1/1

Too Bad at Goodbyes

Jimin didn't know why he didn't noticed it before. 

When Yoongi always just tipped his head to the side, smiled, or just nod his head. But never waved his hand or even uttered the word 'goodbye' whenever they part. It was a small thing that could easily have been missed but this is Yoongi, Jimin never misses any detail about him. He knows every little thing about his hyung; how he doesn't like morning classes, likes his morning americano inside his tumbler rather than in the cafe's cup and how he likes getting his hair when he's taking a nap on Jimin's lap.

But when they met up last week, Jimin never got anything from the elder when they parted at the bus stop. He didn't nod, he didn't tipped his head, he didn't even smile. And it bothered Jimin. Because Jimin was leaving for Tokyo and it's been a week and Yoongi hasn't talked to him since. It drove Jimin crazy thinking if he said anything, did something but he couldn't think of anything he did or say. And maybe that's why, his brain supplies. You didn't do or say anything that's why he's upset. Should he have done something? Should he have said something? Jimin's going insane.

He checks his phone for the nth time that night. He's been texting and calling Yoongi for the past week; asking him to meet up, to spend some time together, saying he misses him and he's leaving tomorrow night, can't Yoongi just answer the phone?

To: Grump-Gi hyung :*

Hyung, wanna eat by the cafe by lunch? My treat!
(sent 8:41pm)

To: Grump-Gi hyung :*

Hyung, let's eat tomorrow before I go?
(sent 8:58pm)

To: Grump-Gi hyung :*

So I was thinking
If I drive to the airport I'll have to leave my car there
But if I take a cab traffic's gonna be hell
So maybe
You can drive me to the airport instead
???
(sent 9:14pm)

To: Grump-Gi hyung :*

Seriously hyung you're my only hope
You cant let taetae drive me
I'll die
And you wont like that
You'll miss your fave dongsaeng
I know you will
Please drive me to the airport ;;
(sent 9:37pm)

To: Grump-Gi hyung :*

I'll come by your place by 3
Then drive me to the airport
(sent 10:42pm)

Jimin's not going anywhere without seeing Yoongi. Jimin never realized it but he feels good seeing Yoongi. After a stressful day at school, he'd always message him and getting a simple reply from the elder always cheered him up. Jimin never understood what it all meant, never bothered to check his feelings because it's Yoongi, whatever he's feeling shouldn't be considered bad. Yoongi is Yoongi and Yoongi is Jimin's battery, charging his mood and his energy. That description could have given away what he truly feels but Jimin doesn't care, he doesn't care because he's going crazy because he's Yoongi-deprived for the past week. 

For the past week, all he's ever done is think about the elder. Even when he's supposed to be packing, he thinks about Yoongi. Even when he's supposed to be checking on Jungkook if the younger is ready, he thinks about Yoongi. Even when he's supposed to say goodbye to his own family, he thinks about Yoongi. The lack of Yoongi in his life for a week had Jimin realizing what a year without him would feel like, how would it hurt like?

He swallows that forming lump in his throat because no, Jimin's not gonna lose Yoongi. He's just moving away to study, not to end their unidentifiable-no-steady-ground "friendship" or whatever place he has in Yoongi's life. Even if moving away meant losing every chance of showering and pouring Yoongi the affection he deserves, Jimin's not gonna act like it's the end of the world for them. What matters now is that he needs a goodbye hug from his hyung to last him a year without him. After that, he can start moping on how he's gonna miss him but let's not get to that part yet.

Jimin woke up right on time for lunch. He grabbed his meal and texted Jungkook, asking to just meet the younger by the airport at least an hour before boarding time.

From: Giant Baby ^^

I thought you said you'll come with me in Seokjinnie-hyung's ride?

To: Giant Baby ^^

Sorry kook I just need to stop by somewhere
I'll meet you at the airport
Text me if you need anything
And tell Jinnie-hyung sorry too

From: Giant Baby ^^

Ok =3=
I'm eating the kimbap he made for you!!! >:)

Jimin rings the doorbell to Yoongi's apartment 15mins passed 3pm. He still has time to talk to Yoongi before the meet-up with Jungkook but he's all jittery, jumping on the balls of his feet and fixing his hair underneath his hoodie. He keeps adjusting his backpack too, pulling the straps in a nervous manner. He's not entirely sure why he feels like this when he always go to Yoongi's place. Maybe the whole week without seeing him really messed up Jimin's head and body.

"Hey Jiminnie!" Hoseok opens the door wide and welcomes him with a warm hug. It feels nice but it would have been nicer if it was Yoongi's. Jimin doesn't say it though. "What's with the huge bag? And what's the luggage bag for, you going somewhere?"

"Yeah," Jimin breaks from the embrace and returns the 10,000 watts smile of jung Hoseok. "I'm moving to Tokyo with Jungkook. We're going to study there for a year. I told Yoongi hyung about it, I was half-expecting you'd know about it too?"

Suddenly, Hoseok's smile drops and his eyebrows raise and hid themselves behind his crazy cool red hair. "Did you happen to tell him that about a week ago?"

"Yeah?"

Hoseok sighs and his shoulder slumps. "That's why he's been moping."

"Moping? About what?"

Hoseok ushers him inside and takes his bag from him, settles them on the soft green sofa Yoongi loved sleeping on. Hoseok sighs again before speaking, "Try and talk to him. If he doesn't seem to be in the mood, just let him be. He's not really good at these type of situations."

"What situations?"

Hoseok just looks at him and nudges him towards the elder's room by the left side of the apartment. Jimin's steps feel a little heavy, a little unsure. He's been inside Yoongi's room before but seeing him after a week could give Jimin a bit of an overwhelming effect. Especially, now that he knew that Yoongi was "moping" about something, something that might have something to do with him. He just hopes he doesn't find the elder sleeping because that's gonna give him a ing heart attack; Yoongi's sleeping form isn't exactly very healthy for Jimin's poor heart.

When he opens the door, he's a little relieved and a little tensed to see that Yoongi is awake. He's in front of his computer, headphones on and oblivous to Jimin's presence as of yet. When the younger decides to sit on Yoongi's bed, exactly by the elder's left, Yoongi drops the headphones to his neck.

"What are you doing here?" his voice his hoarse from not using them for a while, he gets like that when he gets immersed in doing something and one of the most fascinating things about it is that it makes Jimin's knees weak. Thank god he's sitting. "Aren't you supposed to be on your way to the airport by now?"

"Yeah but you're driving me there, remember?"

"I never agreed to that,"

"Yeah well you never really declined it so," Jimin tries to play it cool, tries to be patient but all he wants to get a hug from his hyung. And so he asks, "Plus, you owe me a goodbye hug."

"A what."

"A goodbye hug."

"For what."

"For saying goodbye?" Jimin says it softly, because Yoongi's expression has turned irritated, almost angry even. Maybe the word triggers him and Jimin has to ask. "You didn't say goodbye the last time we met last week. No smile, no wave, no anything. In fact, you've never even done it since I met you. You just... I don't know. You just don't say goodbye everytime we part."

"What's the point," he says it harshly but Jimin knows better to not take his hyung's tone to heart. He always never means it that way. "I know I'll still be able to see you the next day. Why bother."

"Because this time you won't," Jimin says and he couldn't help that sadness that sipped into his tone. He's sure Yoongi heard it because there was a flash of sadness in his eyes for just a fraction of a second before it's replaced with something cut-short from anger.

"What," he spat. "I thought you said you were gonna be there for just a year? Why are you aksing for a goodbye when you're gonna be back anyway!? Unless, you're not planning on coming back?"

"What!" Jimin goes all-out defensive. How could Yoongi think that way!? Even a week without hearing anything from him almost drove Jimin mad, "What makes you think I'd do that!?"

"Oh I don't know," they're yelling now and Jimin doesn't like the way where this is going. "Because you're moving away to study with that huge kid to somewhere I can't go to, and you practically talked about it a lot before and it sounded like you really wanted to leave."

"I want to go there, Yoongi," Jimin presses on. "Not because I want to leave but because I want to go there. Is it so hard to ask for a temporary farewell from you? I just wanted a goddamn hug but instead I was fired with words,"

"Temporary?" Yoongi has lowered hsi voice now, his eyes dropping and now he's looking at Jimin through his eyelashes. There's a little hope in his voice like he wants Jimin to tell the truth but scared to believe in it. 

"Yes," Jimin almost shouts it. "I just wanted a hug that will last me a year without you so I could survive,"

The words just flew right out of Jimin's mouth accompanied by a pout. The shouting had somehow drained him and his ability to think before he speak but he's said it and it's out and he's blushing and so is Yoongi that has a small smirk on his face.

"Alright then,"

"Alright what--"

Then he's encased in a tight hug, Yoongi stood up in between Jimin's legs and cradled the younger's head in his chest. Jimin inhales gulps of air that smelled all of Yoongi, making sure to stick them into memory so he could remember it for a year. Jimin holds him by the waist as tightly and for a moment they were like that without moving.

"Sorry," Yoongi mutters, mussling the hair that came out of Jimin's hoodie. "I'm not really good at goodbyes."

"You don't have to be," Jimin smiles and Yoongi can feel it in his chest. "Because it's better that way than the other way around."

Yoongi chuckles. "Promise we'll never be good at it?"

Jimin nods his head without a beat later.
 

Jungkook has been rolling his eyes for the past hour and Seokjin might actually be concerned for his little brother's vision if the new couple aren't so embarrassingly gross in front of them.

Yoongi sees them and laughs heartily, "Okay love, I think that's enough hugs to last you more than a year."

"No," Jimin pouts but Yoongi kisses it away. They part soon after. "Can I also get a year supply of that?"

"SERIOUSLY!" Jungkook explodes and everyone bursts out laughing.

The amount of hugs from the airport weren't enough to last a year of course. But the amount of messages, calls, video chats, I love you's and virtual kisses got Jimin through the whole year. And by the time they went home, he got his one year supply of kisses in just about one night.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**

hello 2019 lol

hope to write more this year and eventually finish my ongoing one, it's been stuck for years and for that I am deeply sorry