#Chapter 3

The Flower in a Cage
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

~

 

I bit my lower lips, nervously stared at this pretty guy who I didn't even know what his name was. My fingers tapped on the side of my knees repeatedly as I scanned the area around me. It was a cave (pretty scary, smelly, and dark I must said), it located not far from where that bloody scene happened early (couldn't possibly be comfortable with dead bodies scattered around me). I managed to bring the tiger skin coat man to this place without dropping him and added on his already severe injuries. I literally piggybacked him here, I myself pretty surprised that I could do it (with much problems, but still successfully).

I once again stared at this guy's injuries, seemed like one of his attackers managed to stab him on the stomach, obviously. It was deep and pretty threatening for a normal person. Though it was such a relief when the cut on his arm wasn't that threatening. But, I supposed he was something else, with that kind of injury, successfully killed six people (more if it happened before I saw them), and still alive. It was pretty impressive, and scary at the same time. 

As I saw him, I noticed that there were other scars that decorated his topless chest (don't get me wrong, I needed to apply the limited number of medical plants I had on his injuries). He must be suffered a lot to have that many scars. I couldn't imagine if I would survive from a life and death situation again and again. This scar on my face was enough to remain me how easy it was to just give up and choose death instead.

Maybe we were strangers, but I sincerely hoped he go through this too. 

~

 

 

The sun was already up, it brought some light into this dark cave. I was awakened by a cold object that suspiciously smelled like blood on my neck. As I opened my eyes, soon enough I regretted the fact that I brought along that dagger (the one that this stranger used to kill his attackers). This pretty guy used it against me. 

I met with a pair of dark brown eyes, staring into my eyes in suspicious. His face was stoic from any kind of expressions, but I could feel he has no hesitation to kill me if he needed to (and I didn't doubt his ability).

I took a deep breath as I felt he pressed the dagger against my skin, it didn't hurt me, but enough to make me nervous. I didn't really have good memories with knives and its family (hence why I preferred the gun that I stole from father). "Do you always treat your life saver like this?" I nervously said, even if my voice didn't waver, I could feel my hands trembled. I preferred he pointed a gun on my head than dagger on my neck. 

"My Lord" I added, remember that his status should be higher than me (who currently dressed as some helper). At this point, I could see that this situation was a bit funny. Someone I saved pressed a freaking dagger on my neck, and here I am, still thinking about our social status. 

He just stared at me, not moving away. I also tried to ignore the fact that he was on top of me, close enough that I felt his warm skin against my clothed arms. "Who are you? Who send you? What's your motive?" his voice was as warm as I remembered it the first time in the market, it was such a pity he didn't show that pretty smile of his, just eyes filled up with coldness. 

"..Bom, my name is Bom" I tried to say, focused on his forehead instead, I couldn't handle his piercing gaze, it sent shiver went up my spine. He was scary and a little unsettling. I didn't like it one bit. 

"Just Bom?"

I nodded, biting my lower lips before decided to say something else. "I happened to see you being chased by those men in black. I really didn't have any motive besides helping someone in need, my Lord"

He still stared at me with those pair of cold, eerie eyes, before suddenly said something weird. "If you work at it hard enough"

I just frowned in confusion, not really understand with what did he mean by that. If I worked at it hard enough? What was that it supposed to mean? I didn't do anything but helping him. I started to regret the fact that I used the only bullet in that gun to save this stranger's life. He was being ungrateful. 

He continued on his monologue (maybe), I wasn't sure if he spoke to himself or to me, it felt like he was in his own world even if his cold eyes kept focusing on me. "An interval of time is worth an ounce of gold"

...okay? 

Why did he suddenly talking about time and gold? 

"Time is money?" I softly tilted my head, did he complained that I stole a lot of his time? If that was the case, he was being rude! 

I saw his gaze softened for a second before it back to that coldness I started to dislike.

"A flower in a cage"

I blinked for several times, too confused to react, he was talking in code and I didn't understand it one bit. It was so confusing, and he said it without a clear context, that made me wondering if he was not a citizen of our kingdom. I once again pondered over my choice to save him, I wasn't too sure anymore if it was the right thing to do. He could be a spy for all I know.

Or a Righteous Kingdom's soldier that managed to cross the border. 

Or maybe he was both.  

He stared at me for a solid three seconds, maybe deciding if my reactions were genuine or not, before pulling his dagger away from my neck (finally). He slowly retreated that made me let out a relieved breath. That dagger sure took a few years of my life. 

"Sorry, I was just wondering if you're an ally or a foe" he said it with a small smile, slightly winced while staring at his injured stomach. That cold eyes were nowhere to be seen. It amazed me how they were gone in a blink of an eye. 

His words made me more confused, how did you decide if someone is your ally or not from those confusing words? I couldn't really think that was possible. 

He was so strange. 

"What is your conclusion, my Lord?" I asked as I came closer, stretching my hands, wanted to fixed his bandage (it was made of my inner clothing, I actually ripped off half of it, and I could feel my stomach freezing right now). Even if I started to think that he was someone evil, I couldn't ignore my instinct to be a stupid girl and treat his injuries properly. 

He moved away, but relaxed a bit as he was aware of my intention. I tightened his bandage, made him instantly winced in pain as I wasn't being gentle while doing it (it was payback for putting a dagger on my neck, I couldn't help but being a little bit petty). 

"You're neither" 

I lifted up my chin, stared at him, who was looking at me without any hint of what was in his mind. 

He was so strange indeed. 

~

 

 

We had been stayed like these for half an day, at some point, I lit a small fire in the middle of

Please log in to read the full chapter