i love you.

Opposites

Hyewon and Minjoo got along well, their couple rings still sat snuggly on their fingers even after a year together. 

"Hey Minnie, let's go down town." Hyewon snuck her arms around Minjoo's waist, surprising Minjoo from behind.  

"But I'm tired, can't we go another time?" Minjoo whined, leaning into Hyewon's hug. 

Hyewon pouted,

"Please?" Hyewon begged, grazing her fangs on Minjoo's neck. Causing Minjoo to squirm in Hyewon's touch.

"Okay okay, you can stop." Minjoo gave in which made Hyewon stop. 

"Yay! Let's go!" Hyewon grabbed Minjoo's hand, using her dark leathery wings to fly. Minjoo stretched her own wings and flew with Hyewon. 

The two of them soared in the sky harmoniously, hand in hand. They laugh and have fun together in the air, living in their own little fun world. 

They both soon arrived down town and landed in front of a wishing fountain. The area was already hustling and bustling with angels and demons. Hyewon took out a quarter she had in her pocket. 

"Wanna make a wish?" Hyewon gave Minjoo the coin. 

"Let's make one together." Minjoo took Hyewon's hand, clasping their hands together with the coin in between.

They closed their eyes and made a wish silently, then threw the coin into the fountain filled with wishes and money

"What did you wish for?" Minjoo asked Hyewon with curiosity. 

"I wished that Minjoo will love me forever." Hyewon proudly announces, showing off a smile. Her adorable fangs Minjoo greatly loves and adores in display. 

Minjoo chuckled and blushes at the silly wish, her stomach filled with butterflies at Hyewon's sweet words.

Minjoo places a soft peck on Hyewon's lips,

"Is that enough to show that I'll love you forever?" Minjoo asks with a wide smile on her face. 

Hyewon places her hand on her chin, pretending to think about it. 

"Maybe one more." Hyewon pouts her lips, already expecting another kiss from Minjoo. Minjoo gladly places another kiss on Hyewon's plump lips, the kiss lasted a little longer than the other one. 

It was sweet and passionate, they both couldn't help but smile into the kiss. The two of them seperate and hugs, both hearts thumping and stomachs filled with butterflies and love. 

"I love you so much, Minnie." Hyewon sincerly says, giving Minjoo eskimo kisses. 

Minjoo laughs, she felt so much love and happiness from Hyewon. 

"I love you too, you dork." Minjoo tightens her hug, a smile still plastered on her face. 

Hyewon pulls out of the embrace, and interlaces hers and Minjoo's hand together. They walked side by side, window shopping and looking at posters. One specific poster catches Minjoo's eyes. 

JOIN THE ACADEMY!                                                           Only top angels and demons are accepted!                    Entrance exam on Friday 22nd of February.                      Join now and have a chance of being chosen by the authorities! 

Minjoo stares at the poster, contemplating about joining the academy. The academy was very well-known among the community, they specialise in training angelic and demonic powers respectively. 

Ordinary training schools that every demon and angel attends only touch the surface of their powers, if angels and demons would like to become higher in rank. They'd have to train in the academy, authorities will only choose 1 angel and 1 demon to join them.

It was Minjoo's dream to be accepted, but the thought of leaving Hyewon behind would affect her deeply. 

"You want to join?" Hyewon interrupts Minjoo's thoughts.

Minjoo turned to face Hyewon, not sure if she should even try. Minjoo nods to Hyewon's question, she decided that she wanted to at least try. 

"Are you okay with that?" Minjoo asks Hyewon.

Hyewon was silent for a moment, not sure how to respond. She wanted Minjoo to choose what she wanted but knowing how they'd get seperated if she does get accepted saddens Hyewon. 

"If that's what you want, I'm okay with it." Hyewon smiles, Minjoo's happiness was her top priority. 

Minjoo was ecstatic that Hyewon was so understanding and hugged Hyewon tightly. 

"Thank you." 

.

Kim Minjoo stares at her textbooks intensely. She was immersed in studying for the upcoming entrance exam.

Hyewon had no interest in attending the academy, leaving Minjoo to study like a workaholic. Although Hyewon tried to be as understanding as possible. Hyewon felt neglected by Minjoo, she felt extremely lonely without her angel giving her attention. It was Hyewon's fear that Minjoo would actually get accepted. Their invisible chain will be broken and Hyewon would be assigned with another angel. Hyewon had grown attached to the shy and adorable angel, having Minjoo to leave her would scar her forever. Seeing Minjoo skipping her meals and sleep to study made Hyewon concerned about Minjoo.

"Minnie, as much as you want to get in. You really should take a break." Hyewon frowned, Minjoo looked exhausted. She kept pulling all nighters to study for the exam. 

Minjoo only hummed as a response and kept on reading her textbooks. Hyewon sighed, she was extremely frustrated with how she's been neglecting her health and her own demon. Hyewon took away Minjoo's textbook which caused Minjoo to snap at Hyewon with annoyance. 

"Hey! I was studying!" Minjoo says with annoyance lacing her words. 

"You need to rest, Minjoo." Hyewon complains. 

"This exam is important Hyewon and you know that! Just give me back my book." Minjoo stands up from her seat, ready to snatch her book away from Hyewon. 

Hyewon scoffs, Minjoo was being ridiculous. 

"Minjoo you really need to rest!" Hyewon shouts in frustration. 

"It doesn't matter, stop being selfish and give it back!" Minjoo shouts right back. 

Hyewon sighs in anger and throws the book on Minjoo's desk and left Minjoo alone. Hyewon flies out of the house, looking around to find a place to blow off some steam. Before she could even fly even further, the invisible chain strapped around her foot had stopped her. 

"Ugh, stupid chain." Hyewon mutters to herself. 

Hyewon looked up, she could see the millions of stars glistening in the night's sky. 

Hyewon sighs, she truly wanted the best for Minjoo but seeing Minjoo in such a terrible state breaks her heart. Minjoo's eyebags looked thicker than a loaf of bread, her wings don't look as vibrant and healthy like before, the amount of coffee she's consuming is definitely unhealthy. 

Hyewon wasn't sure what to do. She didn't want to argue with Minjoo and cause them to be distant with each other. Hyewon flies back anyway, hoping that one last try she could make Minjoo have a good night's sleep.

"I'm sorry I shouted at you." Hyewon hugs Minjoo from behind, resting her chin on Minjoo's head. 

Minjoo said nothing, still staring at her textbook and not budging at all. 

"I just really want you to sleep and eat, I know how much you want to get in but sweetheart I don't like seeing you like this." Hyewon says with concern. 

Minjoo finally closes her book, turning around to face Hyewon. Minjoo buries her face into Hyewon's tummy. 

"I'm sorry I neglected you." Minjoo apologises. 

Hyewon smiles, patting her her lovingly. 

"Let's go to bed." Hyewon picks up Minjoo from her chair, bringing her to their shared bed and tucking both herself and Minjoo to bed. 

The two of them cuddled together the whole night, their legs tangled together as they slept peacefully.

.

It was the day of the entrance exam, 22nd of February. Minjoo stops in front of the hall's entrance, afriad of what's to come. Hyewon walks up to Minjoo who was frozen in place. 

"Minnie, you're going to do so well. Don't be nervous." Hyewon take Minjoo's hand in hers, using her thumb and rubbing circles to comfort Minjoo.

Minjoo sighs, Hyewon's words of encouragement helped her a little. 

"I'm going in." Minjoo nervously announces. 

"Do your best." Hyewon places a quick kiss on Minjoo's forehead before letting Minjoo enter the hall. 

With Hyewon's words and kiss, Minjoo walks in with more confidence. She took her seat and waited patiently, she looked around and saw demons amd angels seated. She also saw a couple familiar faces, Chaewon and Hitomi were present. They were diligent students and Minjoo was certain they will both be accepted.

The two angels and demons that were in charge distributed the papers and announced they could start writing. 

Minjoo immediately picked up her pen and started scribbling her answers down on the piece of paper, she struggled with a couple questions but other than that the exam went smoothly. 

Minjoo left the hall with a smile, she felt satisfied with her work. She was uncertain if she could get accepted but felt pretty confident. Minjoo found Hyewon waiting for her right outside, she looked pretty nervous but the moment Hyewon saw Minjoo's smiling face, her eyes brightened up immediately.  

"How was it?" Hyewon asks Minjoo excitedly. 

"It went pretty well." Minjoo replies with a smile. 

"I knew my Minjoo would do great." Hyewon pulled Minjoo in an embrace, taking the both of them up to the air with her wings. 

Hyewon twirls in the air with Minjoo im her arms, Minjoo laughs as she felt the breeze on her skin. Minjoo herself spreads her own wings, interlacing her hands in Hyewon's. Minjoo could feel Hyewon ring on her finger, she couldn't  help but touch the carving of her name on the ring. Hyewon beamed at Minjoo, they were so happy together it was heart warming. 

They flew home together with happy smiles and treated themselves with cake and ice cream. It was a perfect night for the couple.

.

A week has passed since the day of the entrance exam, Minjoo finds a letter in their mailbox, it was for her. Minjoo opens the letter to reveal that she was accepted into the academy. Minjoo was absolutely euphoric, she immediately ran back in and informed Hyewon about it. 

"I got in!" Minjoo exclaims.

"What?" Hyewon was half awake was perplexed about what Minjoo was saying.

"I got accepted!" Minjoo announces once again.

Hyewon instantly stood up the moment she realises what Minjoo meant.

"That's amazing!" Hyewon jumps onto Minjoo, hugging her with all her might.

They both laugh with joy, Hyewon felt immense pride with the exciting news but sadly it didn't last long. 

"Are you really okay with me leaving?" Minjoo asks with a frown, she was concerned about Hyewon.

Hyewon shows a sad smile,

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." Hyewon leaves a small kiss on Minjoo's cheek to reassure her. 

Minjoo looks down at the letter, she stares at it with Hyewon in her mind. The thought of someone else being paired up with Hyewon suddenly angers and saddens her. Minjoo decides that Hyewon was what she wanted, she wanted to be with her. 

Minjoo rips apart the letter in pieces, shocking Hyewon with the sudden action. Hyewon looks at Minjoo with wide eyes, not believing what Minjoo just did. 

"Wha- why did you- what?" Hyewon asks out of confusion. 

"I don't want to go to the academy." Minjoo says with a smile. 

"But it's your dream? Why would you-" Minjoo cuts Hyewon off with a kiss, surprising Hyewon again. 

Hyewon slowly closes her eyes, melting into the kiss. It was filled with love and passion. Minjoo pulls away from Hyewon, Hyewon's strawberry chapstick still lingering on Minjoo's lips. 

"Because I want to be with you." Minjoo beams at Hyewon, her arms draped around Hyewon's shoulders. 

Hyewon was frozen until she finally uttered out, 

"I'm glad." Hyewon says before closing the gap between them. 

They both run out of breath and eventually seperated. 

"I love you Hyewonnie." Minjoo wholeheartedly says. 

"I love you too." Hyewon says with the same amount of sincerity. 

 

.

a/n: this came out a bit earlier than expected hehe, this is the end of this twoshot. i hope you enjoyed this, writing this out gave me butterflies uwu, i hope you have a wonderful and lovely day!