Chapter 2

DEAL WITH THE DEVIL

 

CHAPTER 2

 

 

"Goufdamnit I wuff good cheekeeeen!"

 

"Youf said iuf funnie!"

 

"Girls! Swallow your food before speaking!" sighed Jiu and pointed to Gahyeon, "Even our maknae doesn't speak with full." Yoohyeon smiled sheepishly and swallowed a mouthful of fried chicken before muttering a meek sorry to Jiu. 

 

"Awww come on Jiu, the chicken here is FANTASTIC! Let us live a little!"

 

Jiu sighed and turned her gaze from Yoohyeon, who happily went back to gnawing on her piece of chicken, to her best friend, Sua. "Yah, you're much older than them, you should be the one teaching them manners." Sua smiled and turned to the two younger members, "Girls, say thank you to Jiu unnie for buying us this wonderful meal."

 

"Thank you unnie!" chimed the two youngsters.

 

"See?" puffed Sua proudly, "Who said I never taught them manners?" As much as Jiu wanted to try to stay mad at her friend, she just couldn't and her lips broke out into a huge smile that seemed to light up the whole room. "How do you not have someone falling in love with your words, I'll never know," laughed the pretty brunette as she watched Sua reach out to another piece of chicken.

 

"Simple. I don't believe in love, therefore, nothing like that will ever happen," came the nonchalant reply. "One day, Sua, one day, someone will walk into your life and sweep you right off your feet and you won't be able to stop yourself from falling madly in love," said Jiu. Sua scoffed, "Yeah right. I have enough on my hands with university and these two dongsaengs already," pointing her chicken drumstick at Yoohyeon and Gahyeon who were now arguing over the last piece of chicken.

 

Anyone who heard what Sua said would have thought that she thought of Yoohyeon and Gahyeon as deadweights but if you knew Sua, you'd know she was the last person on earth to think such a thing. The girl loved her friends with all 5'3 (or so the tiny girl claims) of her body and soul and she would gladly sell her soul to the devil if it meant keeping them safe and happy.

 

Sua had known Jiu most of her life. She couldn't remember a time where the two weren't together. They lived next to each other when they were in preschool, attended the same elementary school and all the way up till university. Jiu had always been a bright ray of sunshine, drawing in people wherever she went. People naturally gravitated towards this bright light of happiness, Sua included.

 

Sua was a little different. She portrayed she was happy most times but Jiu was the only person who knew her deep down and she knew Sua had issues with trusting people. Especially when she came from a home where love was non existent. The tiny girl had been left to fend for herself since she could remember and that harsh environment toughened her. Nevertheless, Jiu never thought differently of the tiny woman and Sua was eternally grateful for such a loving friend. They were inseperable and practically family. The only time they spent apart was during classes.

 

The duo had met both Yoohyeon and Gahyeon in their later years, the young ones being far from home and found by Jiu during university orientation and they were so drawn to her, that they never left the light that Jiu gave off.

 

"Unnie, you can't blame your inability to love on the two of us because- HEY!" 

 

Yoohyeon let out a loud whine as Sua scooped the last piece of chicken and placed it on Jiu's plate. "Shush pupper, Jiu's only had two pieces so far and you lot have already had four each." 

 

"But you had five!"

 

Sua pretended not to hear Yoohyeon, "So Jiu, I heard you signed us up for that annual talent competition?" Jiu nodded. "Yeah, I though it'd look good for all of our resumes when we go apply for entertainment agencies next time. Are you not up for it?" she said with a little frown, concerned that she might have upsetted her friend. "I'M IN! I've always wanted to join it!" cheered Yoohyeon while Gahyeon mumbled softly, her expression a little worried, "..I dunno if I'll have the time because-"

 

"Because you'll have to get straight A's or your parents won't continue funding your studies," finished Sua, "Don't worry kid, we'll help you study up after classes. Jiu here is our intake's top student. Even I'll help out. So you in?" Gahyeon nodded enthusiastically, happy to have such caring sunbaes.

 

"That settles it. I'll come up with the choreo," Sua said as she watched Yoohyeon throw out a fist pump.

 

"We'll win this for sure with Sua unnie's legendary choreos!" 

 

"Not so fast Yoo. We're not sure if we can do this. We may not have enough vocal support for this."

 

"B-but you can rap, Jiu and Yoohyeon unnie can sing.." said Gahyeon. Sua shook her head, "It won't be enough to topple last year's champions." Jiu patted Sua's shoulder, "Don't worry, I think we can come up with something. Otherwise we can just see if anyone wants to join us later on."

 

"Pfft we'd need the voice of an angel to top-"

 

CLING!!

 

All eyes turned to the entrance of the restaurant where three devils stood.

 


 

CHAPTER 2: END

 

A/N: Thank you for all the feedback I've received and sorry about this late update.

Reality is a pain when you have to pay the bills.