Raindrops

Raindrops

His warm chuckle hit the nape of your neck, and he took the chance to nestle in a little cozier, his chin sneakily landing on your shoulder. He sighed in content and took some time to simply watch the same scenery as you before drawing his own conclusion.

“Too bad. I don’t miss the outside world at all.”

There was a sense of understandable exhaustion in his voice, and that alone made you tangle your fingers into his hair and brush through it a few times reassuringly. You knew that while he was young, had the power and the abilities and opportunities to do so, he had to go and conquer as much of the world as he could, at any given chance. But you simply couldn’t help but wish that he’d be here more often. Home, giving himself a rest every now and then. Life was full of cliches and on most occasions his was overworking himself.

“At least I have an excuse to, like.. Sleep all day and stuff,” Daehyun’s voice was somewhat pouty and you chuckled at that. Being lazy every now and then always brought a sense of comfort, didn’t it?

“Or to cuddle up to a certain somebody.”

“As if you ever need an excuse for that,” you immediately dismissed his statement and proved it wrong, but he didn’t even seem mad about any of that. Instead, his lips softly pressed against the side of your neck and he left a few taunting kisses there before burying his nose in that same spot, breathing in your scent for just a moment and letting silence hang over your heads.

There were so many days in a lifetime and he certainly didn’t spend enough of those with you, or at least it didn’t feel like he did. But he loved you. He loved you so much, for being there, for being understanding, for being every sort of compassionate.. Daehyun felt his grip around your waist tightening even though he knew he didn’t have to do that, it’s not like you’d leave anytime soon. And still, he wanted you to know that he did want you to stay, for as long as you could. Moments like these were rare, but every time they occurred he swore himself to make them more frequent.

His final conclusion came in a mumble, followed by long, comfortable, peaceful silence that was only interrupted by the sound of raindrops hitting glass.

“If it would be up to me, it would never stop pouring.”