Rehearsal

A Complicated Thing Called Love

Confusion. Yes, that's what I felt when someone out of nowhere started talking to me on twitter, the acc just slid into my dms, with a cheerful hi and I love your acc. It was weird, although cute, that someone was saying that they loved my account and my tweets even if most of the content of my tweets were about heartbreak and loneliness, sometimes, about being hungry but that's it.  

I was caught off guard too and the user freaked out when I texted them back. I repeat, kinda weird but kinda cute too. 

Now that I think about it, the way that we started talking was weird and such on an impulse. Like she wasn't really expecting my reply and when I did do reply she just freaked out and was left a panicked mess. 

I frowned. Funny, you see, I'm in love with someone who I haven't even seen. I know it's confusing but let me explain, I subsconsciously fell for the way that she texted. Dare I say it, I fell for her words. A stupid move, I know but honestly I couldn't control it. 

"Penny for your thoughts?" Someone asked and I snapped out of my overthinking. I turned to look at my best friend, who was flashing a big smile while wiggling her eyebrows. 

I made a disgusted expression and layed lazily on the desk. 

"I breathed," my best friend exclaimed as she noticed the disgusted expression I made when I looked at her. 

She was weird, we were mutuals on twitter and she had gotten stuck all the twitter sayings? Honestly, I don't know what do they mean, but I think you got my idea. 

"Someone especial on your mind?" I turned to face her only to glare at her, she smirked. It was getting annoying. She knows perfectly on who I was thinking about. 

"Oh by the way, we have rehearsal as in right now," she said looking at her handwirst clock. "Move your lazy  self and let's go, we are starting a new choreo." 

I groaned and placed my forehead on the desk. Although, my love for dancing grew a lot recently, I didn't want to dance today. I was feeling extremely lazy since I didn't sleep much yesterday and no it wasn't because we were talking, it was because of an assingment. 

"Do we really need to go?" I asked with a hint of whine on my voice, I saw from the corner of my eye that she was changing to a more comfortable clothes. 

"Yes. They say that we're starting a new choreo, it has latino music mixed in it," she said as she tied up her shoelace. It took me half a minute to get what she said and when I did I got up excitedly. 

"Oh God. You aren't kidding right?" I asked, as I got my things so I can change and get ready. She raised an eyebrow at my reaction but then smiled in the end. 

"Nope, I'm not." 

I hurriedly changed into a black sports short and a black t-shirt and I hauled my best friend out of the class. 

It may sound confusing now that I think about it, but my school has this activity in which we dance. The show main character are the seniors (me) and the other grades appear as secondary characters. Tragic, I know, but they still get to dance. 

My school is also an all girls school hence as to why when we arrived at the stage, I saw most of my classmates staring hungrily at out choreographer. 

I rolled my eyes but the isntructor seemed to catch my face because he smiled at me. The girls behind me swooned. Ew. 

Okay I'm gonna admitt. He's cute and all but he isn't that hot and delicious like my classmates described him. He moves smoothly too so I think that's a plus but, nope he isn't my type. I'm more into impulsive-kind-hearted-type-that-I-haven't-seen-a-picture-of-girl. 

I got onto the stage and the guy began the class. He, as usual, placed me in front. Although, I didn't knew how to dance but I was still placed on front of people. After he finished putting postions, we begun the class.

For about 30 minutes, we danced without stopping. I was sweating like crazy and I didn't want to put my hair on a bun cause I feel like I look ugly. 

We were interrupted when a choreographer and one of the grades below us entered the room, asking our choreographer if they could practice on the stage for a while. He nodded and he told us to take a break. 

I looked around the girls who were going up the stage as I was going down, and that's when our eyes met. Her eyes, were intense. Like her stare was so intimidating that I felt like I was being analyzed. I don't know what she has on her glance that makes me want to get to know her better. 

We ignored each other as we passed near. It was weird, I took a notice on her when I saw her watching me and then when our eyes met, her neck went like a whiplash and she stared at the wall next to her. I, on the other hand, was left confused and I wanted to laugh. Since then, she existed on my eyes. 

Don't get me wrong. Like I love her but this girl just, I think she isn't real. 

Anyways, I went down and sat on one of the chairs, up front so I could see the performance better. The music started playing and her demanour changed. 

She was so intimidating before but now, when she started to dance, she gave herself completely to the music. I couldn't take my eyes off from her, she was purely amazing. She moved with so much grace and agility and elegance, I was left with my jaw on the ing floor each time I had the opportunity to see her dance. 

Before I knew it, the part of the choreography they had ended and she was getting off from stage. 

"Wait. What?" I asked, it came off too loud since the choreographer and her turned to look at me, I felt my face grow hot. 

And I didn't want to see her but I knew, with the corner of my eye, I saw that she smirked. 

"Yes it's our turn. Then, they're gonna dance again," the choreographer explained and I was left with the mouth agape. I wasn't anywhere near prepared and the dance was too sensual and I was in front. 

She would be looking at me. . 

The music started playing and I closed my eyes, I needed to calm myself. I head faintly the guy counting and when it was the cue, I opened my eyes and started dancing to the rythm of the music. 

And just like it started, it ended. I looked at the crowd and she wasn't there. That's sad.

I shook my head. Why would I care though?

I climbed off stage and went towards my bag. Grabbed my phone and saw a message from her. I automatically smiled and I felt a swarm of butterflies on my stomach. 

Her: How are you doing? I hope you're doing good. 

I smiled, well I'm doing even more great once I got a message from you. 

I was about to answer when I recieved another message. 

Her: Btw, I need to confess you something. I know who you are, like I know you irl and let me just tell you, you're so ethereal. Wow. 

I felt like my soul just got out of my chest. SHE SAID WHAT?????

Me: Are you sure you know me irl? 

That was the only coherent answer I could manage to text her back. I looked up, just to see that the dancer was smirking before starting the choreography, I was captured by her movements once again but then I shook my head and was brought back to reality. I turned to look down to my phone, just to see her answer. 

Her: Yes

, what. 

_____________________________________________

HI 

Okay so what do you think about this?? Confusing??? I know. I know which pairing I'm gonna use so owo wait for it, it's something I haven't done before. Although I think I just spoiled one of the characters, if someone who guess it right then I'm gonnna give them a surprise.

GUYS YOU KNOW THAT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE FEEDBACK SO PLEASE YOUR COMMENTS ARE DEEPLY APPRECIATED.

And, things are gonna be different. See you next update. 

I love y'all 

-Lu