Ch. 2: Yeah, like family

BFB My Best Friend's Brother is the One for Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"My world doesn't revolve around you. I can't just leave class every time you beck and call." I said putting my hands on his shoulder to push him away from me. 

"Then why are you standing here in front of me, hmm? You say your world doesn't revolve around me but it sure as hell seems like it." 

I roll my eyes and avoid looking at his eyes. If I don't look into them, I won't give in. 

"Why aren't you looking at me?" Hanbin said lowly, putting his arm above my head leaning closer to me.

I felt his hand grab my chin to lift my head up but I tried to look at anywhere other than his face, "I need to get to class, Hanbin," I mumbled. 

Don’t look, don’t look, don’t look.

"It's Oppa to you." He whispered. I mentally rolled my eyes at his persistent request for me to call him Oppa. 

He moved his hand to rest on my left cheek and leaned closer if that's even possible. Curse Hanbin and his charms. Why do I stupidly fall for it every time?

My hands slightly squeezed his broad shoulders and he dipped his head to kiss me. It was painstakingly slow but at the same time, so fricken good. I don’t think I can ever get tired of his divine lips. We've been having our makeout sessions every day since school has started but it just isn't enough. All Summer, Hanyul and Hanbin had to visit their grandma in Busan and left me alone for three months. I didn't really mind it at first. I just spent my time at home laying in bed watching my dramas and only getting up to eat. It was the ing life. But then after the first month, it started to get repetitive and boring. I ran out of interesting dramas to watch and no one to talk to. That's the pitfall of being an only child with parents that are constantly working. You're always alone. Towards the end of Summer, I couldn't wait to see Hanbin again. He was my escape of reality. With him, I can forget about my boring and uneventful life. My little secret.

To my disappointment, Hanbin broke our kiss and looked at me with a smirk, "Y'know I was actually hurt that you didn't sit on my lap this morning."

I smiled sliding my arms around his neck, "You're delusional if you actually think there was even a possibility that I would do such a thing."

"A man can only dream." 

The bell rang, signaling that 4th period is over and it's time for lunch.

"Ugh, I never returned to class. Mr. Choi is going to kill me." I groaned resting my head on Hanbin's shoulder. I felt his body vibrate from his obnoxious laugh while he placed his arms around my waist. 

"Come on. Let's get lunch. I'm starving." He says tightening his embrace.

I scoffed, "So you only wanted to see me for my lips. Am I a tool that you use when needed and thrown to the side when not?"

"You know it's not like that, Jiyoo." Hanbin whispers placing feather kisses on my neck. God, the effects he has on my body is embarrassing.

"Do you have soccer practice after school today?" I asked stretching my neck to give him more access.

"Yeah, when do I not? The coach is acting like we're preparing for the ing World Cup or something. It's annoying." He grunted burying his face into my neck. 

I giggled, "Kim Hanbin, Seoul's High School top player, doesn't enjoy soccer practices? Oh, what has this world come to?"

"Don't even start."

"Hey, at least you got your friends with you. It could be worse. You could be in a team that hates you." I reasoned.

"It'd be better if you were there. Actually, why aren't you on the field after school? Hanyul practices her stupid cheer routine while we practice soccer, and I never see you there with her." Hanbin asks lifting his head to look at me.

"Umm because I'm not on the cheer team? I'm not even athletic." I said like it was the most obvious thing. When has physical activities and Lee Jiyoo ever made sense together?

"I mean I thought you and Hanyul are always together. She says that she feels like you've been avoiding her lately." He replied.

Avoiding her? Where did that ing come from?

"What the ? Why would she think I'm avoiding her?" I questioned. 

Hanbin shrugged, "I don't know. She was complaining about it last night during dinner."

I sighed, "I'll talk to her about it I guess."

Oh, how I wish our little time together never end but alas, the world is never on my side (and probably never will be). Hanbin gave me one last peck on my lips and we left the rooftop to enter the real world. I quickly walked to the lunchroom while he stayed back so people don't see us walk in together. I spot Hanyul sitting at our usual table.

"Hey, how's your day so far?" I asked sitting down next to her. 

"The usual. Oh! But I saw Jieun talking to Minho again. I think she finally confessed!" Hanyul squealed about the new gossip that's going around school.

I nodded sipping on my strawberry yogurt and pretending to look interested while tuning her out. That's the thing about Hanyul. Once she starts talking, it's best to just let her be than to interrupt her. Truthfully, I couldn't care less about other people's lives. How is Jieun's love life going to benefit me in any way? I won't gain anything from it. My mind started to drift back to Hanbin telling me that Hanyul thought I was avoiding her. I have to admit... I can see how she can come to that conclusion with that constant paranoia she has of pleasing others. 

Ever since that end of the year party last year, right before winter break started, I couldn't look at Hanyul in the eyes anymore. How could I? I mean, I hooked up with her older brother that is constantly pulling pranks on her. One thing that made me unique compared to any other girl in our school is that I wasn't head over heels for the star player Kim Hanbin... Until that night anyway.

Flashback starts

"Just one shot, Jiyoo! You need to loosen up." Hanyul shouted over the music, shoving a shot of Vodka towards me. 

How I ended up in the middle of Junhoe's kitchen with Hanyul egging me on to "loosen up" and just "let go" is beyond me. The week before school ended, everyone was talking around school that Koo Junhoe is hosting his annual end of the year party and decided to invite everyone, instead of just the upperclassmen. They made it seem like it was going to be the it party of the year, and if you don't go, you're basically committing social suicide. So that's why on a Friday night, Hanyul dragged me to her place and started to dress me up like I'm her barbie doll or some . I honestly don't think I'm made for makeup. It looks bizarre on me and the clothes that you have to wear is so ing tight and constricting. I've never felt so exposed, with the tube top and ripped skinny jeans that Hanyul lent me from her closet. I looked like a fool but Hanyul kept reassuring me that I looked great.

I groaned loudly, "You know I don't drink. Hell! I don't even go out like this Hanyul! What the hell am I doing here?!"

"You're here to have fun." She replied with squinting her eyes at me accusingly. 

"Fine but only one shot! And because you're my best friend." I gave in grabbing the shot glass.

"I'm your only friend," Hanyul said rolling her eyes and taking another shot with me.

The clear liquid burned the back of my throat and chills ran down my spine. God, I ing hate alcohol. I coughed loudly, my throat dying of the toxic liquid and my liver slowly deteriorating from me giving into peer pressure. But after a few seconds, my body became warmer and I felt a slight wave of excitement pass over me. 

"See? Now you're starting to feel it. Take another one." Hanyul yelled eagerly, handing me another shot. 

it. I'm already one shot in, might as well go all out. 

After the fifth shot, I was feeling on top of the world. The music that I thought was too loud and obnoxious became like an anthem. It penetrated my bones and like magic, the dry loner Jiyoo became someone else. Hanyul grabbed my hand and dragged me to the middle of the living room. Usually, I would fight back like a little kid that doesn't want to go to the dentist. I can't dance for the life of me. I have no rhythm and god knows I'm not blessed with a body either.

But for some reason, like the alcohol has changed me into a whole new person, my body started to move with the music. My hips rocked to the beat, and Hanyul and I were just enjoying our time dancing together. More and more people started joining and the music started to get louder. I felt an arm try to wrap around my waist. My head snapped in shock from the unexpected touch and it was some freshmen that I couldn't even recognize. Like a trigger, the touch of someone else on me pulled me out of the state of mind that I was in and I looked at the crowd around me.

I felt like the air was escaping from my lungs and I couldn't breathe anymore. It was suffocating. The crowd was getting closer around me and the music just keeps getting louder. 

"I need some air!" I yelled grabbing Hanyul's arm. She turned to look at me smiling with her eyes closed banging her head to the music. She's way too intoxicated to even care. I felt my chest tightened and it was getting harder for me to breathe. I need to get out of here. I backed up bumping into people and it seemed like everywhere I stepped, I kept bumping into someone. There was nowhere for me to go and the spaces between people were getting smaller.

Oh my god, is this how I'm going to die? In a sea of sweaty drunk high school kids? 

And suddenly, I felt a hand grab my arm and pulled me out of the crowd. It was so quick that it felt like the wind was knocked out of me. I turned my head to look at my savior but he was still dragging me to god knows where. We entered a random room that looked like it was probably the guest bedroom. Everything was clean and spotless. The room was all in shades of green and it was dark. The only thing that was giving any light to the room were the curtains that were slightly opened. 

I hear the mystery boy clearing his throat and I whipped my head towards his direction and my eyes widened in shock.

Kim Hanbin.

There he is, standing in the middle of the room with an amused smirk on his face. Unlike Hanyul, Hanbin was loud and rambunctious. All the girls swoon over his good looks but to me, he's that dorky little kid that loved Minnie Mouse and cried over every little thing. He's always just been Hanyul's older brother that would pester us when I come over to hang out or eat dinner. Other than the casual wave and nod in school, he never really went out of his way to associate himself with me. Why would he though? Our personalities were too different. He was outgoing and I was not. People love him and I can't even keep a conversation going. Normally, I wouldn't care about Kim Hanbin... but right at this moment, with the moonlight illuminating one side of his face that was slightly flushed from the alcohol, he looked good. 

"Aren't you gonna thank your lord and savior? I mean, I did save you from literally drowning in that sea of people." Hanbin said snapping me out of my train of thought.

I scoffed, "I could've got out myself."

What the hell was I thinking? Hanbin looking good? His personality is ugly as .

"Yeah, it totally looked like you were doing just peachy. You looked like a lost sheep stuck in the middle of a pack of wolves." He sarcastically pointed out. 

I huffed in annoyance and turned around to open the door and get the out of the room. I don't need to put up with his incessant mockery right now.

"You wouldn't wanna do that." He called out.

I turned around to look at him, "And why not? You're not the boss of me."

"Ok, do whatever you want. Open the door and walk into a living room full of sweaty drunk kids dancing like ing animals." Hanbin said sitting down on the bed stretching his arms and for a split second, I swear I saw what seemed like a tattoo on his left hip peeking from under his shirt. 

I sighed defeatedly. I hate to admit it but he was right. There's no way I'm going out there. I'll ing die. I walked over and sat next to him looking at my lap. This is so awkward. Kim Hanbin and I in a room stuck together in the middle of a party with nothing to talk about. Just kill me now.

"Isn't it ironic how you're supposed to be out there having the time of your life but instead, you're stuck with me?" Hanbin asks turning his head to look at me.

"And what about you? Why aren't you out there having the time of your life?" I retorted.

"You saw what was out there. It's way too ing crowded." 

I nodded in agreement laying on the bed, "Yeah you're right."

The bed was more comfortable than I thought but with the siz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter