"ILYSM"

Can I Be Him?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The past months Hanbin was with iKON having a world tour. He couldn't wait to come to Korea. It wasn't because he missed seeing Jennie, well that's a lie because he does miss her but he had been avoiding her before he went on the world tour, but the reason he couldn't wait to go home was because he missed the food, his bed, the studio, and his family, he missed everything after being gone for 8 months. He and the others planned to go drink to celebrate for the successful world tour. Hanbin may haven't fully moved on but he decided that life was best spent on being happy and looking at it on the positive side. 

As they drank and drank he looked at s one by one and remembered what got him to where he is now. Seeing as how happy the boys are he feels as if like a father looking proud at what his children has accomplished and how thankful he is for them. He told them about Jennie when they asked him so much questions about his muse. They all pitied him but he just brushed it off and told them that it's ok and to keep it a secret and to not look at Jennie differently. 

Hanbin didn't want to be drunk that night and wanted to be the sober one throughout the entire time. When the time came that the others were so drunk, it was his job to call the driver to pick them up and drop them off at the dorm. 

"Ugh why did I agree to go with you guys." Hanbin groaned as he brought Bobby up the staircase. He dragged Bobby and dropped him next to the wall so he could push the elevator button. It was only 9pm when he checked his watch, he looked at the doors that led to the garage where the uber driver's car was parked and was reminded that he still had 5 more guys to bring up. Hanbin brought a hand to his face and rubbed it. The elevator doors opened and he grabbed the guy off the wall and hauled him up. He put one of Bobby's arms behind him and over his shoulders and went inside the elevator. He pressed their floor and leaned on the wall of the elevator. When he got to Bobby's dorm floor he dragged the body next to him to their door. Hanbin was really regretting not making the manager come with them and not calling him now but their manager deserved to take a rest and relax after being with them during the tour. He put the pin to their dorm amd dropped Bobby on his bedroom. He then quickly ventured out to the parking lot to help the other guys. Hanbin had to pay the uber driver extra cash because of the fact that the uber driver had to wait for him to get all s to their respective rooms. The next person he dragged was Donghyuk, he got him out of the car and when he was about to walk to the lobby door somebody called out to them.

"Hanbin oppa and Donghyuk oppa?" Hanbin winced and froze knowing who owned that voice. He slowly swirled around only to find Rosé with Jennie along with Jisoo and Lisa in plain clothes but wearing masks to disguise themselves. Hanbin thought how it was such a great timing it was for him and his other members to be caught drunk by their labelmates. Well except himself. They took off their masks and walked closer to him.

"What happened to DK?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Well he's drunk and so are the others. And now I am the only sober one who can bring them to their rooms." 

The uber driver out of irritation opened the passenger window, "Hey can you hurry up? I've got to go home." 

"Yeah, yeah, sorry I'll hurry up." 

The girls feeling bad for him offered to help. "I'm guessing you need help to get them to their rooms?" 

Hanbin nodded. "Yes please." 

They all helped Hanbin bring the iKON members to their rooms. Hanbin opened all the dorms and they took turns staying at the dorms so it will be guarded while it's open. And finally at last it was only Yunhyeong left. Hanbin told blackpink that he could take it from there but Jennie insisted she would stay and help him bring Yunhyeong up. Jennie signalled Chaeyoung, Lisa, and Jisoo to go to their dorms first. 

"So where did you guys go?" Jennie asked as Hanbin grabbed Yunhyeong out of the car.

"We wanted to celebrate for the successful world tour and they all got passed their limit and got drunk." They both had Yunhyeong's arms around their shoulders and one of their arms behind him as they entered the building. They maneuvered through the lobby, trying to get to the elevator.

"So why aren't you drunk and where's your manager?" Jennie asked now inside the elevator.

"I told our manager to rest and that I would take care of them hence me being the only one sober." Hanbin pushed the button to their floor. "Aren't I such a great and responsible leader." Jennie scoffed at Hanbin's statement. 

All of a sudden Yunhyeong slowly woke and they both became quiet. He looked drunkenly at Hanbin then his eyes scrutinized Jennie's face. Yunhyeong then turned his gaze back to Hanbin before whispering rather loudly. "Isn't this the girl you liked for a long time?" Hanbin's eyes widen and looked at Jennie. Jennie had a mixture of confuse and shock on her face.

"No no no don't mind him he's just drunk he doesn't know what he's saying. I don't like you. I mean I do like you and I see you as a woman, I mean I like you as an artist and as a labelmate. I look up to even though you're a hoobae and but you know he's just drunk..." Hanbin slowly stopped as he realized Jennie was giggling at him blabbering. Hanbin awkwardly laughs. "I get it Hanbin."

They reached their dorm floor and went inside. Jennie let Hanbin drop Yunhyeong into his bedroom while she waited in the living room. She was observing their dorm at how different it is to their dorm. Hanbin came out of Yunhyeong's room and stretched. "Thanks for helping me with them." 

"It's no problem Hanbin." She took this as her que to leave. "Well I'll be going first." She walked to their door but Hanbin called out to her. 

"Wait I'll walk you to your dorm as my thanks."

"No no Hanbin you don't have to do that it's only a couple floors down." Jennie kindly refused his offer but Hanbin being the gentleman he is stood his ground. Hanbin walled in front of her, blocking her pathway to the door. "I will not take no as an answer now let's go madam." Hanbin bowed and outstretched his hand to the direction of the door, showing off his goofiness. Jennie giggled once again at his playful action. She decided to play along, "then shall we go forth?" Hanbin nodded and stood straight up. "Onward then Mr. Kim." They both went out the door laughing at the act they just performed. Their laughter died down as they entered the elevator and proceeded to go down to her floor. They just leaned onto the wall of the elevator and stayed in a comfortable silence. 

"So Hanbin how was your tour?" She asked not looking at him but instead at the elevator doors in front of her.

Hanbin sighed. "Honestly it was great and all but I missed Korea so much. I mean I loved interacting with the fans and performing with them, seeing new countries and cities. It was my dream to be able to do that since I was a trainee but it's just that nothing can ever top the place in your heart like your hometown."

"I get what you mean." 

Something came up in Hanbin's mind. "Oh yeah you guys went on tour before we did right? How was it? To be able to perform in front of all your fans all over the world? Isn't it refreshing?" 

"Yeah it was so great. Like I got to see new countries and cities like you and I also got to see the culture differences between Korea and the other countries and cities." The elevator doors opened and they both went out and walked to her dorm. 

"Well here you go madam. Goodbye Jennie see you tomorrow or next time." Hanbin saluted her before turning his back.

Hanbin went back to his dorm and cleaned himself. After drying his hair he laid down on his bed. It felt good for Hanbin to see her again. But for some reason he felt his heart yearning and it felt like there's something missing. 

He just tried to sleep on it. But he couldn't and kept on tossing and rolling around on his bed. Hanbin stopped as he knew it was useless. He then checked the time it was already 12 am, two hours passed since he dropped off Jennie to her dorm. Hanbin stared at the ceiling. He suddenly just got up, grabbed his coat and went out to get some fresh air. On his way out he saw a familiar figure standing by the streetlamp.

Hanbin walked up closer to the figure, squinting his eyes trying to identify the person.

"Jennie?" He questioned.

Jennie quickly turned around in shock. "Oh geez, I lost 10 years of my life thanks to you." 

Hanbin just chucked and apologized. "What are you doing out here?" 

"Oh nothing just doing some thinking and appreciating the cold. What are you doing her?" She threw back the same question.

"Same as you taking a breath of fresh air and doing some thinking. Mind if I joined you?" 

"Sure." 

It was silent for a long while before he spoke. "So how's your group doing?" Hanbin asked as a conversation starter.

"We're doing fine with everyone's solo debuts coming up. Just taking a small break before we go back to being busy again I guess."

"That's cool I hope you get a full album soon though." Hanbin knows that it's been already a few years since their debut and they still haven't gotten a full album.

Jennie scoffed and laughed in a sarcastic way. "I hope so too but knowing sajangnim? He probably isn't even thinking about it right now. I just wish we could write music like you guys do." 

Hanbin felt sad for her. He knows how much talent they have that being hidden from everyone of because YG.

"Don't lose hope Jennie it will come I promise. If you want I'll even talk to YG about it." Hanbin really thinks about other people before he thinks about himself and that's what people love about him. 

Jennie turned her head to look at him. 

"Really?!" 

"Yeah sure, just treat it as my payback for helping tonight and for what you did for me in the past." 

"Alright. Thank you in advance. I guess I deserve it for helping you with your dry stage presence back then," Jennie teasingly told Hanbin.

"Ya! If I remembered correctly I trained you to write songs and helped you control your voice. I can even remember your ugly hand writing." Hanbin faked a shiver as he recalled the memory. Jennie gasped and playfully punched Hanbin on his arm.

"Jerk," she muttered. 

"Shortie." Hanbin tried to whisper but Jennie heard him. 

"What did you say?! Come here douche." Jennie jumped up to try and headlock him but failed and stopped. Hanbin laughed at how she tried but failed miserably. They both started laughing until it faded and silence engulfed them again. But it wasn't an awkward silence in fact it was the opposite. They were both comfortable the silence that was between them. They just watched the night sky.

"You're still the same Hanbin." Jennie said as she smiled and recalled the skinny boy she had met a few years back.

"And you're still the same Jennie I met a few years ago."

All Jennie could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter