not the same you

two plus two

Seon Yul was happily crawling around, and Minho was keeping an eye on her and folding laundry at the same time. 

Now that the toddler had found her footing she was always getting into trouble, small things from chasing poor Roo around to big mischief like hiding under the dining table. Much like Minho, she too was a small ball of energy and she loved havoc. 

Minho’s so occupied with trying to find one of Seon Yul’s socks that he doesn’t notice the little girl crawling between his legs to tug at the clothes basket in front of him until all the neatly folded clothes are on the floor. 

Minho rubs a hand down his face, he looks at the toddler ready to yell but she gives him a little giggle and he just brushes it off, opting the little girl into his arms instead. 

 

“Aren’t you ready for nap time yet?” Minho asks as her secures his daughter on one hip and the clothes basket on his other. 

 

He carries them both out of the laundry room and into the kitchen, depositing Seon Yul in her high chair and the basket on the island. In his rough calculation he has about 5 minutes max before the toddler starts fussing to be let down. 

 

Minho makes quick work of refolding the clothes, before Seon Yul is babbling loudly and kicking chubby legs. 

 

Minho loves his daughter but the way she kicks her legs remind him of the awful nights where she would keep kicking at his bladder. 

 

Just as Minho puts down Junghee’s sweater, the alpha herself appears in the living room. He must’ve not heard her come in over Seon Yul’s fussing. 

 

Junghee crosses the kitchen heading straight for Seon Yul, taking the fussy toddler onto the floor so she can roam the kitchen. 

 

“Jungheeee” Minho whines. 

 

“What” she replies, blinking innocently. 

 

“I just got her to sit down for a bit” Minho whines again. 

 

“She’s a toddler let her have her fun” the alpha shrugs, content in chasing the little girl around. 

 

“You’re not the one who has to rub her legs or deal with her tired temper tantrums” Minho deadpans. 

 

Junghee shots him a disappointed look. Minho just sighs. “That’s not what I meant..”

 

“Are you feeling okay?” Junghee questions, crossing the room to place a hand on the omega’s forehead. 

 

“I’m just tired, Seon Yul has skipped nap time every day this week and I’ve been chasing her around, and I have this script that I haven’t even started reading yet and you’re in the middle of a comeback...” Minho rattled on. 

 

“Relax, you sound like me” Junghee teased. 

 

Minho didn’t laugh. His frown deepened as he heard something fall to the ground with a bang. 

 

“Yul-ah” Minho yelled, power walking to inspect the damage. 

 

The little girl was happily rolling around in mud. She had dropped the large potted planted onto the ground, there was soil in her hair, on her hands and all around her. The toddler was pretty content just sitting there playing with the mud. 

 

“I literally just gave her a bath” Minho complained, picking Seon Yul by her baby grow like he was lifting a bag. 

 

-

 

Getting the toddler into the tub was a challenge, every time Minho would turn his back for a second, the little girl would start planning an escape route. In the end Minho had to call Junghee to hold the toddler she he could rinse her hair. 

 

Seon Yul wasn’t happy, she whines and splashed both her parents. Junghee was humoured, Minho was cranky and Seon Yul was happily dozing off in a fluffy towel. Ironically, she was the only dry one. 

 

-

 

Junghee put the girl down for a nap on the couch after putting her in a fresh diaper and onesie. The toddler looked pretty content sleeping so Junghee set up their baby monitor before joining Minho in the kitchen. 

 

“Minho-yah go take a nap. You look tired” 

 

“I’m not tired” Minho lied, resuming his preparation of dinner.

 

“Min....can I ask you something?”

 

Junghee turned Minho to face her, gently taking the knife is his hand and placing it by the chopping board. 

 

“Min when was your last heat?” Junghee asked, lower lip bitten. 

 

It had been a year and 6 months since he had Seon Yul, his heat cycle was slowly returning. He had a heat a couple months ago but none since. 

 

“I’m not going into heat” Minho huffed. 

 

The omega tended to get testy around his heat, easily tired, more sensitive and just achy all over. 

 

“It’s not that......you smell different.....you’ve  been acting different I just-“ Junghee trailed off, tiptoeing around the topic. 

 

Minho’s eyebrows knitted in confusion.

 

“Minho do you think you pregnant?” 

 

Minho’s jaw dropped at the question, his hand defensively shot up against his stomach. 

 

“Junghee I think you need a nap, you’re clearly talking nonsense” Minho replied as he turned to pick up his knife. 

 

The alpha had really stopped him working for this nonsense. 

 

“See! Right there. You could’ve just said ‘no’ but instead you’re being moody” Junghee said, in an attempt to justify her doubts. 

 

“I would know if I was pregnant” Minho mumbled sullenly. 

 

“What? The way you knew last time?” Junghee taunted. 

 

“I-I don’t want to talk about it” 

 

And with that the conversation between the two had ended. Eventually Minho had decided to let Junghee take over dinner duties as he went to nap with Seon Yul. 

 

-

 

It wasn’t until a few days later that Junghee tried to bring the conversation up again. 

 

“Your heat’s late” the alpha sing-songed. 

 

Minho almost choked on the toothpaste in his mouth. His hormones were still settling down, his heats were still all over the place. 

 

“Leave me alone” Minho groaned, voice muffled by toothpaste. 

 

Just as Junghee opened to retaliate, the baby monitor crackled to life, letting Junghee know that she was needed else where. 

 

-

 

It took a whole week of suggestive comments and looks before Minho caved. One night after the two had put Seon Yul to bed Minho dragged Junghee into the bathroom. 

 

There were two pregnancy tests lying on the skin, Minho picked up them both up and before peeing on them and unceremoniously dropping into Junghee’s hand. 

 

“Enjoy” the omega snarked, heading to bed. 

 

Junghee sat there in the bathroom by herself as the omega got comfortable in bed. 

 

She waited impatiently for the timer to ding, but just by looking at the tests as they were then let her knew that they were probably going to be negative. 

 

5 minutes later her suspicions were proven correct, both tests were indeed negative. 

 

“No bun in the oven” Minho questioned, a hint of ‘I-told-you-so’ lingering in his tone. 

 

“You’re supposed to take these first thing in the morning” Junghee deadpanned. 

 

Minho groaned, burying himself in the sheets. “You’re ridiculous” His muffled voice called. 

 

“I want a do-over” Junghee pouted, burying herself under the sheets too so she was face-to-face with the omega. 

 

“I’m booking a doctors appointment and you’re going” Her tone was suddenly more serious than it had been over the course of the week. 

 

Minho knew he didn’t have much of a choice. 

 

-

 

And that’s how Minho found himself sitting in the waiting room at the doctors with a sleeping Seon Yul drooling on him. 

 

“I still think this is a stupid idea” Minho complained. 

 

“Better safe than sorry” Junghee shrugged. 

 

Minho let out a deep sigh but let the argument go. 

 

They were called into doctors office pretty quickly consider how busy it tended to be and before Minho knew it he was perched on a bench having his bloods taken. 

 

“Missed heats, irritability and loss of appetite. Are these symptoms correct?”

Doctor Young questioned. 

 

Minho nodded tentatively, he guessed that  he had all of those things going on but he also knew they meant nothing. 

 

“Okay I’m going to take your blood pressure and weight and then I’ll call you back in when I get your blood work” 

 

As Junghee was about to get up, she was hit with a sudden spell of dizziness. 

 

Minho managed to steady the alpha before her and Seon Yul could hurt themselves. 

 

“Are you okay?” Doctor Young asked as she got out her chair to hold Junghee up. 

 

“Nurse please get some water” the Doctor ordered. 

 

“Junghee has trouble sleeping and sometimes she gets like this” Minho complained. 

 

“Maybe I should take your bloods too? Just to ensure there’s no underlying condition?” Doctor Young suggested. 

 

The way Minho looked at her as he took Seon Yul from her arms let her knew that she was definitely going a blood test too. 

 

-

 

Another painfully boring 30 minutes later the alpha, omega and now groggy and grump Seon Yul were back on the doctors office. 

 

“Before we discuss the results, I want you both to know that even after birth an omega’s hormones can vastly change and this can have a lot of physical manifestation. As an omega who has just started getting into their heat cycle Minho’s symptoms are perfectly normal. His hormone levels are a bit hit and miss” 

 

Minho wanted to yell ‘Ha I told you so’ in Junghee’s face, but he was an adult and better than that. 

 

“Having that being said.....congratulations and please take these prescriptions for vitamins and hand this card in at reception so they can book you a proper prenatal screen” the doctor continued. 

 

“B-b-but you said....”Minho stuttered out.

 

His brain had just short-circuited.

 

“I knew it” yelled Junghee. 

 

“Oh! Minho’s not pregnant Junghee. You are” 

 

Minho’s jaw dropped, his brain struggled to register what was going on. It wasn’t until Junghee had passed out and dropped to ground with a thud did Minho come back to his sense. 

 

Seon Yul and Minho both stared at the alpha now lying on the bed in surprise.