Ch 1: God, I'm screwed

BFB My Best Friend's Brother is the One for Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We're going to be late for school! Hurry up, Oppa!" 

"Hold on! I'm finishing up my eggs! Don't rush me!"

"Ugh!"

There's Hanyul yelling at her brother by the front door to hurry up so we can get out the door and catch the bus. I look at my watch, 7:08 am. 

I bite my lip nervously, "Look Hanyul. We need to hurry. The bus is coming in like 5 minutes."

"Ok! I'm done! I'm done! Let's go!" Hanbin shouts at the top of his lungs clumsily putting on his shoes.

And that's why on this Wednesday morning, me, Hanyul, and Hanbin are running down the streets fighting against time. I can't be late again. It's only the second week of school and it's going to be just hell if the teachers hate me already.

"This is all your fault. I put in so much time and effort on my hair just for it to get ruined before school even started." Hanyul said panting when we rushed into the bus.

"I needed to eat breakfast. It's the most important meal, isn't it?" Hanbin replies cooly.

"You fricken annoy me." Hanyul barks sitting down while finger combing her hair.

"You ok, Jiyoo? You look like you're about to drop dead." Hanbin said once he noticed me still panting with my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath.

"Yeah, just give me a moment," I said waving my hands. 

Screw my short legs and weak lungs. Why couldn't I be born with more stamina?

"Well, it's all your fault, Oppa. We were only running because you were taking your sweet time. Think about others next time." Hanyul said sarcastically. 

"I couldn't hear my alarm clock. I didn't ask for this to happen. Stop assuming .” Hanbin snapped back.

"Ok, guys. It's not that big of a deal. At least we made it." I said trying to calm them down.

Damn the Kims. Always fighting, even early in the morning. Hanyul rolled her eyes and pulled out her phone signaling that she's not going to talk anymore. Fine by me. I don't need any more of their incessant arguing. I looked around trying to find a seat. My legs still feel like it's going to give out if I don't find anywhere to sit and rest. 

"You can just sit on my lap. It's always free for you." Hanbin says cockily. 

I rolled my eyes, "And why would you think I would even consider doing that?" 

"Because you know you want to. Who wouldn't?" 

"Me." I said offhandedly looking out the window.  If I don't look at him, he'll stop pestering me.

Hanbin sighs exasperatedly while walking to a group of what looks like middle school aged boys on their phones. 

"Hey, move it." He boredly says, hands in his pocket. What the does he think he's doing? 

"Yah! Who do you think you are? They sat there first." I said going over to them. 

"Oh, no. It's fine. We were going to move anyway." One of the boys said standing up immediately. He looked over at his friend and pulled him up. 

"No, don't. Just sit there. You don't have to move just because this bully over here wants to sit there." I said ushering them to sit back down. Come on, be a man and defend yourself!

"Are you planning to get up or what? My friend needs to rest her legs." Hanbin warns taking his hands out of his pocket. 

"Ah! Yes, come on!" The other boy squealed. They both hurriedly gathe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter