storms and the calm

two plus two

Doctor Young rubbed Junghee’s hands as Minho’s splashed cool water on her face. She came to pretty quickly but was still dazed. 

 

“I’m...” she stuttered before falling silent. 

 

“I recommend a couple days of bed rest, your body is also going through a lot” the Doctor offered. 

 

“How is this even possible” Junghee was mostly pondering the question herself. 

 

“Well it’s rare but if a rut aligns with the beginning of your period, it is very likely to become pregnant” 

 

Minho sheepishly offered Junghee a bottle of water, helping the alpha sit up so she could take in everything that was going on. 

 

Seon Yul was staring between her parents, before deciding she was still too sleepy to care. The toddler threw her head onto Minho’s shoulder again, babbling to herself as she drifted off again.

 

-

 

They drove home in silence, they both knew they’d have to discuss it eventually but neither knew what to say. 

 

“So what do you want for dinner today” Minho asked as he drummed his hands against his steering wheel. 

 

Junghee shrugged half heartedly in response “I don’t really care I’m not hungry” 

 

“You know you have to eat right?” 

 

Junghee huffed in annoyance at the response. 

 

“Oh look whose moody now” Minho teased. 

 

“Worry about yourself” Junghee bit back at the omega. 

 

Minho was stunned by how cold Junghee’s tone was. The omega sank further into the drivers seat, keeping himself occupied with getting them home safely. 

 

-

When they got home the alpha went straight to bed, taking the sleeping Seon Yul with her. 

 

Minho sighed, picking up their jackets to hang them up. 

 

Minho couldn’t read Junghee’s mind he didn’t know what it was that was causing the alpha anguish. 

 

The omega busied himself with tidying up and catching up on his chores before Seon Yul woke up from her nap and started wrecking havoc again. 

 

He started by talking Roo for a walk, hoping it would give him an opportunity to clear his head. Then he would bathe Roo and maybe dry her fur and wrap her up warm because she hated winter almost more than Minho himself did. 

 

Just as Minho was getting ready to leave a tired looking Junghee came down the stairs. 

 

“We need to talk” She said curtly. 

 

“I’m taking Roo for a walk. Can we talk when I get back?” Minho asked cautiously. 

 

“Fine. Whatever” replied the alpha. 

 

-

 

Minho inhaled the fresh air, letting the cold air wash over him. Him and Roo walked quickly, they both hated the cold. 

 

It was so quiet, the Han river frozen solid, snow covering most of the ground. 

 

Junghee loves the snow, and Minho did too, it reminded him of their first kiss. It reminded him of their first time together, Junghee snuggled up against Minho as he ran his fingers through her hair. They had both watched the snow fall together. It had been the first time that Minho had given himself to an alpha that way.

 

Minho lets out a whine of despair. There’s a part of him that’s really happy at the prospect of being a dad again but he doesn’t know where Junghee’s heart or head is. It worries him and he’s not sure he’s ready for what she has to say either.

 

Minho ignores the pit of anxiety in his stomach as he breaks into a power walk. Roo struggles to keep up on her tiny legs but manages well enough. 

 

She tires quickly so Minho ends up carrying her home but at least she got her exercise. 

 

-

 

Seon Yul is sitting in her high chair, bouncing happily as Junghee spoons some rice into . 

 

Junghee giggles at the little girl, she’s been such a ball of sunshine since she woke up. At first Junghee had been confused when she felt the little girl crawling under the blankets and over her, but then she grabbed her face in her chubby hands she babbled away like she was actually having a conversation with Junghee as she flashed her a toothy grin. The alpha couldn’t believe this innocent sweet little angel was the one causing so much chaos around the house. 

 

Minho had arrived in the midst of Junghee and Seon Yul’s dinner date. His nose was red and he had Roo tucked under his armpit. 

 

“It is freezing out there” Minho complained with a pout. 

 

Junghee sheepishly offered him some of her ginger and lemon tea. Minho wrinkled his nose at it. He hated it. 

 

“Sit” the alpha said softly. 

 

Minho took a seat next to Seon Yul, pressing his cold hands against her cheeks. The toddler shrieked in irritation, swatting at Minho’s hands. 

 

Minho laughed at the little before dropping an apologetic kiss on her cheek. 

 

“Minho-yah this baby I-“ 

 

“Before you say anything, I will support any decision you make. If you don’t feel like this something you can go through with it’s fine” Minho uttered the words quickly. 

 

“I’m glad you support my decision because you’re the one whose going to rubbing my back and ankles, dealing with my mood swings and oh holding my leg up when I’m pushing this baby out” Junghee smirked. 

 

Minho paled. The memories of his own pregnancy coming rushing back. 

 

“I-I-I’m.....I need to lie down” Minho said, eyes wide. 

 

Junghee laughed, the omega never failed to amuse her. 

 

“Come on it wasn’t that bad” Junghee giggled. 

 

Minho’s expression went blank. The omega pulled his top down “Here’s were Seon Yul bit me yesterday because I tried to put her down for a nap. Do I need to her show you my caesarean scar?” Minho rambled on. 

 

“Is it really her fault or mine that you’re fun to mess with?” Junghee teased, poking at Minho’s cheek. 

 

“Betrayed by my own wife and daughter” Minho sniffled, holding his hand against his chest feigning hurt. 

 

“M-m-mama” Seon Yul yelled out. 

 

Junghee and Minho’s eyes both widened at the same time. 

 

“Did she just speak?” Minho jumped out of his chair to stand in front of Seon Yul. 

 

“Mama” she spoke again, giggling as she flung some rice at Minho. 

 

“I think she things you’re mama” Junghee laughed. 

 

Minho pouted again. “I really carried her for 9 month and was in labour for 3 hours for this betrayal” 

 

“Da” Seon Yul called out. 

 

“Never mind. Betrayal cancelled” Minho said, he smiled wide as he lifted the little girl out of her chair. 

 

He lifted her in the air bringing her down for a kiss. “Aigoo my child” Minho cooed, smothering her face with kisses until she fussing to be let down. 

 

They’d be okay. Junghee had feeling that no matter what happened next, that they’d be okay. She’d always have her little family with her. 

 

Junghee giggled to herself as she stood up, she stood in front of Minho, taking the omega into a hug by a gentle hand on his waist. They both sandwiched Seon Yul into a hug. 

 

The toddler shrieked in annoyance, trying to wriggle onto the ground. But a little payback was always fun. 

 

Eventually the duo let the little girl onto the floor so they could properly embrace each other. 

 

Junghee felt safe in Minho’s arms, she pulled back from him with a wide smile on her face before she took him by a gentle hand behind his neck guiding him into a chaste kiss, and then another and then another. 

 

It wasn’t until they had the clatter of cutlery colliding with floor did they pull back. 

 

They found Seon Yul trying to crawl out from under the dining table cover with an innocent look on her face. 

 

“It’s going to be a long year” Minho mused as bent down to scope the troublesome toddler up.