Chapter 3

I'm Fine Hyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chan swallowed again. “I guess I have no choice but to tell them…” He whispered to himself. He sighed and looked down before answering his hyung. “I have had a migraine since this morning hyung. It died down for a little bit because Jinhwan hyung gave me some medicine. But it came back before sound check started and now my head hurts a lot and I feel like throwing up but I don’t want to let my fans down by not performing. And I want to perform! Please hyung!” He spilled it all. All of the secret he had been so desperately trying to hide all day. It just came right out of his mouth. And he felt a rush of relief come over him after saying it all. He saw Yunhyeong let out a sigh of relief as well. Finally, he could relax. “Channie, why didn’t you say anything at the dorm? I thought it was just a regular headache.” Yunhyeong said. Chan shrugged. Why didn’t he say anything again? Oh right, because he did not want to be pulled from the concert. His head was swimming and he couldn’t think straight. Wait, what songs were they to sing? And why couldn’t he think of the dance moves?! He was drawing a huge blank! He placed a hand on his head and squinted his eyes to try and remember, but all that did was aggravate his already throbbing head and churning stomach. He let out a pained soft moan and instantly Yunhyeong was there holding him upright for fear that Chan would fall over at any minute.

“Alright Channie, you need to take it easy for a minute. Yah! How long do we have until we are on?!” He yelled to the crew. “20 minutes!” A voice yelled back. “Chan you need to lay down for a bit. You are in no condition to perform, but because Hanbin and I are nice hyungs, we are allowing you to perform. But until then, you have to listen to us and lay down for a bit." Chan sighed but then nodded. He knew that they were only looking out for him, but he felt sort of bad for lying to them all. Why weren’t they mad at him? Shouldn’t they be wanting to rip him apart? Hanbin of all people is the easiest to get angry and yet, no sign of anger from him. Only concern. They led him to an open couch they found backstage and Hanbin sat down and motioned for Chan to lay down. His long legs stretched out to the end of the couch and he laid his aching head on Hanbin’s lap. It felt so nice to lay down in the dark. Donghyuk brought over a cold towel that the stylist had gotten for him and laid it on Chan’s head. The cold felt so good on his throbbing head. Hanbin let his hand find Chan’s and he grabbed it and Chan held on tight. He felt so loved right now and he did not want his hyung to leave him. “10 minutes Ikon!” A voice yelled. He only had 10 more minutes of pure bliss until he had to go on that stage and face the lights and the music and the screaming fans. BlackPink finished their performance and were walking off the stage.

When they reached backstage they walked past Ikon and saw Chanwoo’s body curled up and a towel on his head. “Is he alright? Is he sick?” They asked. Hanbin nodded. “He is not feeling 100 percent no. He will be fine though.” They nodded and then bowed as they left. Hanbin laughed a little. “Look at ya. You look pitiful and pick up all the girls. Is that your secret?” Chan laughed. “Exactly. That is why I got more stickers then you that one time for Ikon TV. The fans chose me over you.” He said with a smirk. “Shut up.” Hanbin said while lightly imaginary punching Chanwoo’s side. “Yah! Hyung!” He yelled with a laugh. “Ikon! You’re on!” The crew yelled. They all stood up and helped Chan up. Then they grabbed their mic’s and put the in ear’s in. It was time and Chan was nervous. He never got nervous before a performance, only during their debut did he ever become nervous. “Here we go.” He said with a deep breath. He could do it! He had to do it!  

He was sweating more than normal. His footwork was clumsy and he was sure that the fans would notice. He was so tired and he could feel his body becoming heavier with every song. Finally, it was the last song and Chanwoo was rejoicing silently in his head. Thankfully “Love Scenario” wasn’t too hard of choreography. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter