First

My Teacher

“Jung Jaehyun! His locker isn’t on the first row second column but second row first column! Oh my god! You . Let’s get the letter back,” Winwin and Jaehyun ran towards the teachers’ lockers as if their life depend on it.

Jaehyun opened the locker and found that the letter was gone.

 

“Oh, . It’s gone,”

 

“Whose locker is this ?”

 

“I don’t know,” Jaehyun with guilt. He blamed himself for being so distracted when Winwin told him the location of the locker.

 

“Guys! I found out that locker is Teacher Taeyong’s locker,” Mingyu came running, obvious sweats on his forehead.

 

“Damn it. He is so strict. What if he found it and gave it to Teacher Yuta? Ahhhh! Jung Jaehyun this all your fault,” Winwin was lost minded already.

 

“I’m sorry, Winwin. I really am. I will go to his room and get back the letter for you,” Jaehyun said patting Winwin’s back, as sign of apologise.

 

 

 

Jaehyun knocked on the door with Lee Taeyong name on it twice.


“Come in,” Taeyong’s voice echoed. His voice sounded so cold, Jaehyun was already shaking. With shaking hands, Jaehyun opened the door slowly and walked in.

 

“So who are you ?” Taeyong scanned Jaehyun from top to bottom. Jaehyun wore the normal white shirt school uniform with a blue-black knitted vest on it. Maroon tie wasn’t tied properly and he even had a button open. His hair was dark brown and brushed up, showing his shiny forehead and arched, thick eyebrows. No nametag in sight. Totally new face for Teacher Taeyong.

 

“I don’t think I am teaching you,” Taeyong spurted out after finished scanning the student.

 

“Uhm… yes. I am here because I might have accidentally put a letter in your locker wrongly. And I wonder if the letter is with you ?” Jaehyun said while playing with the button at the tip of his right sleeve.

 

“So was it you who wrote the letter  ?” Taeyong put down the glasses he was wearing and brushed up his messy bang.

 

‘Veiny hand’ Jaehyun thought.

 

“Uhm… uhm… not me. It was my friend,” Jaehyun said, still nervous.

 

“Tell him, if he wants to write a love letter, he might need to put a Korean dictionary beside him or have a Korean friend to check the spelling,” Taeyong said while opening the drawer beside him and handed Jaehyun the letter.

 

“Yeah. Sorry for disturbing, Teacher Taeyong,” Jaehyun bowed, wanted to leave after taking the letter.

 

“Wait, what is your name ? And what class are you in ?” Taeyong asked, halted Jaehyun from any movement.

 

“Jung Jaehyun, Teacher. And I’m from class 3-2.”

 

“Oh, you’re Teacher Yuta’s student then. And how long you’ve been this school’s student ?”

 

“It’s my first year, Teacher. I just moved from America.”

 

“Ah, no wonder. But Jaehyun, here in Korea we have school uniform rules. Where is your nametag ? Why you didn’t button all your button to the up ? And why your tie is lose ?”

 

“Oh…” Jaehyun immediately buttoned up his shirt and tied his tie properly.

 

“Now you look more presentable as a student. Make sure to wear your nametag after this, student Jaehyun. You may leave,” Taeyong said, wearing back his glasses to resume his work.

 

“Thank you, Teacher Taeyong. And sorry too,” Jaehyun bowed twice and left the room quickly. He thenleaned on the wall outside and sighed deeply.

 

‘Wow, he is really strict,’ Jaehyun thought.

 

 

 

“Ahhhh! What’s this ?! My letter is full of red marks!!” Winwin whined, almost sobbing. Mingyu was just laughing at the side. The two were sitting on the stairs while Mingyu stood to face Winwin.

 

“You really need my help when you write your love letter next time,” Mingyu said while giggling. Winwin side-eyed him.

 

“Ugh, Teacher Taeyong is so annoying. I am not even Korean. I can make mistake with my Korean. That’s why I am cute!” Winwin whined again. Jaehyun could only stare at Winwin with apologetic look. That was when Teacher Seulgi walked from the class hall.

 

“That’s why you all need to stop having childish crush on teachers and just focus on your study. Stop daydreaming kids,” Teacher Seulgi advised them.

 

“But Teacher, my love for you is real. You’re pretty, Teacher Seulgi!” Mingyu shouted.

 

“Tsk! You guys are so loud. Next year you’re all going to be senior. Aren’t you all should be studying ? Go back to your class, kids,” Teacher Yuta suddenly came through from the class hall. That was when Teacher Yuta and Seulgi walked downstairs to go to their offices.

 

“Teacher Sulgi! Youre pretty!” Mingyu shouted again before the two teacher were gone from the sight. Winwin then slapped Mingyu’s back.

 

“Shut up, loudass!” Winwin shouted and stomped his feet to the class while Jaehyun quietly followed Winwin.