maybe this isn't so bad

Opposites

A truce was made centuries ago by the demon gods and angel gods, they both agreed to end an everlasting war if demons and angels are paired up together and work together harmoniously. Slowly bit by bit, the demon and angel community work well together. This has been continuing on ever since with no signs that authorities will be stopping.

Every angel and demon must be assigned as partners once they have graduated from school where they train their strength and brains. They are bound together, they must live under one roof. An invisible chain is locked on to them to make sure neither one of them can run.

The authorities assign each angel and demon individually. Checking their traits in order to ensure they compliment each others strengths and cover each other's flaws. Every year, the set list will be released and fresh graduates meet their partner. 

.

"Hey Minjoo!" A fellow angel friend, Wonyoung called out to Minjoo. The young teenage girl is still in training until she is assigned to a demon partner. Minjoo is a fresh graduate, waiting for the set list to be released.

Minjoo turned around to see Wonyoung attempting to use her wings to fly to her, Wonyoung still had a long way to go before graduating. Minjoo laughed at how cute the young girl looked, she looked so focused trying to control her pure white feathery wings. 

Minjoo stretched her own wings before lifting herself up from the ground, flying towards the struggling 14 year old to help her.

"Be careful, Wonyoung." Minjoo says, holding on to Wonyoung's hands to prevent her from falling. 

"Don't worry! I got this." Wonyoung proudly shows off a smile before she loses balance and falls on top of Minjoo. 

The two of them plop to the ground in the middle of the hallway, Wonyoung showing a sheepish smile to Minjoo who was slightly displeased. Students around them cautiously fly over them.

"What did I tell you?" 

"I'm sorry..." Wonyoung's pout was too irresistible, Minjoo pinched her cute cheeks. 

Minjoo helped Wonyoung off the ground and checked if Wonyoung's wings had taken any damage. The white wings which weren't fully developed looked fine. She looked up to Wonyoung who was very sulky that she failed to fly. 

"Why did you wanted to fly? You know your wings aren't developed enough for you to have a steady flight." Minjoo asked with a frown.

"Miss Chaeyeon and her partner Miss Eunbi just started flight lessons! She looked so elegant and smooth while flying, I want to fly just like her too." Wonyoung said, remembering the way her teacher, Chaeyeon flew. Her eyes sparkling with excitement.

Minjoo smiled, Wonyoung was enthusiastic to learn how to fly. A week ago, she was complaining how boring the lessons about the history of demons and angels were. 

"You'll get there soon enough Wonyoung, just be patient." Minjoo said lovingly, cupping Wonyoung's chubby cheeks. Wonyoung smiled and nodded happily. 

"MINJOO!" Yena, the goofy and playful angel shouted and jumped on Minjoo. 

"Wow no need to shout." Minjoo looked at Yena skeptically. Yena looked extra excited today. 

"The set list is out! We need to go and check now!" Yena dragged Minjoo who wasn't very enthusiastic to the office, where workers recieve the set lists from authorities and they distribute to the students. 

Minjoo said a quick goodbye to Wonyoung. Yena sped to the office to find the room full of freshly graduated students, who were hustling and bustling. Minjoo sighed, not very excited to be paired up with a random demon. 

Minjoo never liked the pairing thing with demons. Minjoo dreaded the idea of having a demon to deal with. She had the image of them being evil and disgusting. Even though the textbooks said nothing of that sort, she kept that idea in her head. She always thought her older friends just got lucky with a nice one. She promised herself to not associate with her demon, treating her as nothing but air. 

"Yo Minjoo, it's our turn already! C'mon." Yena had to snap Minjoo out of her daydream, she was too busy thinking about how she'd deal with her demon. 

"Name?" The bored angel who was working behind the counter asked. 

"Choi Yena." Yena said with a smile, she was indeed excited. 

The worker typed in her name, scribbling down a few notes before handing Yena a piece of paper. 

"Your demon's name is Jo Yuri, you'll meet her next Monday like everyone else." The worker said with a monotone voice.

"Aw sweet! This is gonna be-" Yena was cut off by the worker.

"Next!" 

Yena grumbled and got out of the line and waited outside for Minjoo. 

"How could someone be so rude." Yena mumbles to herself while walking out the door.

Minjoo silently laughed at how annoyed Yena looked, Minjoo walk in front realising it was her turn.

"Name?"

"Oh um, Kim Minjoo." Minjoo quietly stuttered out. 

The worker did the same routine, typing in something and scribbling down some notes before handing Minjoo a piece of paper. 

"Your demon's name is Kang Hyewon. You'll meet her next Thursday, your meeting with her is delayed because of personal issues." 

"What kind of-" "Next!" 

Minjoo got cut off before she could even finish her question. She left the line confused. Personal issues? Minjoo scoffed, her demon was probably some type of troublemaker. Minjoo looked at the paper the worker gave her, it was basic information about her demon. 

Kang Hyewon          Age: 19                                             Height: -     Weight:-                                                            Likes: Unknown     Dislikes: Unknown 

The vague information about Kang Hyewon made Minjoo even more curious. Why was her meeting delayed and Minjoo barely knows anything about her demon. Minjoo aimlessly walked out of the office, Yena was outside jumping up and down. She was acting like a 5 year old who just recieved candy. 

"Who's your demon?" Yena asked with a huge smile. 

"The only thing I know about her is her name and age, I'm meeting her next Thursday. Apparently she has some personal issues." Minjoo handed Yena the piece of paper, not sure what to feel about this Kang Hyewon. 

"Wait. The Kang Hyewon?" Yena asked, eyes balls about to fall off her face.

"What do you mean by The Kang Hyewon?" Minjoo asked.

"I'm not sure about it but Kang Hyewon is infamous for being a trouble maker. Breaking into people's properties to steal." Yena said, recalling the times her friends mentioned about the infamous demon.

"What?" Minjoo didn't believe Yena at first, but seeing her serious expression she believed her. Minjoo felt disgusted. She got paired up with a disobedient demon, making her life harder.

"Ugh, how unlucky did I have to be to have this kind of demon?" Minjoo rolled her eyes, her dislike for demons has increased. 

Yena only shrugged, 

"Hey, she might not be as bad as they say." 

"I hope so." Minjoo stared at the piece of paper and sighed, the new information about Hyewon slowly sinking in. 

They both walked together to the cafeteria, Yena blabbing about her own demon. 

"She likes singing and is really shy, I can't wait to meet her and have fun-" Minjoo stopped listening to the rest of whatever Yena was saying and aimlessly nodded to whatever she said. 

Minjoo felt uneasy about the situation, the demon thing filling up her mind and making her anxious. The more she thought about it, the more she hated the idea of it. Minjoo sighed eventually accepting that she couldn't change anything. All she could do is deal with it. 

For days Minjoo worried about the issue, she was afriad it could possibly ruin her life. Her friends reassured her plenty of times but Minjoo was anxious about it. There were some cases of abuse in demon-angel relationships and that was what Minjoo feared most, but she attempted staying positive until she meets Kang Hyewon.

.

It was Thursday. The day Minjoo will meet Kang Hyewon. Minjoo had already met Yena's demon, Jo Yuri. A sweet girl with a beautiful voice. Minjoo flew to the borders of the demon world and angel world with words of encouragement from her friends, she stood there patiently, fiddling with the piece of paper in her hands. 

A voice had intterupted her thoughts. 

"Kim Minjoo?" An alluring and charming voice was heard, Minjoo looked up to see an attractive demon in front of her. 

"H-hello." Minjoo shyly greets her. 

"I'm Kang Hyewon." The demon smiles, her little fangs were adorable. 

"It's nice to finally meet you." Minjoo smiles back at Hyewon. Hyewon looked too sweet and kind to be mean and evil. 

"I'm sorry our meeting was delayed, I had some personal issues about my family." Hyewon sheepishly smiles, taking out a small box from her pocket.

"I hope this makes up for it." Hyewon placed the small box in Minjoo's hand. 

Minjoo opens the box to reveal couple rings, one in gold and the other in silver. The gold one had Minjoo's name engraved inside of it. The silver one had Hyewon's name engraved inside of it. 

Hyewon took out the silver one, sliding it into Minjoo's ring finger. It sat snuggly there. Minjoo smiled, Hyewon stretches out her own hand, waiting for Minjoo to slip the gold ring on her own finger. Minjoo slowly slides the gold ring into Hyewon's finger. 

"You're my angel, and I'm your demon." Hyewon smiles, her little fangs adorably in display. Minjoo chuckles, Hyewon seemed so sweet and adorable.

Hyewon takes Minjoos hand and interlaces them together. 

"They fit perfectly." Hyewon's smile widens, the little action had made Minjoo giddy.

Maybe this isn't as bad as I thought. 

Minjoo smiles to herself, maybe demons aren't so bad after all.