Your Wedding

Your Wedding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum had been afraid of this day for a while. The day his fantasy's would have to stop and he had to face reality. The day an invitation to a wedding would find his way to his home, a wedding he rather would not like to go as this person was his crush for almost all his live but he had to go because the person was also his best friend. But sadly that had happened just the day before.

The invitation was a bit unexpected and he hadn't been prepared for the ache that had immediately spread in his chest after reading it. An ache that had left him awake through the whole night, tossing from one side of his bed to another. And he knew that right now he looked terrible, his eyes red from the lack of sleep but even if his body screamed at him to rest his mind wouldn't let him.
The envelope was lying on the small table in front of him. He kept on looking at the beautiful lettering, it looked like it wanted to describe the person behind the name. Park Jinyoung.

Jinyoung had been his childhood friend, his classmate from primary school until their acceptance into the same university where they took different paths to reach their dreams. Jaebeom couldn't remember exactly the moment he fell for the other but he fell for him hard. It had taken him a while to realize that he wasn't really interested in girls and getting a girlfriend but rather was interested in boys, well, more precisely, this one who every morning would wait at the bus stop for him to go to school with him.

They had grown apart once they had graduated and were accepted to different universities. On special occasions they would meet along side with others from their class. At their latest meeting a couple weeks back, Jinyoung had not said a word about him getting a girlfriend nor getting married soon. He had talked about his moving process as he preferred living closer to the school he will be a teacher He told them that the past few weeks in which he had to take the subway to get to both had been miserable for him. Being stuck in that small space squeezed inside by other people and getting hit with elbows and bags into his rips were things he gladly declined. He had talked about how excited he was to be able to meet the children soon and start as a teacher assistant. Not one word about a woman whose name was next to Jinyoung's on the invitation. Nothing about the big day just a couple weeks later which will be the start of a new chapter of his life which he will be spending with someone else. This probably was the reason why the invitation had shocked him so much. He knew that as the good friend he kept on pretending to be and had always wanted to be for Jinyoung, there was no way he wouldn't go to the wedding, congratulate him and wish him and his wife all the best.

“What's going on Jaebeom hyung? What's with that long face and all those sighs?”, the voice of his new roommate Yugyeom, broke his train of thoughts. Yugyeom was a few years younger than Jaebeom, they had met at university when Jaebeom was in his senior year and Yugyeom in his first year. Both had been in the same department and so often their paths crossed at their buildings and Jaebeom couldn't miss how every teacher would have love and hate relationship with the younger because of his talent but also because of his laziness. Once Jaebeom had graduated from university and was now a full time worker who wanted to live in a apartment that wasn't the size of a shoe box there was no way around but looking for a roommate so he could afford a bigger place. Just two months ago his former roommate had told him that he will move out soon and that he should look for someone else quickly as he would feel bad if Jaebeom couldn't keep the place because of him. And so he had made an advertisement for it. Soon his phone was almost exploding with all the messages from people looking for a place and he didn't know how he would be able to find the right person to live with only to see that one of his saved contacts and sent him a message about his add. It was Yugyeom who was looking for a place now, he had written that 'It's time to stop depending on my parents' but he was scared to live on his own right away and so would like to live in a shared apartment. Shortly after Yugyeom already started to move his belongings in to said apartment.

“You almost look like your first love just appeared in front of you telling you the wedding will be soon.” How precise the younger had just said what had happened. The expression on Jaebeoms face showed a small and sad smile. He didn't reply to anything the younger said but pushed the invitation over to Yugyeom.
"Oh! A wedding how great. Who is this? Someone from the university I also know? ", Jaebeom's answer once again was simply a sigh.
"OK, you do not seem to be happy the way I am whenever I'm invited to a wedding. I mean duuuhh free food! There has been only one wedding I've been to and I'd rather not have gone to.”, the younger's eyes now stared right into Jaebeoms “Wait! No, don't tell me it's actually your first love that it's that guy?” Jaebeom nodded and sank deeper into the couch. Yes, the younger one himself had had a similar situation with his first love, he had mourned barely a year after hearing that she was in a relationship, until he was invited to their wedding and saw how happy the couple was and how well they matched each other.
"I don't want to go there! But I can already hear my mother calling me and scold me if I don't show up. She might even come here and drag me to it if there is no other way." Yugyeom sat down next to Jaebeom on the couch and patted him on the shoulder encouragingly.
“If it helps I could go with you, you know as your moral support.” A laugh slipped from Jaebeom's lips.
“You my moral support? Yugyeom I think that's the best joke you've made, we both know you are in for the free food.” The way the younger looked at him after these words screamed disappointment.
“That was no joke that was and still is my utter earnest. If you want me to accompany you to this wedding from” he glanced at the card in front of him, “Park Jinyoung. Then I will be there for you.” He nodded to emphasize his words once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like that several weeks went by, Yugyeom even dragged him to a department store to buy a nice and above all expensive new suit. With the words: “Jinyoung will wish to have someone so handsome next to him like you.” Yugyeom had found a suit for Jaebeom who, according to him was 'fitted at all the right places'.
“If I would like men, I'd take you right away hyung.” had been his last words before buying it.

The following day he planned to pay a visit at his parents house and therefore had to hurry up to put away the bags into their apartment, get his already packed bag for the weekend and make it to his car to get on his way.
Once he arrived at the doorstep it opened without him even ringing the doorbell and he got swept into a bone-crushing embrace by his mother. His father stayed behind as usual and just patted him on the shoulder along with a “nice to see you son.”
His mother was once again complaining that he had lost weight and probably wasn't eating proper meals. This was something she would always say, ever since he moved out she thought that the only meal he is able to cook would be Ramyeon. But according to Yugyeom his cooking skills were quite good since the younger always insisted that Jaebeom should cook and he would do the dishes.

“Honey did you hear? Jinyoung finally will get married! It was about time for that boy. He's not getting younger and his parents want grandchildren soon.” His mother started to babble. And they were already on the topic he didn't want to talk about in the first place.
“Sweetheart? Did you give our reply card to the Parks last week?” asked his father.
Of course and I also said that you can count on Jaebeom and to give you some space I told them you might not be alone so you can take a date with you to it. Like this we for sure will be a t the same table not like at the last wedding we were invited and you had to stand on the side because all tables were full by the time you arrived.” The last wedding he had went to, where his parents were also invited, he was able to spend the afternoon with Jinyoung. Sadly this time it would be different he wouldn't be able to observe the whole room of people together with Jinyoung, this time that wouldn't be possible. It didn't fully surprise him that his mother would give the answer for him, because of this he now really had to go to the wedding. He might as well really take Yugyeoms offer and go with him. With a good friend on his side it would be bearable. Or at least he hoped it was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the day he had hoped would never come. The day of the wedding.
“Ah hyung! Hurry up otherwise we'll be late and can't take any pictures before the ceremony starts.” Yugyeom had made it his official mission to make Jaebeom look as good as possible. They both wore their newly purchased suits and had been at the barber the day before.
“You have to show that boy what he is missing out with someone like you.”
“What do you mean someone like me?” Jaebeom knew Yugyeom too well for this not to sound ambiguous.
“Well someone like you. You are unique Jaebeom hyung. A unique person that often has an angry chin” The last statement had the result that Jaebeom made a short and hefty punch against Yugyeoms shoulder.
“Ah hyung! The suit is new I don't want to crumple it before we even arrive at the hall!” Ignoring the fact that it will get crumpled when he would sit in the car and so the two kept on bickering in Jaebeom's car. The ride to the hall was next to their bickering uneventful. He knew Yugyeom did this to help him to keep his mood up. In a few hours his hope of ever getting a chance with Jinyoung would be completely lost. He would not try to ruin a marriage, even if that meant for him that he would only see his crush from afar and keep a certain distance for himself as well as for Jinyoung. He did not want to drive a couple apart that was obviously happy. He wasn't someone that put his happiness before others, he rather stepped back and see the other person be happy.

“Earth to Jaebeom! We're here!” Yugyeom almost screamed into his right ear. He hadn't noticed how they have reached the hall or how he had parked.
“Hyung if you really don't want to be here, we can just go back. Of course, it's a pity that no one would be able to admire our amazing suits but surely there will be a next opportunity someday.” The younger had been looking forward to the wedding to finally get to know people from his past and of course the free food was also a plus for him. As well as finally getting to know who his long-time crush was and maybe getting a glimpse of what had gotten him so deep into him. Sure Yugyeom had seen several pictures of of the two, as they had studied together, for their final exams or better said Jinyoung had helped him passing his exams.
“Stop sulking, I'm coming ok.” With that Jaebeom opened the door and got off the car. He thought to himself a 'This is for Jinyoung' locked the car and started walking towards the entrance. Before he was able to get away too far from the car Yugyeom pulled on his arm and inspected him from all sides.
"Is this really necessary, can't we just go in?"
"I've told you this several times, hyung. We'll get the best out of you so he can't take his eyes off of you." A sigh escaped Jaebeom's lips, which earned him a look from the younger. " Hey, I'm doing this for you hyung!"

Once the younger looked satisfied with him they both continued their path towards the entrance. Soon they reached the door and without hesitating he pulled the handle and walked in along side with Yugyeom. There were just 30 minutes left till the ceremony would begin and as usual the guests were able to take pictures with the bride and the groom individually. Something that he would not do, he had saved a small amount of money together to give to them as a gift. This would probably be the last gift he would do for Jinyoung directly. After today, he would have to get over these feelings and get over him. Maybe he should go to one of the blind dates his friends had tried to get him to for the past years, blind dates he had always refused to go simply because his heart had been taken already. Maybe this would give him an opportunity to meet the person, his match, who know maybe that person had been waiting for him all along.

“Jaebeom hyung!” he heard a voice he knew to well. A single person broke out of the crowd, a person who bowed and greeted people on all sides. He wore a simple black suit with a dark red tie. As far as Jaebeom could t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter