Springtime Returns

Go Back Couple

 

 

[What Really Happened]

 

Doyeon was dismissed from her ROTC training, her forehead glistening from her sweat and a familiar figure catches her attention.

 

She frowns once she figures out who it was but walks towards that direction anyway. A man in a suit and clean cut hair, not even wanting to stare back at her while Doyeon stopped right in front of him.

 

“Don’t you feel ashamed of yourself?” Her dad says in a strict tone, a tone that he often used with her.

 

Doyeon takes a quick breath before swallowing her words down. She lets out a small sigh and looks away from him “You should leave.” she’s looking straight, avoiding any eye contact with him  “We’re not normally this friendly to each other.”

 

Her dad glares at her, voice a lot tighter than it was earlier “Watch your mouth.” shaking his head “You should have joined the student council instead of this useless ROTC. Why do you always do everything I tell you not to do? You even choose a history major when I opposed of it. You might as well go on a date now.”

 

Doyeon snaps her head in his direction, a look was thrown “That’s a great idea.” she looks around at all the incoming students that were walking close by. A certain group of girl catching her eyes and she storms off towards them. Doyeon grabs one of the girls by her wrist and she stares her straight in the eyes, a cocky look was given.

 

The tall girl was good looking and knew it. There was no way a man or girl would deny her and that made her ego grow two times more larger than it already was.

 

It was a petite girl who had pigtails, her eyes were round and she was cute. She looked surprised by the way Doyeon had grabbed her so the taller asks “Do you want to go on a date with me?” her voice low and inviting.

 

Her friends gasp in surprise, hands covering their mouths and eyes wide as they watched the scene unfold in front of them “Did she really just ask Jiwoo out?” in a hushed whisper they say amongst themselves.

 

The small girl in front of Doyeon stared at her in confusion and Doyeon sticks her hands in her pockets, her cocky smile still on her face. She wonders what her dad looks like right now, he was probably red in the face with anger.

 

“I don’t want to.” she says.

 

Everyone looks taken aback by her reply, her friends dropping their hands and Doyeon loses her smile. Doyeon tilts her head slightly and her lips were tight, wondering why she was rejected.

 

“Kim Jiwoo must be crazy.”

 

“How dare she?”

 

“Why did she reject Kim Doyeon?”

 

Doyeon is the one who looks the most taken aback, her pride was hurt. She didn’t even care that she was rejected in front of her dad but rather why she was rejected in the first place. She furrowed her eyebrows and tilts her head in head back in place “Why?”

 

Jiwoo takes a step forward, her face scrunching up in disgust and she covers her nose “Because you smell of sweat.” and she walks away with her group of friends chasing after her.

 

Doyeon has a look of surprise and she was embarrassed by being rejected in front of everyone. She s her jacket and smells herself. Doyeon looks back at the girl who left, her father shaking her head muttering “Fool.”

 

 

 

 

“She really is an idiot..” Jiwoo grumbles to herself as she left out the door, there was a light breeze from the wind. “But she’s an idiot with sense, I really regretted meeting her this night.”

 

A sigh leaves her lips as she starts to walk back home, she’s not going to lie she was a little disappointed that Sooyoung didn’t choose her tonight. That was her wife at one point and she did miss the way that Sooyoung used to chase after her in their younger years. But this was for the best and they both knew it.

 

It was getting dark fast and Jiwoo already recognizes the bridge by her house “I lived a hard life..” she’s looking at the water “Is this why I was given another chance? I’m no longer divorced..I’m at my prime age...I’m pretty again and I don’t have any strings attached to me anymore…” she mumbles.

 

“Umma.” she tenses up at a familiar voice and it hits Jiwoo in the gut hard. She quickly snaps her head to voice and looks down at a little girl, who could barely even walk wobbling to her mom. How could Jiwoo let it slip her mind, Yerim.

 

Jiwoo’s eyes get glossy as she watched the mom pick up her daughter with a smile on her face and the baby’s laughter filling up Jiwoo’s ears. She felt awful, horrible. How could she have gone this far without thinking about the one thing that still kept her happy, her baby daughter Yerim.

 

She was such a bad mother and Jiwoo’s tears start to fall because now she misses everything about Yerim. Her daughter became her light and she was no longer going to have her in this life. The girl in pigtails wipes her eyes with her hand and breathes through her nose, trying to calm her breathing. “What’s wrong with me?”

 

Another realization hits her “That jerk…” did it even occur to Sooyoung that they didn’t have Yerim anymore? Did her ex wife think about their daughter? The older seemed to enjoy not having either of them in her life now and that broke Jiwoo’s heart even more. They had a family together, their daughter was their family and Sooyoung..”..jerk..”

 

Jiwoo couldn’t stop the tears that were coming out from her eyes and it only seemed to get worse. She looks at all the taxis lined up at their stop and Jiwoo slowly starts walking to one of them as she scrunches her face.

 

She gets into an empty cab and looks down, too embarrassed to look at the driver. The driver picks her head up from her steering wheel and furrows her eyebrows in confusion once she hears the door slam.

 

Doyeon stares at Jiwoo, who still didn’t meet her eyes and instead softly whispers “Seongbuk-dong 31, please.” Jiwoo starts to sob again once that last word leaves her lips. Anyone could tell she was having a rough night and Doyeon didn’t know what to do as she watched the girl who rejected her the other day totally break down in the backseat of her car.

 

The taller girl turns back around and starts her car, giving in to the request and starts to drive to the location that the girl had given her. Jiwoo’s crying gets louder and Doyeon awkwardly shifts around in her seat listening to her bawl. She looks at her through her mirror before turning on the cars radio, Jiwoo’s muffled crying getting louder so the driver turns the volume all the way up.

 

It didn’t take long for them to reach their destinations and Doyeon puts her car in park, she sits and thinks to herself whether or not it was best to ask her what’s wrong. She ends up turning around to Jiwoo  who was still looking down “We’re here..” she says softly.

 

Jiwoo fumbles with her wallet and takes her card out, extending her arm out for the driver to take it. Doyeon opens again but closes it as she takes her card out of the smaller girl’s trembling hands, she looks at the name on the card. Kim Jiwoo.

 

Doyeon takes another look at Jiwoo before handing the card back to her and Jiwoo quickly muttering a small “Thanks.” as she steps out and walks to her house.

 

“What’s wrong with her?”

 

JIwoo quickly makes her way into her home and heads straight to her room. It was so late and the girl was torn between being with her mom and going back to her daughter. She knew that once she woke up she wasn’t going to be in this time period and was longer going to be able to talk to her mom anymore.

 

But she needed to see Yerim again, to hold her again and Jiwoo squeezes her eyes shut as more tears flooded out. She grabs a pen and paper, to write her final message to her mom. Jiwoo writes all the things she wished she could have said to her mom before and the regrets she has. She ends it with her I love you’s, folds the paper and lies it on top of her desk.

 

[To My Lovely Mom]

 

Jiwoo cracks her room door open and peaks her head out to the living room, where her mom was sitting on the couch in her father arms “I’m sorry mom.”

 

 

 


 

Jungeun and Jinsol are sitting down at a local food tent, the blonde looking down with a small smile on her face too embarrassed to look at the younger. Jungeun takes a shot of the soju they had ordered earlier. Their waitress sat their food down and Jungeun smiles “The food is here.”

 

Jinsol finally picks her head up, wanting to make conversation “You must be a quick drinker.”

 

Jungeun slightly tilts her head, picking up her chopsticks “Huh? I’m going very slow right now.” she looks at the soju bottle before meeting the blonde’s eyes “Very slow.”

 

Jinsol grabs her shot glass and downs her alcohol, wanting to show Jungeun that she could hold her liquor too. burns and she makes a face as she coughs. The younger makes a face of her own and nods her head understanding “You don’t have to match my speed. You can keep your own pace.”

 

The older stops coughing and composes herself. She reaches out to the soju bottle “I’ll pour you…” Jungeun grabs her wrist and Jinsol looks at her with shaking eyes as Jungeun questions her actions “What are you doing?”

 

“W-what?”

 

“You’re never supposed to pour a drink to a woman or make her pour one for you.” she let’s go of Jinsol’s wrist with a smile on her face “You pour your own drink. Each to your own.”

 

Jinsol pulls her arm away as Jungeun pours her own shot and drinks it. Jinsol is convinced that the younger was going to be drunk soon if she didn’t slow down on the drinking. But the blonde decided that she would take care of her if things were to go the way she thought they would.

 

An hour goes by and Jinsol is slumped on top of the table and Jungeun shakes her head as she attempts to help the girl up so they could leave. She had told Jinsol to drink at her own pace but was the first to tap out after two drinks. Once out tent, Jinsol breaks away from her and her legs starts to go wobbly “I want to go get a pet ffisshh.” she slurs.

 

She falls to the ground and Jungeun grabs her shirt to drag her back to their dorms. Jinsol is swaying from side to side and the younger pulls her harder “Jungeun let’s go get a fish.”

 

“No.”

 

“Pleaseee?”

 

“Come here.”

 

“I want it.” Jinsol sways again and almost falls again and Jungeun rolls her eyes at this. At the end of the night the younger ends up carrying the blonde on her back, the girl completely passed out. She reaches Jinsol’s dorm building and furrows her eyebrows, not knowing her room number or code to enter the building.

 

“Whatever.” she mutters, throwing the girl off her aching back and leans her against the wall. She rubs her back from being sore and starts to walk away while waving off the blonde “Bye Jinsol.”

 

 

 


 

Sooyoung wakes up, immediately walking to the mirror and bounces on her heels after seeing that she was still young “This is a miracle.” her eyes then wander to her comic books that were on her shelf. A whole collection of her favorite books were still there.

 

She grimaces at the memory of Jiwoo making her sell them so they could have enough money for a down payment for their home. The brunette girl snaps her fingers before grabbing a box to throw all her comic books in. She was going to sell them now and invest the money in a company she knows is going to do well in the future.

 

Meanwhile Jiwoo was sitting in a cab in deep thought “I need to talk to Sooyoung…” her cab soon reaching her school and the taxi driver turns around to tell her the fee. Jiwoo grabs her purse, looking through it and pulling out her card.

 

The man shakes his head “Who pays a taxi fee with a card? We don’t do that here.” he has a frown on his face as he’s saying this.

 

Jiwoo slightly tilts her head at this, confuse “I did yesterday. Why can’t I today?” she looks back down to her card and flips the card around, examining it to make sure there was nothing off about it.

 

He furrowed his eyebrows and lets out a deep sigh, thinking that Jiwoo was pulling his leg “There isn’t a single cab in Seoul that accepts cards.” he raises his hand around with each word he says, trying to make his point across. “Are you doing this to avoid paying the fare?”

 

Flabbergasted and panicked, Jiwoo waves her hands back and forth “No no no..” she looks back into her purse, praying that she had some cash in it. “But I did pay with card yesterday…” Luckily there’s cash and she hands it to the driver.

 

Jiwoo gets out of the car and starts to walk to her next class “Where’s Ha Sooyoung at?” she mumbles but stops in her place once she spots Doyeon walking to her class as well. Embarrassed, the shorter girls hides behind the vending machine and bites her lip nervously “Gosh I really am stupid? I really don’t want to bump into her.” her face scrunches up “I said hello to her after dumping her in front of everyone…”

 

Jungeun and Joowon walk towards her, wondering why their friend was hiding in the first place until they follow her eyes. “Ah, so you’re embarrassed. Aren’t you?” Jungeun is trying to hold in her smile.

 

Jiwoo’s head snaps in their direction, ushering them to be quiet “Go away. What if Doyeon sees us?”

 

“What are you doing?” all three girls turn their head at the unexpected voice talking to them. Not seeming to recognize the person speaking, she reintroduces herself “I’m Sujeong. We met yesterday.” they then size up Jinsol who was shyly poking out from behind her, avoiding any eye contact with any of them.

 

“Why are you guys acting so weird over here.” Sujeong smiles as she asks.

 

Jiwoo looked at Doyeon’s direction, noticing the tall girl was now looking over here “Go away.” she tries to shoo everyone. Now they were just making things even more obvious and they were starting up a commotion.

 

Jungeun is looking Jinsol up and down “What are you wearing?” this was more of an insult than a question. The two looked odd, the yellow jumper with black stripes going down the sleeves “Are you guys going for a Bruce Lee look?” she holds her thumb against her nose, mimicking him.

 

Sujeong rolls her eyes and turns around, moving her hair out of the way. The words Civil Construction printed on the back. “It’s our uniform.”

 

Jiwoo, Jungeun and Joowon share a look, deciding they didn’t want to get seen hanging around them. Jungeun swinging her arms around the two as they walked away, she lets go and quickly turns around with a hand on her hip “Hey.” she nods her head in Jinsol’s direction “I’ll see you later.”

 

Jinsol jumps in her spot, her finger shakingly pointing to herself “Me?” she looks around herself, trying to make sure. Jungeun raises an eyebrow before giving the blonde a small smile and throwing her arms back around her two friends, walking away.




 

 

 

Mina on the floor of her practice room, stretching out her body. A friend of hers calling out to grab her attention “Myoui, your fan club is here again.” she says this with a smile and points to the door. A group of boys peeking their heads out to catch a look at the petite ballerina.

 

“I haven’t seen that girl in the yellow jacket around anymore. I wonder if she quit?” her friend says, wondering what happened to the pretty girl that used to come around to watch Mina practice.

 

Mina looks at her friend with a curious look on her face, her friends continuing the conversation “You mean the civil construction major? There’s only like four girls in this entire school that major in that.


 

Sooyoung holds the drink she had bought earlier in her hand “I’ll make it happen today.” she says to herself, trying to give her ego a little more confidence. She looks inside the training room, peeking her head out just enough to see the pretty ballerina that she was crushing on.

 

Mina is twirling around slowly, her eyes meeting Sooyoung’s and Sooyoung quickly hides. She leans her back against the wall and sighs in frustration “She already saw you. Why would you hide?” she knocks her head for being so dumb.

-

“Hey she’s finally coming.” her friend whispers to Mina with a slight laugh as they watched Sooyoung approach them with a snack in her hand, a gift for the ballerina.

 

She was practically running towards them, it was now or never. As soon as they met eyes, Sooyoung stops and turns the other way.

 

Mina’s friend laughing at this while Mina herself watched as Sooyoung ran away from her.

 


 

The ballerina doesn’t say anything while her friends gossiped about her and went back to stretching. Sooyoung walks in front of the door, watching her old college crush. Mina Myoui. Sooyoung had forgotten how pretty she was.

 

A flashback of Jinsol taunting her back when she first got her divorce “Even if you go back in time, you won’t be able to date Mina.

 

If I go back in time, I’ll date her. Why would I date Jiwoo?

 

Things were different now, and Sooyoung was going to make sure that she was going to date Mina instead. She had a second chance at life, Sooyoung wasn’t the same naive girl she once was. She grips on her backpack straps as she walked into the room, confidently as she approached the girl stretching.

 

“Mina the yellow girl is here.” nodding her head in the direction of Sooyoung. “She’s not wearing her yellow uniform today.”

 

Mina looks up at Sooyoung as she squatted beside her “Hey, I’m Ha Sooyoung. A freshman in civil construction. Oh wait-” she digs through her backpack, taking out a drink and offers it to her “Let’s be friends?”


 

 

 

Jiwoo and Sooyoung end up sharing a class with each other, Jiwoo boring holes at the back of Sooyoung’s head the whole time. The older turns her head at Jiwoo who was throwing a glare her way. She shakes her head, guessing Jiwoo was just upset at being rejected by her yesterday.

 

She gets up to use the restroom and watched as the shorter followed her “We need to talk.” Jiwoo says in a stern voice.

 

Sooyoung closes her eyes and lets out a small sigh before turning around to face her ex wife “Look Jiwoo, I know you must’ve liked me a lot. I know, I know. I’m really attractive but I just can’t accept your confession. Come on, Woo. This is getting embarrassing for you.”

 

At the the mention of her old nickname, Jiwoo starts to click her tongue. This only confirmed that this Sooyoung standing in front of her was her ex from the future.

 

Slowly clapping her hands, Jiwoo steps closer to her “Wah, Ha Soo. You really are a great actress. You almost had me fooled.”

 

Sooyoung squints her eyes at her, her sudden realization hitting her slowly “Should I become an actress then? You know you’re pretty good yourself.” she starts to wave her off “Forget it- since when did you know it was me? Did you ignore me because you wanted a new life?”

 

Jiwoo frowns “And who are you to say that to me? What did you say to me earlier? That I should study hard to become a career woman.” a scoff “You’re the worst.”

 

Sooyoung is taken aback by her own words being thrown back to her face, she takes a step closer as she looks her in the eyes “You know Kim Jiwoo, it’s really scary when you say those things with that face.” she grabs on her own shoulder and shivers into them, mockingly.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

The taller moves her hands faster “Can’t you tell? I’m comforting myself for living with a scary woman for such a long time.”

 

Jiwoo rolls her eyes “You’re so lame.”

 

Sooyoung almost says, ‘Yeah and that’s what you like about me.’ but stops herself. They weren’t a thing anymore and she was going to have to keep reminding herself that. “I’ve always been this lame, didn’t you know?”

 

“Whatever forget it, the reason I wanted to talk to you was to ask you if you anything about us returning to this time period” Jiwoo tries to be serious with her.

 

Sooyoung in return gives her a blank face “How should I know.”

 

Jiwoo rolls her eyes for the twentieth time that day “I thought we would return back after yesterday but we might have to stay here forever…”

 

“Forever” a tilt of her head “I’d be grateful.” she wags her finger in front of Jiwoo. Sooyoung then sticks her hands in her pockets, leaning on one leg “You should be thankful too. Since I’m here I’m going to enjoy my life and if you were smart, you would too. So let’s live our lives separately from now on.”

 

 

 


 

“A club?” Jungeun says as she sits up from her bed, eyebrows raised in surprise “Did I hear that right? Jiwoo didn’t you say that you were never going to step foot in a club?”

 

Jiwoo looks at her friends, hands in her lap “I want to experience it at least once in my life.”

 

Jungeun looks at Joowon, giving Jiwoo a smug look while nodding her head slowly “Alright then.”

 

The girls get ready, they put on dark makeup and outfits that Jungeun approved of to go dancing in.

 

“Red lip.” Jiwoo grimances at the dark shade that Jungeun put on. No. Joowon reaching for an accessory to go with her outfit “Handbag.” she holds up a ugly looking one. No.

 

 

They’re currently sitting at a table, a waiter approaching them “Would you ladies like to book a room?” he gives a charming smiles, trying to convince them.

 

“Room?” Jiwoo furrows her eyebrows and the waiter then explains to the girl “A booking room, you meet new people and maybe hit it off.”

 

Jiwoo looks at Jungeun, a small pout “Can we Jungeun? I haven’t done one before, let’s try it just this once. Please?” she’s humming towards her, wanting to appeal to her friend.

 

Jungeun crosses her arms, a sigh leaving but nods her head nonetheless. Jiwoo squeals and the trio follows the waiter into a secluded room. A bunch of guys in the room and they straightened their backs once the girls walked in.

 

They takes a seat by each men and Jiwoo smiles shyly as one of them pours her a shot, obviously into her “It’s nice to meet you. “ he holds his own shot up and the both of them drink together “If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you?” he asks once he’s finished.

 

“I’m thir-twenty. Twenty I’m twenty.” Jiwoo catches her slip up but continues to smile at him.

 

“Ahh I’m twenty one, that means I’m older than you..” he nods to himself and crosses his legs.

 

Jungeun looks at his posture and throws him a dirty look “You. How dare you speak so casually to my friend?” she had always had a short temper but Jungeun wasn’t going to let him talk down to her friend.

 

He sits up “What? I’m sorry if I offended you.”

 

Jiwoo awkwardly shifts in her seat, a small laugh trying to ease them “Hey, come on. Don’t worry about it.” she waves both hands “It’s alright, you can speak to me casually.”

 

He smiles “My name is Yugyeom, Kim Yugyeom.”

 

Jungeun was still not satisfied but keeps closed anyone as she crossed her arms. The man sitting by Jungeun smirks at her “I like how you’re very feisty. You’re twenty too, right?” he leans in her direction “You probably can’t drink well. It’s okay, you’ll get better at it if you drink more.” he pours her a shot and offers it to her “Take it.”

 

Jungeun scoffs but smiles before swatting his hand away “Wanna bet?”

 

-

 

“Let’s go dance?” Jungeun stands up from her seat and wipes her hands, the four of them looking at the man passed out on the table from drinking too much “Come on.” Jungeun wasn’t even tipsy at this point.

 

The friends stand up and Jiwoo feels someone grip her wrist and she looks down at the man that was talking to her earlier. He hands her a paper from his pocket “See you again soon?” Jiwoo opens it, his name and number written in it.

 



 

Sooyoung is dancing along to the music, she had forgotten how fun it was to go clubbing. She wasn’t one to brag but she get a lot of numbers back in her day. Sooyoung bumps into someone “Ah sorry.”

“Watch where you’re going next time.”

 

Sooyoung lets a small yelp leave her lips, she had to bump into the one that had the worst temper. Jungeun gives a stank look, moving her head around searching for her friends “You came here alone?”

 

The older tsks, she knew who Jungeun was looking for but figured there was no use in lying to her “No I came here with Sujeong and Jinsol.”

 

Sooyoung’s gaze then turns to Jiwoo, who was trying to look away from her. They continued to dance and Sooyoung moves closer to her “Aren’t you a little too old to be going to clubs?”

 

Jiwoo shakes her head with a smile growing, she digs into her pocket and pulls out the small paper “Really? This handsome man seems to think otherwise.” she shakes it in front of her face.

 

Still bouncing to the music, the taller replies “Are you sure he wasn’t just pitying you?”

 

Jiwoo is still smiling “Whatever.” she’s looking around the club, the man coming out of the room with his drunk friend attached to his side “Oh look! Him! He’s the guy that gave me his number.” she points to his direction.

 

Sooyoung looks in the direction that Jiwoo was pointing at and feels her heart drop to her stomach. This would be the type of guy Jiwoo would attract. Sooyoung stops dancing, her arms dropping to her side and tears her gaze away from him. It was Doctor Kim.

 

 

 


 

Hi sorry for this super late update but! I actually went out to sea for a short period and it was absolutely hell for. I got so sea sick that I couldn't stare at my phone without wanting to throw up. 

And i didn't have any signal because duh! I was in the middle of the ocean.

Once I did come back I didn't really have any internet but now I live in the barracks so yay me!

Thank you for reading (I didn't check for mistakes and this is a little sloppy I'm sorry)