SIGNAL ONE: THE STORY BEGINS- SON CHAEYOUNG

SIGNAL: A Twice Fan Fiction

Son Chaeyoung, born on April 23, 1999 is an aspiring artist and musician. She has eyes that sparkle like the moonlight in the ocean, short, but athletic stature, jet black, shoulder length hair, a dimple on her right cheek, and a mole by the left side of her lower lip that complements her smile. Aside from her appearance, she is an average student, a loving daughter and sister, a great friend, and excels in almost everything she sets her eyes on.
 

It was winter of 2013. Chaeyoung was on a vacation with her family when she went out in the mountains of Jeju island, admiring the landscape in the middle of the night when a blinding light from the sky suddenly appeared.

 

"Ahh, so beautiful" she muttered to herself while staring directly at the light. All of a sudden, the strength in her body vanished, and she lost consciousness. 

 

She woke up the next day and as soon as she opened her eyes, she saw her mother, and brother staring at her as if they were waiting for her to wake up.

 

"Yah~ Son Chaeyoung! What were you doing out in the middle of the night? We were so worried about you! It's a good thing your brother knows where you went, otherwise you would have died up there in the cold!" Mrs. Son yelled as she hit Chaeyoung in the back of her head.

 

"Ah! Eomma! That hurts!" she whined. 

"I don't even remember what happened last night! All I know is that I was out for a sketch and all of a sudden a bright light appeared from the sky!" She added.

 

"Noona. That was three days ago. You were sleeping the whole time." her brother softly said.

 

"What did you say?" said Chaeyoung while trying to gather her thoughts.

 

"We took you to the hospital after your brother carried you back to the hotel when he found you at the mountain. We tried waking you up but it was just impossible. The doctor said that your brain showed signs of a mild seizure, but other than that there was nothing wrong. She said that it probably was triggered by exhaustion. So from now on, please stop hiking by yourself at night. Arrasseo?" said Mrs. Son.

 

Silence flooded her room. It was clear that both her mom and her brother were extremely worried.

 

"Ya~ Chaeyoungie. Come outside and eat. We'll go to the hospital again after." said Mrs. Son while patting Chaeyoung's head.

 

Chaeyoung and her family went to the hospital as planned, and she was discharged and was told not to worry, and not to push herself too hard.

 

"Eomma, Jeong-hoon, sorry for ruining our vacation." said Chaeyoung.

 

When they got home, Chaeyoung immediately locked herself in her room. She was trying to remember what happened the night she passed out. 

 

"Ah jinjja!" out of frustration over not remembering, she threw her favorite penguin plush, Nari, across the room.

 

Her eyes widened. wide open. 

Nari did not hit the floor.

It was suspended in the air.

 

She stared at it for what seemed like a very long time. She finally snapped out of it, and Nari fell on the floor.