First Day In Jeju Island

Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s only an hour and 10 minutes plus our ride here at the house and yet I feel exhausted,” Suho said as he slumped down onto the bed.

Within seconds, his friend Xiumin followed inside the room.

“We’re roomies,” Xiumin said as he put his duffel bag on the other bed and walked towards the window. He opened the huge curtain and let the sun entered the room. He also unlocked the sliding door and the cold wind breezed inside the room. “Oh Wow! I love this weather. It's official! We're on a vacation.”

Suho squinted his eyes.

“Yeah, but you better not open this curtains early in the morning when I'm still sleeping, bro. The sun is a killer,” Suho said as he used his hand to block the sun rays.

“It’s a good thing Sehun’s family has a guest house. It would feel really awkward to live with his family in one house,” Xiumin said..

“True. Also, it gives us freedom to come and go as we please without worrying about his parents and grandparents seeing us,” Suho said as he turned his back from the window.

Just then Chanyeol entered the room. He was staying adjacent to theirs along with Kai. The house was smaller than the main house. It only had 3 rooms, a tiny kitchen, a small dining area and a huge space for living room and playroom. It was located near the cliff which was why Sehun’s family called it as ‘The Cliff House’ and the people from Seoul stay here for a short period of time when visiting the island. The only thing was that the guests should be someone they knew personally or, at least, in some ways connected to the family. Sehun told them that most of the time, his older brother’s friends from Seoul were the regular visitors of the guest house.

“Guys, Kai and I are thinking of heading out to the grocery store,” Chanyeol said as he walked towards the balcony. “Whoa! Loved the view here. Ours isn’t good. We can only see the main house from our window.”

“Eh, this is our room. No intruders,” Xiumin joked as he jumped onto his bed and laughed.

“Why do you want to go to the grocery?” Suho asked.

“We need food. You know…just in case we get hungry at night. I mean, I’m pretty sure Sehun’s mom will cook for us but if we get hungry, I don’t think it would be nice to raid their fridge at night,” Chanyeol said as he sat next to Suho.

“Ah, good thinking,” Suho agreed as he closed his eyes.

“Don’t forget, we also need to stock beers and that won’t sit well with Sehun’s parents, I think,” Xiumin interjected.

“What won’t sit well with my parents?” Sehun asked as he entered the room, carrying his backpack.

“Beers and junk foods. I heard your mom is about eating healthy all the time,” Xiumin told him.

Sehun sighed.

“Yeah, that’s true. She’s into this organic stuff that even my dad and brother hate. They often eat out together before meal if they know my mom is going to cook something, uh, too healthy, to be delicious,” Sehun informed them. “But no worries, I made sure that we will have good food in our entire stay here. I just need to buy them myself so my mom has no choice but to cook it.”

“Then good, we’re going to the grocery now,” Kai said as he entered the room as well. “You guys have the best view here. Why the heck didn’t you give us this room, Sehun?”

“Hey, don’t blame me. These guys went up here fast,” Sehun defended.

“What does your room looks like?” Chanyeol asked then he looked at Kai and the 2 ran out of the room to check the last door near the bathroom in the 2nd floor.

“Sehun, you ! You have the best view as well!” Kai shouted from the other room.

Xiumin, Suho and Sehun laughed as the 2 started talking nonsense of how they were so unlucky picking the wrong side.

“We better go. Those 2 will start bantering on who picked the wrong room first if we don’t interfere,” Suho said as he got up from the bed and checked his wallet. It wasn’t with him. He searched his jeans. “Where the is my wallet?”

Xiumin whistled and showed him his black credit card. He waved at him.

“Give me that, you jerk!”

“You don’t need a wallet. Since I’ve known you, you never carry cash with you. All you need is this,” Xiumin said as he twirled the card.

“Give me that,” Suho said as he snatched it from his friend’s hand. “How did you get this?”

“I took it from you at the airport to pay for a drink. I got thirsty when we landed,” Xiumin said nonchalantly.

“Ah…next time pay your own food,” Suho said to his friend.

“No way! Why did I make friends with you, rich boy, if you’re not going to treat me all the time?” Xiumin joked as they laughed.

“We better go, guys,” Sehun said as he stood and went to his room. “You 2, get out of my room.”

“Let’s go, guys. We’re burning daylight!” Suho shouted as he and Xiumin went downstairs followed by Kai, Chanyeol and Sehun.

Meanwhile back in Jeju International Airport, the 4 girls arrived and they were waiting for their car outside.

Lisa raised his hands and yawned.

“I so love the cold wind here!”

“Me too,” Rose said as she pulled her luggage behind her. “This will be an awesome summer.”

“Your sister is the best, Rose,” Jennie said as she stood next to them along with Jisoo. “She even arranged for a private car to pick us here. All we ever did is packed our bags and rode the plane here. No worries. Nothing to do.”

“That’s true,” Lisa agreed. “I’m really glad we did this.”

Lisa, Rose and Jennie automatically looked at Jisoo after that. She was still quiet just as when they left Seoul. She was looking around but not joining the conversation. The 3 started to worry about their friend. Jennie held Jisoo’s arm to catch her attention. Jisoo turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter