Year 2010 || 1.0

How can this be?
March 12, 2010

2010, the year Hyunwoo and Hoseok graduated from high-school as expected they have passed with flying colors and they both are fully excited to soon start living as mature college students, as a result of said excitement Hyunwoo turned his head to his friend, eyes shining full of happiness hey, wanna have a congratulatory party at my place with the guys later? Hoseok looked at the others direction as he shook his head signaling an ok, he tried so hard to avoid Hyunwoo's eyes and Hyunwoo took notice of his friend's behavior, Hoseok has been acting strange for the past week and it all started at the sleepover their mutual friend Kihyun held...

At Kihyun's Sleepover

Come on everyone sit in a circle Minhyuk said excitedly as he dragged everyone to sit with him in a circle, what are you planning to do now? what kind of game are we playing this time Hoseok said as he knew Minhyuk too well, Minhyuk was always the fun one the group, he would always gather everyone and let them play some sort of game he either just made up or saw somewhere online, nobody really tells him off because they lowkey appreciate Minhyuk's effort in strengthening the groups bond with each other.

Okay listen up everyone, I want us to play this game, I'm not really sure if it exists or not but it's really simple, every two people will be paired with each other via a number, and I'll write numbers from 1 to 3 in three different papers, all you have to do is pick one and whoever matches your number will be your partner Minhyuk explained and everyone just nodded in agreement.

As Minhyuk revealed his hands with three small folded papers to the others, they instantly felt a shrug of thrill and wonder, everyone took a deep breath and started picking papers.

Kihyun - Changkyun
Jooheon - Hyungwon
Hyunwoo - Hoseok

Everyone seemed satisfied with their partner however nobody understood why they were paired up, to begin with, Minhyuk didn't really explain what type of game they are playing, nevertheless, they were still excited knowing Minhyuk, he sure had some interesting game that will surely be fun.

Now that I have you all paired up, we will play a little game I called Are you man enough? said Minhyuk with a rather evil smirk, everyone else just looked at each other with confusion, they never heard a game with that name before, Oh come on guys, it's really not that hard, its like a mini-game of truth or dare but like only the dare part, hehe Minhyuk explained further and everybody just agreed to go along with him just to shut him up.  and one more thing, since I don't have a partner, I'll be telling you guys what kind of dare you have, okay? Minhyuk spoke once again and everybody just hummed a tiny ok.

Once they all settled and everyone sat beside their 'partner' Minhyuk smiled widely and took his phone out of his pocket and searched 'erted dares for couples'  without saying anything to the others about what he searched, he just ensured and almost forcefully made everyone pinky promise him not to back up on his made-up game, everyone thought it was a normal game so they just let Minhyuk trick them.

Minhyuk tried his best to find the iest dares to share with his new puppets and when he finally found the site he wanted, a bright 'AHA' came out of his mouth without him realizing making everyone a bit nervous since they knew that 'aha' didn't sound all that innocent, So, which couple wants to start first? Minhyuk asked with a grin in his face, Changkyun confidently rose his hand and Kihyun just widens his eyes, looking at Changkyun murderous eyes, cursing under his breaths, Kihyun didn't want to go first but since his stupid partner voluntarily sacrificed them to the devil Minhyuk he couldn't do anything, also everyone else applauded Changkyun for his bravery by shouting 'woo' but truthfully they were just glad they didn't have to be first.

Okay~ so here is your dare, Kyun you have to smell Kihyun's hair for 3 seconds Minhyuk said with an innocent smile, he didn't want to take the game too far on the first few rounds, he plans to gradually increase the level of difficulty so the others won't see it coming, and after the first 5 rounds, it was finally Hyunwoo and Hosek's turn again, Minhyuk gave them their dare which was to put their heads close to each other for 5 seconds to the point where their noses touched, Hyunwoo chuckled at the dare it was so easy for him that he sarcastically said really, that's it? and inched his face closer to Hoseok, while Hoseok froze in his place eyes widened each time Hyunwoo came closer to his face and when Hyunwoo's nose was about to touch his own, he felt Hyunwoo's breath closer to his lips, he closed his eyes unconsciously and held his breath, his heart suddenly started to beat faster than usual and those 5 seconds felt as if it was eternity, the last thing Hoseok remembers is him pushing Hyunwoo aside and quickly running away without saying a single word.

Hoseok is now in the bathroom with the door locked, he took a glance at himself at the mirror not recognizing his own reflection, his pale face is now flushed and his heart beating fast as if he ran a mile, frustrated with this unexplained reaction he decided to calm himself down by washing his face with cold water, he looks at himself once again now water droplets slowly falling down his face, he mumbles to his self 'what the was that!' 

Back in Kihyun's room, everyone was silent with an awkward atmosphere, Hyunwoo just froze in his place he still doesn't know why Hoseok suddenly pushed him, once he came back to his senses he rushed to the bathroom Hoseok locked himself in, he banged the door and loudly but worriedly asked Hoseok if he was okay, after a few seconds Hoseok opened the door exposing his semi-wet face while softly smiling at Hyunwoo acting as if nothing happened, I, suddenly felt like peeing so I rushed to the bathroom.. Hoseok told Hyunwoo while avoiding eye-contact.

are you sure you're okay? Hyunwoo asked again not convinced, Hoseok just nodded and Hyunwoo had a gut feeling that his friend will not tell him anything considering how stubborn Hoseok was, so Hyunwoo just brushed off the whole situation and choose to go with his friend's words.

Back to the day of the graduation

Hoseok tried with all his might to avoid Hyunwoo's gaze, because every time he looked into Hyunwoo's eyes his heart would start beating unnaturally fast and he would feel butterfly's in his stomach, Hoseok always knew that he treasured Hyunwoo but that was sole because they have been best friends for like their whole lives, and he refused to ruin the good relationship they have just because he started to have one-sided feelings towards Hyunwoo.

Hyunwoo was not very happy, in fact he was frustrated with Hoseok not joking and talking to him like he used to do, he feels that there is a distance between them both and he doesn't like it at ALL, he tried confronting Hoseok multiple times but the other just brushed him off as if he set a protective wall between himself, Hyunwoo tried to joke around Hoseok  to get any sort of reaction from the other but Hoseok would just give him small reactions that didn't satisfy Hyunwoo at all...

In order to corner Hoseok, Hyunwoo decided to text Hoseok saying the party in the house would start earlier than originally planned and if it was okay for Hoseok's schedule, Hoseok replied back to the text saying he'll be there and it was okay.

Hyunwoo's house was 10 minutes away from Hoseok so Hoseok decided to walk there to prepare his heart and mind, he tried to calm himself and convince his self that what he was feeling was a normal reaction because he wasn't used to people putting their faces close to him, blah, blah, and without him noticing he was already  few steps away from Hyunwoo's house, while taking a few deep breaths, he opened Hyunwoo's gate and let himself in, he walked to the front door and he noticed everything was quiet, 'weird, am I the first one here' he thought, when he opened to door, he was greeted by Ms. Son's smile Oh, Hoseok-ah, Hyunwoo is upstairs in his room Hoseok smiled back and softly said Hi mother

Hyunwoo was in his room, thinking of how he'll open up to Hoseok, while he was so deep in his thoughts he didn't realize that Hoseok was already in his bedroom, Hyunwoo.. Hoseok said softly snapping Hyunwoo out of his train of thoughts, Hyunwoo blinked a few times and he saw his friend standing beside his closed bedroom door, come here Hyunwoo told Hoseok and signaling him to sit on a spot in his bed.

Where's everyone else? Hoseok said trying to break the silence between them, they are coming after 3 hours Hyunwoo simply said, Hoseok sat at the corner of his bed confused, I, actually wanna talk to you about something so I kinda called you a little earlier than the others, please be honest with me cuz I'm gonna punch you if don't! Hyunwoo said and Hoseok just nodded in response...