Troublemaker

Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Living in a boarding school is quite an intelligent move for the best education, or at least that is what she thinks after considering the pros and cons.  The school could be similar to a jail, if not a zoo, and the teachers could sometimes be very intimidating.  But, when she thinks about it, the educational system worth all the cons displayed.  Tied up with rules, her life could be so into a cocoon, but her priority is her education, although sometimes she really misses her life as a teenager out there.

Maybe that explains Fieyna’s illegal activities at school.

She is often caught red-handed but as smart as she is, she escapes punishments.  Most of the school’s prefects find her annoying in every way, and she even won an argument with the Vice President of the Prefectorial Board before.  Since then, the teachers allow watching television at the common room during weekdays as well as weekends and also, the Vice President always shows her dark face whenever they meet.  But, she couldn’t care less.

The only prefect that Fieyna has not yet encountered is the Head Prefect.

 

 

                Yoon Doo Joon, as carved-in-black on his gold nametag, is walking through the quiet hallway to the Prefect’s Room.  He glances at his watch and he smiles.  As usual, he is never late.  Doo Joon, although sometimes feels it is quite depressing, tries his best to be the best amongst the students in the boarding school, in terms of discipline.  His life as a student is well-organized by himself, that, should there’s ever a person wants to assassinate him, the killer will know when is the best time to do so.  His schedule is well-arranged and his academic is something that can be proud of, thus, he is made as the students’ role-model by the teachers.

                He is the President of the Prefectorial Board, hence, the school’s Head Prefect.

                As he enters the room, he finds out that there are some missing prefects, but all had reported legal - of having extra class or sick.  Satisfied with the attendance of the available-on-duty prefects, he closes the door and takes his seat at the table for high-committees, which is facing the tables of the member committees.

                The meeting begins as soon as he settles on the black leather chair.

                “Good afternoon to all prefects.  I announced the emergency meeting today because I heard a lot of commotions between all of you.  So, I hope that you can enlighten me of any information that I missed out,” Doo Joon makes an introductory speech.

                “As far as I know, the whole fuss is centred on a student of the school, President,” says the Vice Head.

                “The other prefects, is that true?” he asks again for confirmation.  He could see all of them nod in unison.

                “Could someone enlighten me about this person?” he asks formally.

                “The Greatest and Utmost Troublemaker – Fieyna,” says Hyun Seung, the Head of the Discipline Bureau of the Prefect Body.  Doo Joon smiles as the name is announced by his best friend.

                “Correct me if I’m wrong, but is this the person you lost to, my dearest Vice, Miss Hyun Ah, that caused us to change the School’s Constitution: Section 9, regarding the Students’ Entertainment Matter, on the time for watching television?” Doo Joon asks the Vice President, Kim Hyun Ah.  From his observation, she looks quite pissed off as he brings up the embarrassing debate again.

                “Just to ensure you of the troublemaker, yes, she is the one that had won the argument regarding that matter, and I personally believe we have to establish a law to get rid of her, for the school’s discipline is all that matter,” Hyuna says angrily and hits the surface of the table with her palm, once.  Doo Joon notices her anger through the loud sound produced as her palm makes a contact with the surface of the wooden table.

                “Reminder to all prefects, again,” Doo Joon emphasizes on ‘again’, “personal matter shall not be brought up in the Prefectorial Board meeting.  Is that clear?”

                “Yes,” the prefects answer synchronously.

                “So, can you please tell me what this girl did this time?” asks Doo Joon.

                “She was found sleeping in the common room at school time,” Hyun Seung says.

                “Without any legal reason of doing so,” Hyuna includes.

                “Who found her?  Is there any witness for this?” Doo Joon asks.  He is very particular about punishment.  If someone is accused of wrongdoings, without witness to his or her activity, then he or she shall escape any punishment written on the School’s Constitution.

                “Ji Yoon caught her and there are three students with a teacher as witnesses,” Hyun Seung says.

                “Could you brief me the situation, Ji Yoon?”

                “I was on-duty to check the dormitories at second-hour interval, which is at nine.  When I checked the common room, she was found sleeping without any reason of being sick or anything.  I chased her around the dormitories and the teacher who was with her students, finding suitable plants for Biology experiment from the courtyard, saw the incidents,” she explains.

                “Even if she was sick, she shouldn’t be at the dorm.  She should be at the sickbay instead,” Doo Joon agrees to the wrongdoing.

                “Exactly,” Hyun Ah supports, in order to make him prosecute the offender.

                “Fieyna did a wrong thing here.  She should be punished.  Anybody had prosecuted her of her wrongdoing?” Doo Joon asks, directed the question exactly to the Head of Court Bureau, Jun Hyung.

                “I did.  But, she won the case,” he shortly replies.

                “Enlighten me about the trial,” says Doo Joon.

                “It happened on February 1, as you signed on the Letter of Authorization of Trial.  We had the Vice Principal: Senior Assistant of Student Affairs as the Honourable Judge.  I was the prosecutor, while Fieyna had herself as her attorney.  And Song Dong Woon was in-charge of the report,” says Jun Hyung, in an indirect way to ask Dong Woon to resume.

                “Based on the video of the trial, which is labelled V-T76 under the filing system, and also based on the report, R-T76, she was not able to be punished because there is no such thing as wrongdoing if a student is found sleeping in the common room at school hours.  The rule is apparently not existed in the School’s Constitution, thus, the judge could not convict her of wrongdoing,” says the Head of the Record and Documentation Bureau.

                “Thanks Jun Hyung and Dong Woon, for your explanation.  However, is there really no rule about it?  Or did she just manage to justify herself in front of the judge?” asks Doo Joon, very curious.  As soon as he raises the question, Yang Yoseob, the Head of the Intelligence: Investigation and Covert Action Bureau stands up.

                “President, the prefects from my bureau had done a few investigations on the case.  We even went to see the Board of Director of the school, requesting to study the original copy of the School’s Constitution.  Under Section 4, Rules and Law, Subject 23, says that it is a wrongdoing for students to sleep at the dorm at school hours but it doesn’t say that it is wrong to sleep at the common room during school hours.  We believe that Fieyna is someone that knows all the sections in the School’s Constitution and thus, we further investigate her background.  Unfortunately, we didn’t find any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter