Dad?

Crazy Rich Idol

 

Chapter 1: Dad?


 

Hyuk stood in the middle of the stage taking all the view in as he scanned the area for VIXX’s first concert. It was unbelievable how just a few years ago they were this unknown group of boys who debuted, but now they were here on their own.

 

“It’s not sinking in” N, their leader, points out, obviously holding his tears in.

 

Hyuk saw this as a perfect opportunity to , “don’t cry, your wrinkles would show” N immediately makes a face and jokingly tries to hit Hyuk. The two then ran around the stage as their members watched. When they began rehearsing, they began to look serious, of course they would, this was their line of work.

 

“Is your parents coming to see you?” Hongbin asked Hyuk as soon as he sits down on one of the sofas backstage. Hyuk almost choked, he has never let any of s find out who his parents were nor did he ever tell them he was from a well-off family.

 

“Y-Yeah, I guess” Hyuk placed his hands over his throat.

 

“That’s cool, we’ve never met them” Ken joins in on the conversation. Hyuk, now more uncomfortable than ever. He lets his hand run through the collar of his shirt, suddenly feeling his loose shirt choking him.

 

“Leo hyung is your family coming, too?” Ken asked their other groupmate who was busy typing on his phone.

 

“Of course they would, I forced them to by telling them I bought the tickets myself…” Hyuk doesn’t further listen to their conversation as he scans his phone, it was a message from one his clients for HGOC’s shipping line, Han2GO, it was a rather big importer who was planning on opening Korean Mart in the US. Then another message was from his father, ‘What time is the show?’. He couldn’t help, but feel excited. This wasn’t the first live performance he was going to watch of Hyuk, but this was the first time he wanted to be introduced to s.

 

‘They let you enter at 4pm, but the show won’t start until 7pm’ I replied back.

 

The next day came a lot faster than they expected, maybe because as soon as they got home, they all fell asleep from exhaustion. The next day carried on, the rehearsals to the preparation to the show proper to the ending. However, Hyuk was feeling kind of odd, he has not received any text messages from his parents or his older sister.

 

“Don’t you think you made us repeat the last song a bit too much” Ravi whines to N as soon as they get down from stage.

 

“Wasn’t it fun?” N walked towards the makeup artist to get his makeup removed, because it was splashed with water by the dancers while they were having fun on stage.

 

“Maybe for you! You were just sitting down!” Hongbin whines as he takes his wet shirt off and wipes his body.

 

Hyuk remained quiet on the side as he held unto his phone, there was no texts since yesterday, something was wrong. Then there was loud commotion outside, “I know the head of your managing company, so just let me pass through!” her voice was loud and clear enough to be heard even in the dressing room.

 

“Sorry, ma’am, we can’t--”

 

“It’s an emergency! And didn’t I tell you I’m Hyuk’s sister!” Hyuk’s heart dropped. He walks out of the door immediately and there soot Han Seunghee being held back by the bodyguards. “Sanghyuk!” as soon as he screamed her brother’s name, she began sobbing down to the floor.

 

“Noona, what’s wrong?” Hyuk immediately sat on the floor beside her, his other members were already at the hall watching Seunghee cry her eyes out.

 

“Dad” she was able to mutter this as she continues to cry so bad, she was shaking and that eerie feeling Hyuk had earlier came back as soon as Seunghee mentioned ‘dad’. “Was shot” this was the moment his heart dropped. Hyuk was in shock, it was as if the world suddenly stopped moving and his mind was suddenly empty, no thoughts or words filled his head.

 

“W-Where is he?” he was able to mutter it amongst all that shock.

 

“Our hospital, the one nearest to The Villas” with her mention of this staff began talking. The Villas was a popular exclusive place for the Han family members and the hospital closest to the The Villas was a hospital owned by the Han’s.

 

“We need to get going” Hyuk pulled her weak sister up and as soon as the guard were able to have a good look at her, she was wearing the same necklace as Hyuk was wearing around his neck.

 

Luckily, Seunghee went to the venue by a chauffeur of the household, so even if both Hyuk and Seunghee couldn’t drive he was there. The drive was filled with nothing but sobs from Seunghee and with Hyuk moving his hands to calm her down, but he himself wasn’t calm enough to face what they were about to see. As soon as they arrived at the venue, it seems like the press was already caught up with the news. Sanghyuk, with the little sense he had, took a mask and cap to cover his face and as soon as they walked out, no one seem to turned their heads because they were interested with the news that would come out.

 

Once they entered the emergency area, there they saw, their mother, he white dress stained with blood and a scar on her eyebrow, now covered with bandages. Hyuk immediately runs up to his mother and lifts her face to scan her scar. “Tell me what happened?” his voice sounded as if he was pleading to get an answer, but his face was pretending to be brave.

 

“Your father and I was abducted, we were on our way to the concert, we decided to eat before coming to the venue, but as soon as we left the establishment your father and I were--” his mother began sobbing continuously. Sanghyuk stood there frozen as he watched both his mother and sister cry uncontrollably.

 

They later calmed down, Hyuk gave them water to drink and he gave his mother the jacket he was wearing in order to cover the stains on her garment. When he calmed down he was able to hear the whole story from his mother, how after they got kidnapped they were asked for money, his father was set free to get the money and as he was about to hand the money, they took him instead and set free their mother. However, the kidnappers didn’t ask for anymore money, and only an hour after that, Sungjin walked out of the place as a car drove by the police, Jiwoo called and shot Sungjin. The blood stains on her dress was due to immediately running beside her husband as soon as he was shot.

 

Then outside, cameras began flashing, there then entered Taeoh, his father’s best friend. “Where is he?” he asked over the counter and the girl behind wasn’t even able to answer when he saw Sungjin’s family sitting there looking just as stressed as he was.

 

“What happened?” Taeoh asked he had tears in his eyes and Hyuk was weak from just hearing the story. However, he sat down then began telling of the incident. Once Hyuk finished, Taeoh felt weak in his knees and fell to the floor.

 

Then the door to operation room opens and there walked out a doctor with a sad look plastered on her face, Han Hyebin, Sungjin’s eldest sister,  walks out of the operating room with bloodshot eyes. “Ma’am, we tried our best to save him, but we couldn’t” the other doctor’s head was down and Hyebin’s tears kept on falling as the doctor told them of the news.

 

The halls were now only filled with mourning cries.

 

However, the next morning, Hyuk woke up in The Villas, in his old room, the people left to his father’s body was his mom, Taeoh and Hyebin. Hyuk scans his room, the same old room he grew up in, on the shelves various of books his father used as reference to teach him. On the side pictures of him and his father, then a ball his father gave him before, which he cannot seem to give away. All of the stuff here just reminded him of his father. Nothing was sinking in about how his father was gone now.

 

Later tonight was the second day of their concert, he can’t wrap around his head what needs to be done in order to pretend to be happy in front of people who just wants to see happiness on his face.