Step 1: Meeting

How to Fall in Love

Chatter echoed across the room as the trainees got familiar with each other. They were going to be stuck with each other for some quite time so bonding with each other was a good idea. As everyone was getting to know each other one girl was sitting down on the ground all alone. Her hands were fumbling on the straps of her high heels, adjusting them until they were comfortable around her ankles. She was used to being the loner, always sitting alone. Even as a child she didn't have a lot of friends. Her friends mainly consisted of her older sister, Yonghee and one childhood friend Soo Ah. Even though she lived in Seoul for most of her life, living with a bunch of strangers made her feel like it was a whole new world. Hpwever she didn't meet her new roommates yet and she would be meeting them later on in a small apartment complex.

The only thing that Kim Yongsun wished for was to meet new wonderful people who she could rely on (she obviously wanted to debut as well). The thought of meeting new people flooded her mind, both positive and negative thoughts. What if the people who she would live with weren’t approachable? What if they found her weird? Yongsun was used to people saying that she was weird but it didn’t numb her from the pain. What if-

Her thoughts were scrambled away when a man at the top of the room started to clap loudly, trying to get everyone to be quiet. She got up from the ground and leaned against the mirrors of the dance room. After a few minutes of trying, the CEO finally got everyone to shush down.

“Now I know that everyone is excited to be here but we need to get started on these auditions. For the next few weeks, you will need to work hard, harder than you have in the rest of your life. Only about four to six of people will be debuting so if you want to be one of those people then be prepared.” Every trainee looked at each other sternly, eying each other as if this was a competition.

“But of course, this doesn’t have to be a stressful experience. You guys are young so just work hard and also have fun!” The room immediately lit up with those words from the CEO. “Oh I forgot to introduce myself, I am Kim Do Hoon and this is Kim Jin Woo” He pointed at the man standing quietly beside him. “Anyways we should get started. Today’s first session will be just evaluating your dancing skills. I hope you have your shoes ready, high heels for the ladies and runners for the gentlemen. Please get line up according to the line that you have received from the staff”

Small flutters of whispers swept across the room as people got in to the line. Yongsun was given the number two so she was at the very start. She was both lucky and unlucky at the same time since she wasn’t at the end of the line but she was the second person up. This meant that she had full attention of everyone in the room. Yongsun breathed in and out trying to settle her nerves and her heavily beating heart. Before she knew it, it was her turn to go.

All eyes were on her while she danced to Hyuna’s ‘Change’.  Yongsun had an immediate thought of regret when she started dancing to it. Why did she pick this song to dance in front of all the trainees and all the staff? By the end of it her face was so red that it looked like she drunk a bottle of soju. The two CEOs where shocked and were trying to keep a good poker face but Yongsun could see the tears in their eyes from trying not to laugh. She bowed and said her thanks sitting at the back of the room with the other trainee. All the other trainees looked at her incredulously as she walked down. Some even sniggered.

“What a great start” Yongsun thought. Not only had she embarrassed herself, it was only the first day of evaluations. She wanted to bang her head against the wall. She sat down on the ground and took off her heels so that her feet wouldn’t hurt anymore. Lost in her thoughts, she just stared into space for the next few minutes as everyone danced. Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a girl trying to getting her attention.

“Psst.. psst” Yongsun turned her head to a girl at the end of the line. The girl was about the same height as her. She had jet black hair that ran up until her chest and she had a straight lined fringe. “Can I borrow your high heels please?” The girl mouthed and then she put her two hands together to symbolise the word ‘please’. Yongsun understood and gave her heels unhesitatingly. The taller girl then mouthed thank you to her.

A minute later, the same girl started to dance to Justin Bieber’s ‘One Less Lonely Girl’. Yongsun watched the girl as she smoothly danced to the song. Her body moved in the most artistic way and the aura she gave was different from the other girls. Everybody watched her move, making some girls impressed and some guys began to swoon. It was hard to resist this charisma she displayed with her dancing.

When she finished her dance, she gave a small bow and walked off to the other side of the room. Yongsun stared at her as she walked down expecting to get her shoe back but the girl walked in the completely wrong direction. She sat down at left hand side of the wall whilst Yongsun was sitting at the right. Yongsun sat there twiddling her thumbs thinking of how to approach the dancer to get her heels back.

The next performer danced to Rihanna’s ‘Only Girl in the World’. She performed with such passion and with overflowing confidence. The trainees were whispering amongst themselves, saying “isn’t that the trainee from abroad that everyone was talking about?” When she finished dancing she high fived the next girl in line. “It seems like they’re best friends” Yongsun thought. The next girl, although she seemed timid, danced with passion to Lloyd’s ‘Lay it down’. Her moves were sharp and precise making everyone surprised with her talent.

After an hour evaluations were over. Yongsun changed to her runners and attempted to find that girl who took her heels. Spotting her in the crowd, she began to walk over to her. Suddenly the girl with the fringe pointed to her. “I got it from this person over there” The girl pointed her finger right at Yongsun’s face. “This person here” Did Yongsun hear her right? Did she just rudely address her that way? Yongsun tried to keep her anger in. How dare she addressed her so rudely. Yongsun gave her her heels and this is how she talks to her. It was only the first day and she already felt embarrassed and now annoyed. “Doesn’t anyone know any manners these days” she thought in her mind. Still, she continued to walk over to her.

“Here you go, thank you for lending it to me” The girl handed it to her with a big smile on her face. Her nose crinkled slightly as she smiled. “Thanks” Yongsun mumbled still annoyed with how she addressed her. When she was about to walk away the other started to introduce herself. “My name is Moon Byul Yi, you know like Moonstar in English” Moonbyul extended her hand towards her, laughing nervously. “Kim Yong Sun.” The older girl shook her hand slightly and turned away, leaving the younger one stunned. “What’s her problem” She whispered to the other girls as she watched her leave the room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that afternoon, Yongsun made her way to the apartment to move in and to meet her roommates. She had been lugging her luggage around for the whole day and she couldn’t wait to sit down. She finally found the place using her smartphone. The place she would be staying in looked even small on the outside. It was beside a shop which would be handy for food and supplies. Yongsun noticed that there was a CCTV camera right on the front door which was creepy but she remembered that they told her it was for security reason. Ringing the doorbell, Yongsun breathed in, to calm her nerves. A moment later the girl with short black hair and with a ‘different’ sense of clothing opened the door.

“Hel-” She was interrupted by two girls calling out her name. “Hyejinnie who is it?” The two other girls tiptoed to catch a glimpse of Yongsun. “Hello, I’m Kim Yong Sun and I’m your new roommate” She smiled at them and stretched out her hand. “Yongsun!!” Another girl screamed her name and pushed the other two girls out of the way. “Remember me” she said pointing to her face. Yongsun immediately recognised her and internally facepalmed herself.

 

Why does she have to live here?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again! Thanks for making it this far :) I think I'll write the rest of this in the POV of the other characters just to make it less confusing. Please leave any comments below on your opinions uwu