001

ENDING

 

 

ENDING OF REVENGE

The birds were chirping outside the window, made a beautiful symphony that alarmed her to wake up and face reality.

The man beside her, the man that eventually stole her heart comfortably lay down next on her, put his arm secured on her waist to caged her from escaping. His face was always different when he was sleeping, somehow looked like the innocent Junhoe that she knew when they were a kid, like the little boy who put a Batman cape and drove his mini bat-car. The Junhoe who said will protect her from the Joker when they're an adult, but he turned out to be the Joker of her life.

She his thick hair to ease her heart, but somehow it only crumbling her, destroying the fortress that she built a moment ago.

"You always said that you're the Batman and I'm the Catwoman. But it turns out that you're the Joker and I'm the Harley Quinn, June-ahh"

Her heart clenched, she almost backed off from her plan. She almost let her sane gone when he let a horse moaned on his sleep.

"Just like you, I have no choice but to do it. I want to be a little selfish, I'll do it this time and I'm sorry... My love..."

My love...
That was what he called her the night before. Her heart almost outbursted the first time she heard it, never once in a million she expected to hear that from him. And also never once in a million times, she thought she'll call him the same too.

Her tears already fell down on her cheeks, she covered to keep her sobs quite, she didn't want to wake him or else everything would be harder for her.

"I'm sorry but I have to do this"

She kissed his forehead before she carefully jumped off of the bed.

She didn't even care with her messed up appearance when she wore her dress again, then took his clothes that laid on the floor but she got nothing she was looking for. She wondered, where did he put it? The key, his bedroom key. After several minutes, she found what she needed, it was in his jacket. She didn't only get that but to her fortune, she also took his gun. The gun with his initials name.

She looked at the magazine and there was only a bullet, a single bullet in the six chambers of it. He used it, the other five bullets were gone from its place, he probably fired it more than five times.

She took a quick glance of him for the last time... It probably would be the last time she'll see him, the last minutes they would inhale the same air, and felt his love that strongly radiated only for her.

A double click sounds on the door succeed to make her escape from the room that trapped her for the last four days. Everything was all the same, but the air just a little bit more tensed than usual. Chaeyoung was bare feet, still with her messed up face when she ran on the hallway, passed all the maid that cleaned the mansion before everyone did their activities.

All the maids seemed shocked to see her condition, again... She looked messed up with a gun in her hand. But they couldn't do much than bowed their bodies when she passed by.

She ran and run until she stopped in front of a mahogany door that was carved magnificently, with angels framed on the edges of the door, it was surely carved by one of the best artists in the world. Those angels in the doors seemed like they ignited her courage to end everything. The game which that family played on hers.

She pushed the door, hoped to see the person she wanted to make a deal with. With the dark button-up shirt that he rolled on the sleeves, a gold glasses frame that rested on the bridge of his nose, and also the Cuban cigar that he played on his fingers, his sullen expression suddenly changed into a friendly one. Just like how he usually behaved towards her.

"Chaeyoung-ahh... What's bring you here this early?"

"Please uncle... Please let my mother go. I beg you"

Seunghyun's facial expression drastically dropped once he heard her request. He knew the day will come and it obviously that day. When Junhoe gave him a report the night before, he knew that it will happen soon.

"Chaeyoung-ahh, I'm sure you know these verse... But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life, an  eye for an eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. What I do is only to repay what your grandfather did, that's it"

Seunghyun smashed his cigar on the ashtray then he stared at the young girl in front of him, there was no hate in his eyes. As she looked deeper into his eyes, she could see the pain that trapped inside his soul. Devoured all the kindness that she remembered about him to some kind of grudge that pilled up in years.

"Your family murdered my parents just because they opposed me to establish a cooperation with your family. Your grandfather's men were shooting my parents right in my eyes and I just had known about who they were a couple years ago"

"Liar! I know you're lying! My grandfather won't do something like that! I know you're just making up a story, uncle!"

She thought she knew her family, no matter how cruel they were, they would never kill their relatives. All she knew that her family only thought her about love, love to each person around them.

She felt betrayed, she felt that all her life was only a big lie where there was no single truth on every single breath she breathed in.

With her trembling hands, she pointed out the gun. Aimed it right at Seunghyun's face just to end all the misery that trapped her for the past months. Everything will end, right? The moment its bullet pierced through Seunghyun's head, it will stop all the nightmares, right?

At that time, the door suddenly opened. Showed the messed up looking Junhoe who was panting out of breath and fear which clearly shown in his eyes.

"Chae, stop! Don't do it, my love"

She looked at him, how his eyes pleaded, she hated it. She hated the powerless Junhoe, even when she was the one who made him like that.
He stuttered, he wasn't sure to walk his feet into her. He was afraid if he took a wrong move, she would pull the trigger. He was afraid if he didn't stop her, his father would be the one who will took her from him. He was afraid of both scenarios that ran on his head, either fate that would happen definitely not the one he wished for.
"My love, please I beg you. Please don't kill him. I beg you"

But back to her sense, she also knew that it will only cause another grudge that demanded another revenge from Junhoe if she pulled the trigger. And she didn't want the love of her life to hate her.

Her sights were already blurry from the beginning, her tears have never been stopped. She was afraid of everything, even a second in the future was enough to scare her.

"Is it true that either I or my mother have to die so your revenge would be paid off?" She knew the obvious answer and with Seunghyun's expression in front of her... She thought she had no other way to end all of those nightmares right at that time.

"Chaeyoung-ahh... I love you like my own daughter but what your family has been done to me is something that I can't forgive. I'm sorry"

"I will kill you!"

"Chaeyoung-ahh... Please don't kill my father" Junhoe was kneeling on the side, he didn't know who he should side at. It was impossible to choose between his father and the woman who changed his life. He would like to offer his life in exchange but he knew that it wasn't what both Chaeyoung or his father would agree.

"Chaeyoung-ahh... I know you're a good woman. You don't have to dirty your hands with blood. I know you love my son, I know you carry my grandson, I bless you both. Let's just move on and live happily"

"Tck" She scoffed at his statement, he was right, she was a good woman but until the condition forced her to turn into someone she's not.  "You're right, Seunghyun ajushi... I do love your son and I do have your grandson inside me"

She looked at Junhoe, she knew that it wasn't the best thing because of a single sight of him could immediately crumble all the determinations that she built. "I do love your son very much ajushi, and I can't make him lose his father, right? The man that he adores, the man that he chooses to be his life guide"

"Chaeyoung-ahh... Drop that gun, I swear I will try to fix everything, my love. Just believe in me"

"It's too bad that your son only has a bullet in it, I'd like to shot your head first before I end it everything for me"

"Chaeyoung-ahh! No! Don't do it! Put that gun!" With her remaining strength, Chaeyoung moved her hand towards her head. Aimed the nozzle of the gun right at the side of her temple. She still could clearly hear her lover's voice who demanded her to stop her crazy act, but whos she dealt with? Again, she had no choice.

"June-ahh... I love you, I'm sorry for loving and leaving you. Please keep your promise, please make sure that my mother will have a normal life after this. Please, I'm begging you, my love"

Right before Junhoe could respond, before he said another begging, the sound of a gunfire echoed through the entire room. Made the bullet that slid out of its magazine made another mess.

Blood was everywhere...

Junhoe never imagined seeing a scene like that where his lover covered in blood.
But no, it wasn't Chaeyoung who fired the gun but his mother, Bom.

"Seunghyun-ahh... Please stop everything" Bom who was already crying with a gun on her hands were broke down on her knees, there was also Dara next to her who immediately ran towards her daughter.

Bom fired the gun to the flower vase next to Chaeyoung, she just wanted to stop her. She didn't have an intention to hurt the woman that her son loved, not at all.

A glass piece that pierced Chaeyoung's belly made her covered in blood, she thought she didn't afraid of death but knowing she could lose her daughter was terrified her.

"Chae... Chaeyoung-ahh... My love... Please, hang on" Junhoe embraced her in his arms. Her hands that covered in blood made its way towards his cheek, caressed him maybe for the last time.

"I love you" Junhoe was already crying, Dara was no different next to him. Their world was crushing down as if it was their doomsday, where their world was collapsed.
"Omma... Mianhae..."

"Mwoga mianhae, Chaeyoung-ahh? Omma yeogiisseo"

"You'll make it, Chaeyoung-ahh... You have to fight for me, for our daughter, for us. Please..."

"I'm sorry..."

 

 

Pray and Junhoe was something that can be hardly put together, but that time, after years he forgot how to plead to his Creator... He kneeled down in front of the emergency room. Pleaded to God to save his beloved, to save Chaeyoung and Eunkyung his daughter.

 

He willed to exchange anything to be with them again, to be surrounded by the women he loved...

 

Chaeyoung's belly that pricked by a broken glass was producing a lot of blood. Even Mino was afraid because there's another heart beating in there.

 

Everything was chaotic, Seunghyun who drove the car to the hospital in hurry didn't mind others honk everytime he overlapped the car in front of him while Dara passed out when she saw Chaeyoung gradually closed her eyes.

 

Junhoe in the back seat couldn't stop crying, he kept whispering love spells so Chaeyoung won't leave him alone. His trembling hand that pushed a cloth on her belly to stop the bleeding didn't do anything... Everything was so wrong that time.

 

.

 

.

 

"How is she doc?" Junhoe jumped on when he saw the doctor came out.

 

"Can I talk to her family?"

 

"I'm her husband!"

 

Was it right to call himself as her husband? He thought it was... The moment they mutually shared their love, that moment also counted as the time he was her husband.

 

"I'm really sorry but I..."

 

Junhoe stormed forward and held his collar, he was so angry even though he hasn't heard what he'll hear. But he knew that it wasn't a good thing to answer his prayers.

 

"Son... Calm down!"

 

"I'm really sorry sir, we lose your child. But Mrs. Chaeyoung is already in a stable condition. Once again, I'm really sorry, we've done our best to save both of them but God apparently has a better place for your child"

 

His grip on the collar loosened. He felt destroyed and relieved at the same time. His heart ached, how losing someone that he never met before could destroy him that bad?

 

"Son... Be strong, Chaeyoung needs you by her side right now" Seunghyun put his arm around his shoulder as his support, he knew that his son needed someone to keep him strong, to get through everything.

 

"Father... Please. Please, end all of this, you get the life that you want, my child is already gone. So please I beg you, end this revenge"

 

Hearing his son's broken voice which he never heard before ignited a little light in his heart, awoke him from the grudge that ate him for the past years. The obsession of his revenge that ruined everything that could be the best thing in his son's life.

 

He left his son's shoulder and after a brief moment, he finally could say his apology. "I'm sorry for everything son, tell her that I regret everything. I hope she would forgive me"

 

.

 

.

 

Junhoe walked inside and saw Chaeyoung who was trying to remove the IV hose from the back of her hand. It made him immediately ran towards her and embraced her to stop what she was doing.

 

"Chae... What are you doing?"

 

"Omma... How is she?"

 

"She's safe... She's with mom at the mansion"

 

He didn't hear anything from her but her sobs. His chest that being soaked by her tears and her hands that looped around his waist were the evidence that she was scared and relieved.

 

"Everything's come to the end, my love. All the nightmares are gone" He cupped his cheeks to stared into her eyes, he didn't know if it was the best time to tell her or not but he knew that sooner or later she would know about it. And she probably would want to know about her miscarriage from himself rather than from the doctor.

 

"But, Chae..."

"But what?"

"We lose Eunkyung" That time, Junhoe couldn't pretend to be strong anymore. No matter how hard he tried to hold back his tears, it's just fell down from her eyes. "I'm really sorry for unable to protect both of you"

🌹

After several months of the tragedy, Junhoe and Chaeyoung decided to live in Jeju. Junhoe bought a beautiful house for both of them to live with a lily garden in the backyard.

 

All of them decided to live a new path of their life. Bom and Seunghyun moved to Paris where Seunghyun developed his vineyard and also his art business. Meanwhile, Dara chose to live in a small town in Japan. All of them were still guilty, each of them was blaming themselves for Chaeyoung's miscarriage.

 

That midnight, Junhoe just came back from some 'works'. The first thing that he looked for was the love of his life, Chaeyoung.

 

Still with his black button up shirt, he immediately jumped on the bed, to embrace her in his arms. Leaving her for the past 3 days was so hard for him, it was the first time he left her for that long after they moved.

 

The peach lingerie that she wore was showing his shoulders, which immediately being attacked by Junhoe's lips.

 

"June-ahh... You're home?"

 

"Sorry if I wake you up, I just miss you so much"

 

"Tch, such a liar"

 

"It's true, I miss you, my love"

 

"You're so cheesy! By the way, are you hungry? Do you want me to cook you something? What do you want to eat?"

 

"You, I want to eat you"

 

"Yaaaa!!!" Chaeyoung hit his chest once, "Where's the monster Junhoe at?"

 

"Here, in front of you. But don't worry my love, it will only appear every time you arouse me which I won't complain. Do you miss him? Want to meet the monster me now?" His grin as the closing of his answer succeed to make her cheeks blushed, how she couldn't when his remarks referred to their life?

 

Chaeyoung tried to go back to her sleep and covered her face with the blanket, she was too embarrassed. But she hasn't laid down yet when Junhoe held both of her shoulders. "I have something for you"

 

"Can't you give it later?"

 

"I can't" He took a velvet box from his pocket and opened it which immediately showed her a beautiful ring with a pretty big diamond as the statement of it.

 

"Marry me, Chae... Be my wife, be my child's mother, my parents' daughter in law. To stay by my side forever, to love each other even after our hair turns white. Until death does us apart. Please, will you?"


Warmth immediately sneaked inside her heart, there was also some tingling sensation on her belly as if there were a dozen butterflies which flew inside her. She felt so strange, how could her eyes got watery while her lips were spreading widely? Showing him the sincere happiness of his question.

She nodded, hoped it was enough for his answer because no matter how much she wanted to shout him a yes, she couldn't. For a moment her vocal cords lost its ability to produce any sound due to her sudden euphoria.

"Chae... Is it a yes? You'll marry me?"

"Yess, it's a yes June-ahh. I'll marry you"

All the worries and unsureness that he felt suddenly gone. Relieved and happy... That was what he felt, all the weight on his heart were lifted and he finally could breathe easily again.

He took her again on his arm, embraced her deeper into his heart. He didn't care if Chaeyoung could hear his racing heart. In fact, he wanted her to hear it, that his heart was crazily beating faster than normal for her, only for her.

"Thank you, my love. Thank you so much... I promise you that happiness is the only thing that I'll give in your life. I love you, Chae... I love you so much"

END

Please... Share your thoughts on wattpad but don't spoil anything. And don't tell anyone about the link. I trust you all and I love you all so muuuuuuuuuuuch 💕