Chapter I

The Rich Man's Daugther ( a taeny adoptation)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I want you all to meet my family.

 

 

My grandfather is one of the many Korean-American immigrants form US who settled in Korea in search of luck and greater opportunities. His heart then begin to become 100% korean.

 

My Grandmother (Nani) the woman that my grandfather met here in Korea. 100% Korean. After they got married, they started a business around 1950's. A small store that sells shoes, socks and bags in Myeong-dong, but they managed to make it big around 1970's. Their business spread around Korea like a bomb that exceeded my grandfathers expectations and dreams. Their business become successful with the help of their three children.

Daesuk samchon the eldest, is a priest who prays for them. 


Dojung my playboy samchon as the Chief Operating Officer.

And the youngest, the Handsome Hwang DaeHyun my beloved father. The number 1 person in charge, our CEO (Chief Executive Officer) 

 

 

My father is very fortunate, although he is the youngest, my grandparents still chose him to carry the biggest responsibility in running the family business. 
But there was a time when my father is younger, my family cast a spell on him.

 

They force him to date several rich woman because my grandparents believe in the fortune teller that our family will become more successful if my father marry that certain woman. But my father refuses.


It was during that time when my father met the woman who would become my mother. My father went to a bar and there she saw my mother dancing and grooving on the dance floor. And when their eyes met, they both smile and feels the spark.


My mother had a dream then to become a rich and famous celebrity.

Sadly, my mother's dream were little too elusive for her. So in the bar, she danced away all her frustrations and displeasure in life.
Little did my mother know in that bar, my lovestruck father was going to be the answers to her dreams of fame and fortune.

 

"Nice car, are you rich?" My mother asked while getting closer to my dads car. 

"My parents are rich, not me" my dad replied, and opened the door of his car.

"Hop in"

"Thank you"


"Where do you want me to take you?" My dad asked before starting the engine of his car.

"Where do you want to go?" My mom also asked. Almost flirting.

 

After a month
My dad went home, 

"I'm sorry, i didn't come sooner, but i really didn't like the woman you chose for me" my dad said, in front of my grandparents while they are in the living room.

And at the same time, holding  my mom's hand. Wow sweet right?

"I already married EunJung in a civil wedding"
My dad proudly announced in front of my not so happy grandparents.

"And you're about to have a grandchild dad" my dad added.


"I DON'T CARE!
my grandfather yelled

 "You married that woman?" My grandfather added. Mocking my mom.

"If your son hadn't impregnated me, i would've been a superstar by now!"

My mom said. Yes my mom highly think of herself like that.

"Dad please, i love Eunjung" my dad begged

"Sweetie, there's nothing we can do" my grandmother joined the conversation. "It's already done"

"NO!" My grandfather still refuses.

"It's not like we could cast our own son away" my grandmother is still trying to convince my grandfather.

"You made decision without thinking of us DaeHyun! Then, i no longer want you to be part of this family" my grandfather announced. He really have a hard heart. "Get out!"


"Fine! Have it your way!" My dad replied. "Let's go Eunjung"

"Wait, wait just a second" my mother stopped my father from walking away. She really wants to be a part of my dad's rich family, that's why.

 

"Sir, Ma'am, don't do this to your son" my mom, pleaded in front of my grandparents. "Don't cast him and my child away, they're your blood too"

/slap/

"Eunjung!" My dad yelled.

My grandfather is really bad that time when she slaps my mom.

My father then wanted to punch my grandfather only to be stopped by my grandmother

"Daehyun! Don't hit your father please" my grandmother cried

"You are no longer welcome in this house" my grandfather calmly said. "I no longer care about you, i no longer care about your child daehyun, and you will not get a single cent from me, get out. Both of you! Get out of my house!"


My dad and mom then decided to walk out of the house with a heavy heart.

 


That day, my mom witnessed again, how her dreams flew away.
In order to provide for my mom, my dad sell his car and other belongings which made my mom very disappointed. She wants that beautiful car.

 

Also that day, my mom promised to herself that she will not accept any failure in her life again. So she decided to make a plan to made my grandparents accept them.

my mom started to give gifts to my grandparents but nothing seems to work. And just when she was about to give up, my mom then finally found the key to open the door that will lead her to her dream of becoming rich by the help of my dad's family wealth.

My mom, heard my grandfather and grandmother talking in the church about wishing to have a daughter because they only have 3 sons.

 

 

 

 

 

While my mom is giving birth, she keeps on yelling to have a daughter instead of having a baby boy. Because a baby girl will lead her to her dreams. She thinks that my grandparents will going to accept them.

"Lord, please! I want a baby girl!"


"Okay, push!" The doctor yelled


"Please give me a baby girl!" My mom continue to beg to no one.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh"

"Here it comes! It's coming out!" The doctor yelled

"Doc? What's the gender of my child?" My mom asked half awake

"It's a healthy baby boy" the doctor announced. "Congratulations!"

"Huh???? Oh my god" my mom then suddenly breakdown

 

 


After the failure of having a daughter, two years later, my mom got pregnant again hoping to be a daughter this time.


"Push!"

"Lord! Please, give this one to me!" My mom begged again. "Just give me a daughter"

"It's out" the doc announced again.


My dad then asked, "doc? What is it? Is it a girl?" 

"It's a boy again" the doc announced.

"Oh my god!!!!!!!" My mom shouts and freaked out.


"We have two boys now!" My dad is happily jumping inside er while my mom is devastated.


"I'm done!" My mom said and sleeps.


Then after 2 again my mom got impregnated she don't want to lose hope.

"Push!!" 

"I give up lord, i am surrendering this to you" my mom said while having a hard time giving birth.

"Whatever comes out! I am done! I give up" my mom said

"Push!"

"Ahhhhhhhhh"

"Doc, is it another boy?" My dad asked.

 

"It's a girl, a healthy and beautiful girl at last!"

My mom suddenly, all have the strength to yell, "A GIRL???!!!!"


"Daehyun! Bring her here, give her to me!" My mom said while breathing heavily.

"Wait just a second" my dad is panicking

"It's a girl!" My mom cried "thank you lord!"

 

 

 

After 3 days my mom and dad decided to take a family picture, its my mom way of getting the attention of my grandparents.

 

"Make sure to capture the beauty of my baby girl, okay?" My mom demanded to the camera man. "I don't care if the rest of us are blurry, as long as my baby girl is pretty, is that clear?"

"Yes ma'am very clear"


"Focus on my daugther"


/click/

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


-----

"Sweetie! Come! Come here!" My grandmother happily calls for my grandfather.

"What is it now?" He asked

"Look at this" my grandmother said while holding my my family picture which my mom had plan to do.
"What is it?"

"It's a girl, finally daehyun has a daughter" she said.

Then my grandfather suddenly grabs the picture to look at the baby girl and he smiled widely.

"Wow she is very cute" my grandfather happily said.

 

 


Because they don't have a daughter of their own, my grandparents were very happy when I was born.

 

 

 

 

 

It was because of me, their youngest child, the doors opened to the house of the Hwang's. The door reopened for my family.

 

 

Suddenly, my dad and mom reconciles with my grandparents.


"Welcome home my little darling" my grandmother said while carrying me as a baby.

"What's her name?" My grand dad asked.

"We haven't had her baptized yet" my dad said

"We will name her" my grandmother said "we will call her Tiffany, Tiffany Hwang"

"It's perfect!" My mom happily said


"Come closer everyone! Come closer look at my granddaughter!" My grandma  announced to all.


And it was because of me, that my mother finally achieved her most elusive dream.

Then we all had a family picture.

/click/

 

 

 

 

-------------------

After 24 years.


"It is as if no time has passed, right mom?" Tiffany's mom said to their grandma. "But now, my children are all grown up" she added while they are looking at Hwang's family picture.


"Tiffany is a young woman now" Eunjung said

 

"Tiffany? Why does that name sounds familiar?" Their grand ma said.  "Who are you again? I don't know you" She added.
  Then tiffany's brothers started laughing.

 

 

Their grand ma is too old to remember everything, she is sick that's why she's like that.

"What's funny? Your grandmother's illness is not a laughing matter!" Eunjung said angrily.

"Mom. Sorry" Donghae said "hey! Say sorry" then slaps his brother key.

"Sorry mom" Key then also added.


"Mom, what time is tiffany arriving? Eunji and i need to go to pick the wedding gown" donghae asked his mom, he will get married days from now that's why they need to pick up eunji's wedding gown.

 

 

"Just get it tomorrow, the driver already messaged me you sister is already on her way here" eunjung replied

"We will get it tomorrow babe" donghae said 
"Okay babe" eunji then nooded in agreement.

 

 

 

----


"By acquiring the H.A land corporation, our holdings will also increase it's presence in asia, here is my report" a man said named nickuhun talking about business.


"Okay, sign the papers and make a transfer" their grand dad said.

 

"Okay good job, then it is all set" Daehyun added, they are having a small meeting in their house about a project.

 

 

 

"Donghae, they are done, you can approach them now" eunjung said to his son dongahe and key, asking them to stand up.

 donghae quickly got up, and approaches his dad, and grand dad, while key just sit there contemplating whether to join or not.

Key always wanted to exclude himself to his family. That's his personality.

 

 


"Sir, the car is arriving!" The maid excitedly announced. "Tiffany is here!" The maid added

"At last!!! Lets go dad" daehyun said while pulling his dad outside.

 

 

"Oh my god! My daugther is here!" Eunji is happily jumping while motioning everyone to go outside and welcome Tiffany


While key just don't give a on what is happening.


"What is happening in this house? why i don't know anyone?" Their grand ma said while all people are going crazy because of the arrival of Tiffany "Who are all these people?" 

"There's no need for questions ma'am" her nurse replied. "Everyone here is family, people you love."

Hearing what the nurse said to their grandma, key decided to stand up from the couch, and went to their family picture on the desk. He put down tiffany's picture, before going somewhere far from his family. A sign of displeased.


Then car finally stops, and everyone hurriedly wants to open the door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter