Chapter 2

What’s Tasty in Busan?

Jimin sat across Jungkook, arms and legs crossed, still in shock. Destiny must be laughing at him. For four years he held the title of Busan’s iest Man Alive, and now his throne was stolen by a newcomer, leather wearing boy who has only been in the industry for a few years. And even worse, he is now being forced to see him every day at work. Oblivious, he was staring, Jungkook catches his gaze, giving him a soft smile. Jimin forces himself to return the smile, he had worked too hard in this show business to let a boy ruin his reputation.

“Okay, let’s start the first meeting for Secrets of The Smeraldo Flower,” says the producer, “Oh, we can first please hear from our main actor, Jimin.”

Jimin spacing out did not hear his name being mention, Namjoon slightly elbows him. Jimin turns to him, “What?”

“The producer-nim asked you to say a few words,” whispers Namjoon. Jimin looks up to see faces with smiles staring at him. He smiles back, standing up, he takes a deep breath,

“Since this is our first time working together for some us, let’s do our best. I look forward to working with everyone” he says, with the warmest and excited smile.

“Whoa!” exclaims some female and male staffs, dazzled by him.

“You are even more beautiful in person,” exclaims a female staff.

“Looks like you have some fans here as well,” teases the producer, “alright, let’s get the meeting started.”

 

The meeting took an hour, Jimin was glad, he just wanted to go home and scream or something.

“We start shooting on Monday. I’m counting on everyone,” says the producer, ending the meeting.

Jimin gets up, glancing at Jungkook chatting with the lead actress, Yoo Jeongyeon. He knew her very well, they debuted together and won many awards as a couple, but they hated each other. She always gave him attitude and acted like she was somehow better than him. He sighs, walking out, this has to be the worst film he has worked on, he hated the second lead actor and the lead actress. God must have some twisted sense of humor.

 

“So, what do you think?” asks Namjoon, as they walk to the car.

“About what?”

“Jeon Jungkook, he is an interesting kid, right?”

“Psst, yes as interesting as stepping into dog ,” he replies, glaring at Namjoon, “Why didn’t you tell me that bastard is playing the second lead?”

“Well, I assumed you read the script,” says Namjoon, “The names are there.”

“You’re my manager, aren’t you supposed to keep mentally sane?”

“No, I’m supposed to make sure you don’t screw up, you have mental issues go see your psychiatrist.”

“Namjoon,” calls a voice from behind them. They stop and turn around, Jimin freezes when he sees Jungkook, Jeongyeon walking along with their managers.

“Seokjin-hyung,” says Namjoon.

“You guys left quickly, we didn’t have time to chat,” says Seokjin, Jungkook’s manager. Not fast enough.

“Oh, sorry,” says Namjoon, chuckling.

“It’s alright,” says Seokjin, “Wow, this is an honor, to be working alongside you has been Jungkook’s dream, you know.”

oh great, he is also a fan. Jimin chuckles, nervously.

“We’re going to grab lunch,” says Jungkook, “Jimin-hyung, want to join us?” Jimin chuckles, as everyone stares at him, awaiting his answer. He gulps, he did not want anything to do with him or Jeongyeon but how would it make him look if he rejects his invitation.

“Oh, actually Jimin has an event to attend right now but maybe some other time.”

“Oh, okay,” says Jungkook, disappointed.

“Right,” says Jimin, relieved, “Maybe some other time.”

 

***

Jimin sits on the chair, staring at Sungwoon who was making lunch.

“So, are you going to tell me how the meeting went?”

“It’s meeting what do you expect?”

“No, I mean tell me about Jungkook, do you like him?”

Jimin glares at him, “No, he is incredibly annoying, and do you know what his manager said.”

“What?”

“He is a fan of me,” says Jimin, scoffing as he clenches his fist.

“That’s a good thing, isn’t it?”

“Why would that be a good thing?” says Jimin, “Now I have no choice but to be nice to him.”

“Well, he is a fan that means he admires you at some level,” says Sungwoon.

“Well, I don’t need it,” says Jimin, “They can all go to hell.”

Sungwoon laughs, shaking his head, “Going out tonight?”

Jimin sighs, “No, sorry, I’m not in the mood.”

“It’s alright,” says Sungwoon, “But if you change your mind, a couple of us are getting together at a club, join us.”

“Thanks, I’m hungry when is the food going to be done.”

“Didn’t realize I was your personal chef.”

Jimin laughs.

“Hey,” says Sungwoon, “Don’t let it get to you okay, it’s just a magazine looking for drama.”

“I know,” says Jimin, pouting, “I’m not a child.”

“Really? And here I thought you were,” mocks Sungwoon, laughing.

 

As the night came, Jimin spent the day, reading the script and skimming through it. Secrets of The Smeraldo (Emerald) Flower is a historical film set during Goryeo Dynasty and is loosely based on the reign of Gongmin of Goryeo (1330–1374). A controversial story about the characters' violation of royal family protocol and their pursuit of love.

“A love triangle huh?” he says, skimming through the script. He sighs, tossing it aside. His stomach growled. He caresses his stomach, he was busy reading the script that he forgot to make dinner. Feeling lazy, he gets up and deciding to go to the convenience store near his apartment.

He changes into gray sweat pants and a black hoodie, despite being summer, it still got cold in the night, and aside from the weather, Jimin hated dressing up outside of work. He built a reputation as a fashion icon and he is willing to do anything to keep it that way, hence the glasses and hat. He knew it was work having to display a different image when he is in private versus in public, but he was accustomed to it already. People and fans already perceive him as a humble, y and neat person but the reality he has a childlike mentally pouts easily when things don’t go his way.

 

Jimin pays the cashier and grabs his stuff, as he heads outside, he opens an ice cream. His mind elsewhere as he exits, that is, until after he crashed into someone. His ice cream fell from his hands, landing on the ground in front of a tall figure wearing, black and white sneakers. He followed their length from bottom to top to encounter a face he did not want to see.

“Jungkook!” he exclaims jumping back. Jungkook, eyes wide stares at him, dumbfounded, silent as his eyes checked Jimin from top to bottom, confused. Jimin froze, horrified, no one he knew aside from Sungwoon and Namjoon has ever seen in this way, messy hair, sweat pants with a sweater large enough to swallow him. He takes a step back speechless as Jungkook continued staring at him.

Runaway no he will think I am a freak. Play it of Jimin, play it off. Why does it have to be him of all people?

Jungkook’s shocked face instantly turned as he burst out laughing, Jimin frowns, clenching his bag.

“What the hell is so funny!” Jimin clenches his teeth as Jungkook continued laughing, speaking incoherent, holding his stomach. Annoyed Jimin, walks past him, nudging his shoulder,

“Jimin-hyung,” says Jungkook, walking towards him, still chuckling, “Sorry, it was rude of me to laugh.”

Jimin ignores him, still walking, “Hey,” says Jungkook, grabbing his wrist, gentle yet strong enough to stop him from walking away. Jimin shocked, stares at the hand holding his wrist, Jungkook’s grip was light but Jimin found himself froze at the audacity that this kid is comfortable enough to touch him.

Jungkook clears his throat, “Sorry, you dropped your ice cream, let me buy you another one.”

Jimin clenches his fingers, locking eyes with him, angry,

“Let go,” he says, softly.

“Huh?”

“in’ let go of my hand!”

Startled, Jungkook lets go of his hand, surprised, unable to fake it anymore, Jimin glares at him. He never wanted to show this side to anyone, the ugly side, the rude and childlike behavior of his that he hides from the world because people only care about those who smile elegantly with no worries. Jimin walks away without uttering a word, leaving him baffled. Who the hell does he think he is grabbing my wrist like that?