Chapter 1

What’s Tasty in Busan?

Jimin swirls the liquid in his glass, staring at it, as it settles,

“Penny for your thoughts?”

Jimin sighs, looking up from his glass, “When do you get out?” he asks, his friend, Sungwoon, who works as a bartender at Octagon, a highly exclusive private club geared towards High Society people.

“Why? Bored?” 

“No, I can’t sleep,” he says, adjusting his glasses.

“Worried?”

Jimin sighs, getting lost in his thoughts. He was not worried, just restless, in a couple of days, the shooting of his drama was about to begin and to top it off tomorrow, the magazine, The Star’s series of ranking the most handsome man was out in the store. He didn’t care much for the magazine but being ranked as Busan’s iest Man Alive was something he looked forward to since he held the title for five years.

“You shouldn’t worry about it,” says Sungwoon.

“What?”

“The magazine ranking,” he says, “It’s not important.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” says Jimin, picking up his glass and gulping the drink down. He exhales, getting up from the stool,

“I’m not worried about that,” says Jimin, “I’ll absolutely be Busan’s iest Man Alive, five years and running.”

“Aren’t you like the only super famous Busan actor?” teases Sungwoon.

Jimin laughs, “Whatever, I’ll see you tomorrow.” 

“Breakfast tomorrow?

“Sure, why not?” he replies walking out.

***

The morning was a soothing lavender and amber, the spreading sunrise woke the city, and the highways were packed with cars, it was a busy Sunday Morning. Jimin adjusts his glasses as he waits for Sungwoon to meet him at their usual café, Myoll Café. A few tables from him, he can hear the conversations of the couples, it sparked his interest when heard his name. The girl was fangirling over him, a fan, he smiles as her boyfriend seemed annoyed by the way he was dismissing her, telling her to eat her food first.

“Oh,” says the girl, “Oppa’s not ranked the Busan’s iest Man Alive, anymore.” Jimin takes off his glasses,

What is she talking about?

“That magazine is rigged, of course, he is not going to be ranked Busan iest Man Alive five times, who took his place?” replies the man.

 Jimin’s fingers curls in a fist, who aside from him would hold that title? He listens attentively,

“It’s that new boy I keep hearing about, Jeon Jungkook,” she says, “Wow, he is hot!”

Jeon Jungkook? Who the hell is that?

“Hey,” says Sungwoon, walking towards him, “Sorry for making you wait.” Jimin takes off his glasses, frowning, wondering if what he heard is true? How could he lose his rank?

“Hello?”

“What?”

“Are you okay?” says Sungwoon, “You seem a little pale.”

“Look, I’m fine,” says Jimin. 

“Okay, did you order already?”

“No, I was waiting for you,” he says.

 

After ordering their breakfast, they exchange glances as Jimin frowned upon hearing the news of the ranking. Sungwoon smiles, clearing his throat,

“So, you saw the ranking?”

Jimin stares at him, “What makes you care about that? I don’t mind giving a nobody a chance to shine.”

“See that’s the spirit,” says Sungwoon, “Humble as always, aren’t you?”

 

Jimin rolls his eyes, he was not about to show anyone that he was bothered by a newbie stealing his throne, he was curious just who this new Busan celebrity was? He has never heard of him, which makes it worse.

He clenches his fist and jaw.

How can a nobody be ranked Busan’s iest Man Alive?

 

***

Jimin wore black pant, yellow strip t-shirt with a black blazer, a double between looking cute and professional, as usual. His style has always been something he liked being in control in, as he was also known for being a fashion icon due to his duality. He was on his way to the first meeting for the Korean drama, Secrets of The Smeraldo Flower. He spent a couple of days on the internet because of the ranking, his fans had his back with compliments but there is an ugly side to each story.

“So, did you read the script?” asks his manager, Namjoon.

“No,” says Jimin.

“Wait—you didn’t!” exclaims, Namjoon, almost stepping on the brake, “The meeting is today.”

“Don’t worry, I skimmed through it,” he says, “I really don’t understand it but- “

“Well, you didn’t read it?” says Namjoon, exhaling loudly, “It’s fine, you’ll do fine as always.” 

 

Kim Namjoon is his manager but was more of an older brother to Jimin than a manager, he is two years older than him but is known as one of the successful youngest manager and talent recruiter in the industry. They have been together since Jimin’s first move at the age of eighteen, and Namjoon, twenty was working as an assistant.

 

As they entered the building, Jimin turns to Namjoon with a smile, “I’m gonna go use the bathroom.”

“Ya, Jimin-ah,” says Namjoon, grabbing his arm, “No one cares about the ranking, so let just go to the meeting.”

“I don’t care about it either,” says Namjoon, shaking off his hand, “I’m just going to use the bathroom, I’ll see in the room.”

Jimin gives him a huge grin, walking away.

 

He opens the door, slamming it shut behind him, he clenches his fists,

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!” he screams, he exhales, feeling relieved as all the tension evaporate with the screams.

He turns around to splash his face with water and his eyes widen when he sees someone standing in the bathroom, he was so angry, he didn’t even check to see if there was someone in the bathroom before screaming like a maniac.

 

The guy stood still, surprised as he stares at Jimin. He was handsome, with light brown hair. His large doe eyes stood out the most but not exclusively so, his thick eyebrows raised as he curiously stares at Jimin, probably wondering if he was a psycho or something. Jimin gulps, embarrassed, he has never seen him around the company before, not that he pays attention to the people working at the company. His eyes scan him from head to toe, he wore black ripped jeans, a black t-shirt, and a black leather jacket. His eyes go back to his face, his mouth dropping open when he recognizes him, the image of Busan’s iest Man Alive becoming clear as he stares at him,

“Jeon Jungkook!” he exclaims, “No way! What in the world are you doing here?”

 

The guy’s face lightens up as he recognized who was standing in front of him, a smile taking over his face, his eyes sparkled as he takes a step towards Jimin, who was frozen, unable to believe it. The twenty-two-year-old upcoming actor that stole his throne was now standing in front of him, after witnessing him screaming like a crazy person. How could he let his guard down, all the times he worked on building the perfect image.

“Jimin-hyung,” says the boy, “Oh my god, it’s really you, oh wow, I can’t believe it.” 

Jimin stares at him baffled, not sure of what was happening, frozen.

 

What’s going on? How does he know me? of course, he knows me, who wouldn’t? Hyung? Who the is he addressing as hyung? Who the does he think he is? What is he doing here?

“I’m Jeon Jungkook,” says the boy, extending his hand. Jimin glances at his hand and back at him, something changed, when he was silent, there was a strong male aura, rogue and the leather jacket made him look like a bad boy but now with a large grin plastered smile on his face, he looked like a teenager who saw his favorite idol, a child.

“I thought hyung was kidding when he said we’re gonna work together but I can- “

Jimin chuckles, “I’m sorry, what did you just say?” he says interrupting him.

“We’re going to work together,” repeats Jungkook, excited. Jimin froze, not registering the words Jungkook just repeated. Work together? Work together? What does he mean work together?