn’t because it wasn’t too late when you realized that. Yeah, that type of surprised.  Because Irene’s unpredictable all the time. Because even if the latter was the older girl, she’s someone who still needs somebody else looking after her.

Because…

“… you’re one heck of a disaster. Did no one ever told you that before, unnie?” Wendy let those words leave her lips, disbelief totally painting her whole face at that moment.

In front of her was her kitchen, well… it used to be. Now it just looks like a pigsty.

Irene popped up behind the counter with the biggest grin on her face. Frosting was still dripping from her hair and flour all over her body.

“Thanks, Wendy! I’ll take that as a compliment! You’ve met some wonderful disasters huh!”

Her optimism too, Wendy notes. It’s something I totally adore about her.

Shaking her head lightly, she helped the older girl tidying up the kitchen before finally taking over the kitchen.

“That’s not how you’re supposed to cook that recipe, Irene unnie. Come here, I’ll help you.”

 Irene is also totally hopeless when it comes to the kitchen but it amazes Wendy how the latter still tries and tries. Besides, the older girl would always cook for her despite it being simple eggs and bacon or something hard like a cake. That always makes up for the mess she makes by tenfold.

- - - - - - - -

Sometimes, Irene was just a ray of sunshine that brightens up Wendy’s day.

 

 “TADAAAAAH! I built you a fort, Wendy! Because I know you always wanted it!” Irene surprised her that day after going home from high school. Irene was already in college by then, and she was rarely home that they talk less and less as days passed by. In fact, Wendy was sad about that lately. It was the first time that she was too far away with her best friend and no amount of video calls could make up for that.

That’s why when Irene surprised her that afternoon, it felt like every part of her was combusting. It was like a firework, that Wendy was afraid. If the moment ends, what would’ve happened.

Her thoughts were quickly washed away when the older girl stepped forward until they were a few steps apart. The latter had a gentle smile on her lips, her hands on her back.

“I missed you…” Irene mumbled sweetly, slowly spreading her arms wide to ask for a hug.

Of course, Wendy didn’t waste any more time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter